How To Find Contentment In Your Life?
Please contact us if you have any questions or comments or would just like some encouragement?
Revenge, lust, ambition, pride, and self-will are too often exalted as the gods of man’s idolatry, while holiness, peace, contentment, and humility are viewed as unworthy of serious thought. ~ Charles Spurgeon
Hebrews 13:5 Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have because God has said, “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.”
Where Do You Find Your Contentment?
How Much Contentment Is In Your Life?
The word contentment can mean a lot of different things to different people. For example, someone might find pleasure by eating large amounts of food, or drinking mass quantities of alcohol, or being content doing nothing.
On the other hand, others find comfort and peace in the scriptures, which would be a better gauge in determining where true contentment comes from in your life.
How are you finding satisfaction in your life? Whatever makes you feel content, be sure that it honors God, because if it does not praise God, you are wasting your time.
Apostle Paul talked about being content in all his life situations, either good or not so good. ~ Bill Greguska
Here Are Some Helpful Links:
What Is The Secret Of Contentment?
Proverbs 30:7-9 “Two things I ask of you, Lord; do not refuse me before I die: Keep falsehood and lies far from me give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread. Otherwise, I may have too much and disown you and say, ‘Who is the Lord?’ Or I may become poor and steal, and so dishonor the name of my God.
Godliness With Contentment Is Great Gain!
When You Find Contentment, You Found A Treasure!
If you are anything like me, when I find myself most content, it is either when I focus on being thankful for what I have or when I can accept that I do not have what I believe that I need.
Below are some great tips for finding contentment in life. I learned that running after abusing unhealthy things such as drugs, alcohol, food, or anything else is no longer the way it needs to be, and I can try to be content in whatever situation I am in.
Related Pages Of Encouragement:
A Special Link for a Little Extra Encouragement
The Find Contentment Not-To-Do List:
If we are to find true contentment, we must establish some basic guidelines.
- Do not compare yourself to others because that is unproductive. 2 Cor. 10:12 Be sure that you Do not compare your job, body, friends, or spouse with what other people have. It is better to admire them instead.
- Do not let the spirit of fear attack us. One of Satan’s most useful tools against people is the question, “What if?” Dedicated people get trapped into hoarding because they fear the “What if?” we do not have enough money, worried about retirement, thoughts about a possible disability or unemployment, economic collapse, and so on.
- Do not put your hope in money, which is so very uncertain. Instead, put your faith in God because He is the one who blesses you!
Find Contentment And Gratitude In Your Life!
The Find Contentment To-Do List:
- Have a thought out a plan for whatever money you have. We all are at different economic levels. On whatever level He has placed you, live within those means, and be thankful for everything.
- Make a good plan to give to others that means sharing your money and your time, talents, tears, and energies.
- Develop your priories and write them on paper. There are more Christians than you can imagine who are not content. Not because they are not doing well, but because others have more or are doing so-called better. People often look at what they don’t have and become dissatisfied and sad instead of being thanking God for what they do have and being content with what He has supplied in their life.
- Practice a positive, thankful attitude. It is remarkable that living in America, and we could never think that God has failed us materially. That approach is possible only when we allow Satan to convince us to compare ourselves to others. The primary defense against this attitude is praise to God. Satan uses lavishness and waste to create discontent and selfish ambition. Thankfulness is a state of mind, not an accumulation of things. Until you can honestly thank God for what you have and be willing to accept God’s provision the way He has chosen, contentment will never be possible.
- Sure to Seek God’s will. “More than that, I count all things to be a loss in view of the surpassing value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them but rubbish so that I may gain Christ” (Philippians 3:8).
- Develop an attitude of gratitude, and you will find so much more contentment in doing so. “Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.” 1 Thessalonians 5:18 Don’t focus on your circumstances or what you don’t have. Focus on what you do have, and thank God for it! Until God gives you something different, we need to be content with what you have and do not have.
- Trust in God’s promise. “The peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus” Philippians 4:7.
What If My Problems Seem Out Of Control?
Find Hope And Encouragement From Our Links!
- If you just started believing in God, we have a page specifically for you.
- If you are dealing with anger, stress, or depression, we have information that can help you.
- We have phone helplines, website links, youtube videos.
- You can learn more about us and our goals and our purpose.
- If you have a drug/alcohol problem, or if you want to get right with God, you are at the right place!
- If you need to talk to someone right away, you can call 800-633-3446 or click here.
- Finally, if you have any questions or get on our email list, just let us know.
For Encouragement Call 1-800-633-3446 or Chat