Please contact us if you have any questions or comments or want some encouragement.
Growing up in church, I felt an obligation to pray, but as my faith grew over the years, I now see prayer as a privilege to talk with God in the quiet one-on-one time I have in the morning. I have a special bench at McCarthy Park where I love to pray. I say to God, “Lord, what do you want me to do? Then I sit back and allow God to speak to me with promptings from His Spirit or the Bible. ~ Bill Greguska
Here are some helpful links concerning prayer that you will find encouraging and insightful.
True prayer is neither a mere mental exercise nor a vocal performance. It is far more profound than that – it is a spiritual transaction with the Creator of Heaven and Earth. Charles Spurgeon
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 Rejoice always, pray continually, and give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.
Prayer Is Bigger Than You Might Think!
In Reality, Prayer Is A Blessing, Not A Laborious Task!
Prayer is a conversation between you and God; it is not asking God to change his mind, but for God to change my mind if that is His will. God wants to have a relationship with you, and prayer is one of the best ways to do this. Praying is one of the most important things a Christian can do. It is a time to communicate with God and should not be taken lightly.
There is a lot of power when we pray; it doesn’t have to be something that has to be said in a certain way, whatever is in your heart and mind. It’s something anyone can do anywhere at any time. There is no real wrong way to pray to God when you come to God humbly. It is essential to confess any sin before coming to God in prayer to cleanse your heart before the Lord. Prayer is the means for daily dialog with God, who created us. First, prayer allows us to share our cares and concerns with God. Prayer also allows us to share how much we are thankful for the things God provides. Prayer is not like rubbing a magic lamp and making a wish to a genie.
Prayer Is Talking With, And Listening To God!
Praying allows us to confess our sins and ask God for help with the temptations of life. When you pray, it is a way of honoring and worshiping God. I have two places I love the most to pray, one is in the bathroom, and the other is in McCarthy Park on a bench by the lagoon. I encourage you to ask God to give you a special place for the two of you to talk regularly. Finally, praying is a way to acknowledge that God is in control of our lives. Prayer allows us to be in a relationship with God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit. I have gotten into the habit of praying and journaling the first thing in the morning. I usually spend about 30 minutes reading my devotional, reading my Bible, and doing a little journaling reflection questions, which gets my day started on the right foot. ~ Bill Greguska
James 4:8 “draw near to God, and he will draw near to you.”
Here Are Some Helpful Links:
- “Ask, and you shall receive,” What did Jesus mean by that?
- How can I have my prayers answered by God?
- How should a Christian respond to unanswered prayers?
- What are some hindrances to a healthy prayer life?
- What is prayer?
When You Pray?
- When you pray, it opens the door to express your gratitude to God for all He does. It says in Psalm 9:1, “I will praise you, O LORD, with all my heart; I will tell of all your wonders.” When we pray, we acknowledge God’s faithfulness and all His blessings.
- When we pray, it allows us the opportunity to confess our sins and ask God for help to us repent of our sins. Unfortunately, we will be sinning until the day we die, but thankfully we can confess our sins to God, and He will forgive us our sins. 1 John 1:9
- When you pray, it is an act of worship and also an act of obedience. It says in 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18: “Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.” We ought to make prayer a regular habit and do it daily.
- When you pray is a great way to confess that God is in control of our lives, not us. We need to acknowledge God’s proper place in our lives and get directions from Him, not just do what we think is right or what feels good.
- Whether you are a brand new believer in Jesus Christ or have been a believer for many years, prayer should always be considered the best way to speak to God. Just think if you did not talk to a close friend or a loved one anymore. What do you think would happen to the relationship?
Helpful Scriptures About Prayer
- 1 Thessalonians 5:16-17
- James 5:13-17
- Jeremiah 33:3
- Matthew 7:7-8
- Matthew 6:33
- Psalms 46:10
- Matthew 5:13
- Matthew 6:9
Find Hope And Encouragement From Our Links!
- If you just started believing in God, we have a page specifically for you.
- If you are dealing with anger, stress, or depression, we have information to help you.
- We have phone helplines, website links, and YouTube videos.
- You can learn more about us, our goals, and our purpose.
- If you have a drug/alcohol problem or want to get right with God, you are at the right place!
- If you need to talk to someone right away, you can call 800-633-3446 or click here.
- Finally, if you have any questions or want to get on our email list, just let us know.
For Encouragement, Call 1-800-633-3446 or Chat