What Does Prayer Mean To You?
When growing up in church, I felt an obligation to pray, but as my life developed over the years, I now look at prayer as a privilege to talk with God in the one-on-one quiet time I have in the morning.
Here are some helpful links concerning prayer that you will find encouraging and insightful. ~ Bill Greguska
Please contact us if you have any questions or comments or would just like some encouragement?
Prayer is something that I believe too many people overlook or take for granted. Here are some encouraging scriptures about prayer.
True prayer is neither a mere mental exercise nor a vocal performance. It is far deeper than that – it is a spiritual transaction with the Creator of Heaven and Earth. Charles Spurgeon
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.
We are here to talk, pray, or listen.
Prayer Is Bigger Than You Might Think!
In Reality, Prayer Is A Blessing, Not A Laborious Task!
Prayer is a conversation between you and God; it is not asking God to change his mind, but for God to change my mind if that is His will.
God wants to have a relationship with you, and one of the best ways to do this is through prayer.
Praying is one of the most important things a Christian can do.
It is a time to communicate with God, and it should not be taken lightly.
There is a lot of power when we pray; it doesn’t have to be something that has to be said in a certain way, whatever is in your heart and mind. It’s something anyone can do anywhere at any time.
There is no real wrong way to pray to God when you come to God humbly.
It is essential to confess any sin before coming to God in prayer to cleanse your heart before the Lord. Prayer is the means for daily dialog with God, the One who created us. First of all, prayer allows us to share our cares and concerns with God.
Prayer also gives us the chance to share how much we are thankful for the things God provides. Prayer is not like rubbing a magic lamp and making a wish to a genie.
Prayer Is Talking With, And Listening To God!
When we pray, it allows us to confess our sins and ask God for help with the temptations of life. When you pray, it is a way of honoring and worshiping God.
I have two places I love the most to pray, one is in the bathroom, and the other is in McCarthy Park on a bench by the lagoon. I encourage you to ask God to give you a special place for the two of you to talk regularly.
Finally, to pray is a way to acknowledge that God is really in control of our lives. Prayer allows us to be in a relationship with God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit.
James 4:8 “draw near to God, and he will draw near to you.”
I have gotten into the habit of praying and journaling the first thing in the morning. I usually spend about 30 minutes reading my devotional, read my Bible, and do a little journaling reflection questions, which I feel gets my day started on the right foot. ~ Bill Greguska
Here Are Some Helpful Links:
- “Ask, and you shall receive,” What did Jesus mean by that?
- How can I have my prayers answered by God?
- How should a Christian respond to unanswered prayers?
- What are some hindrances to a healthy prayer life?
- What is prayer?
When You Pray?
- When you pray, it opens the door to express our gratitude to God for all He does. It says in Psalm 9:1, “I will praise you, O LORD, with all my heart; I will tell of all your wonders.” When we pray, we acknowledge God’s faithfulness and all His blessings.
- When you pray, it allows us the opportunity to confess our sin and ask God for help to us repent of our sin. Unfortunately, we will be sinning until the day we die, but thankfully we can confess our sins to God, and He will forgive us our sins. 1 John 1:9
- When you pray, it is an act of worship and also an act of obedience. It says in 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18: “Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.” We ought to make prayer a regular habit and do it daily.
- When you pray is a great way to confess that God is in control of our lives, not us. We need to acknowledge God’s proper place in our lives and get directions from Him, not just do what we think is right or what feels good?
- Whether you are a new, brand new believer in Jesus Christ or have been a believer for many years, prayer should always be considered the best way to speak to God. Just think if you did not talk to a close friend or a loved one anymore? What do you think would happen to the relationship?
Helpful Scriptures About Prayer
- 1 Thessalonians 5:16-17
- James 5:13-17
- Jeremiah 33:3
- Matthew 7:7-8
- Matthew 6:33
- Psalms 46:10
- Matthew 5:13
- Matthew 6:9
What If My Problems Seem Out Of Control?
Find Hope And Encouragement From Our Links!
- If you just started believing in God, we have a page specifically for you.
- If you are dealing with anger, stress, or depression, we have information to help you.
- We have phone helplines, website links, youtube videos.
- You can learn more about us and our goals, and our purpose.
- If you have a drug/alcohol problem or if you want to get right with God, you are at the right place!
- If you need to talk to someone right away, you can call 800-633-3446 or click here.
- Finally, if you have any questions or want to get on our email list, just let us know.
For Encouragement Call 1-800-633-3446 or Chat