A New Life And New Start Are Available!
Today I am active in trying to help others quit those destructive habits, from one extreme to another! I learned that life is not all about me and what I want or like. Instead, it is about doing Gods will and loving one another.
God had a plan for me to start a new life. I believe that God wanted me to understand that plan before He got it into motion.
The Old Is Gone, The New Has Come!
The things that I used to love such as loud rock n roll music changed. First I started to listen to Reggae music in 1982 and Christian music mixed in with some light rock that was so much more peaceful. More peaceful than what I grew up with when I was using drugs and alcohol.
There were many marked differences in my life from the length of my hair to the clothes that I wore to the way I talked and acted. I was ready for a new life, but I did not realize that as of yet back then.
John 3:3 Jesus replied, “Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again.”
Do You Realise That God Know Our Hearts?
I heard and knew about God while I was growing up. But it was not until I began living for God in 1986 that He started to work really in my life. I wish I could have done some parts of my life differently. My life has not been a total waste by any means. God knew ahead of time what I would do and not do in my life, He has given me free will and God knows each one of our hearts since He created us and sustains us!
2 Timothy 1:9 He has saved us and called us to a holy life—not because of anything we have done but because of his own purpose and grace. This grace was given us in Christ Jesus before the beginning of time.
God has shown me many things along the way as He has worked to put back together with my life. Jesus has been my shepherd on this journey. I have learned that just because something like basketball, drugs, or alcohol feels good doesn’t make it right. I am thankful that my basketball testimony eventually turned from a nightmare into a good story!
More Things To Consider When Starting A New Life:
- Forgive everyone everything.
- Time heals almost everything. Give time some time.
- However, good or bad a situation is, it will change.
- Your job won’t take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch.
- Believe in miracles.
- Always choose life.
- Read the Psalms. They cover every human emotion.
- Don’t audit life. Show up and make the most of it now.
- Get rid of anything that isn’t useful, beautiful or joyful.
- No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
- Life isn’t tied with a bow, but it’s still a gift.
- Show appreciation towards others.
- Do not embarrass a person publicly with an error they made.
- Mention your mistakes before criticizing others.
- Ask more questions instead of giving direct orders.
- Jesus came to this world to serve not to serve.
- Let the other person save their face when they make a mistake.
- Share compliments freely. 1 Thessalonians 5:11
- If you do not have something nice to say, don’t say anything at all.
- Make people feel comfortable around you.
- Practice what you preach.
Conclusion And Summary
Do you want a new start in your life? Being inspired and motivated by what God did in my life, in 2007, I started the website,needencouragement.com during a sad time in my life after my separation and divorce.
I had a lot of time to reflect on what was going on and my life, which resulted in my writing a book about my life story and how God can use both right and wrong and have things turn out right for those who trust and follow Him. Pastor Ron Sauer and his wife, Sue, encouraged me a lot while I was going through a difficult marriage and, ultimately, divorce.
A Start A New Life Each New Day! (Beautiful)