Pornography Is Definitely Harmful!
Did you ever wonder why is our society is so addicted to porn? Pornography like all other sins is something that gives immediate gratification yet, in the long run, causes more damage to lives in general and specifically in marriages. If you think you might have a problem with pornography you can take this 45 question test?
Flee from sexual sin
To sum it up, I would without hesitation say that dealing with sexual lust is different than dealing with other types of sin. With sexual sin, it is not recommended to stand there and fight the sin, but rather to flee from it.
Like it is written concerning Potiphar’s wife in Genesis 39:12 she caught him by his garment, saying, “Lie with me.” But he left his garment in her hand, and fled and got out of the house. (Joseph was wise enough to not just stay there to talk to reason with her attempt of seduction, and fight his own feelings as a red-blooded man, but rather it is having the wisdom to RUN, that applies to all sexual temptations outside of marriage). ~ Bill Greguska
Here are some helpful links:
- How can I overcome an addiction to internet porn? Can addiction to pornography be defeated?
- Is it ever not a sin to masturbate?
- Is lust a sin?
- Masturbation – is it a sin according to the Bible?
- What does the Bible say about pornography?
Winning The War Against Pornography!
“Love is the great conqueror of lust.” ~ C.S. Lewis
Colossians 3:5 Put to death, therefore, whatever belongs to your earthly nature: sexual immorality, impurity, lust, evil desires and greed, which is idolatry.
The Four Pillars Of Purity Video’s
The Importance Of Running Away From The Temptation!
Rather Than Fighting It With Your Own Self-Determination!
Praying ahead of time and having someone as an accountability partner to keep you on the straight and narrow are not really an option, they are necessary. When tempted, get out of the situation that you are in physically which will help you regain control of yourself with the Holy Spirits power.
Since men have a greater battle with pornography than women, because our eyes are a source of sexual gratification, I would like to share some insight from a very good book called “Every Man’s Battle”. On page 72 where it says…”If a woman’s blouse falls open, you can not say, “Hey, that is in my sight line, I get to have that.” No, you have to look away. Otherwise, you’re a thief. You need to leave that valuable creation of God in the hands of God and her husband or her future husband. Bouncing your eyes off of that scantily dressed woman or simply fleeing the situation if possible are the two best solutions.
Focus on the Family
Yes, it is true that pornography has a long history that has gotten extremely popular especially since the internet, but even so, just because everyone is jumping off a bridge, does not make it right. Porn is not something that God has provided for us, but rather it is something that Satan uses to steal, kill and destroy lives of so many men and women in our society. To talk with someone who cares and would like to help you, call Focus on the Family 1-800-A-FAMILY. If you have any question in your mind whether you have a sexual problem or not, take this free test to help you figure out if you do or not? If you even question having a possible problem there might be a good chance you do.
Ten Scriptures That Will Help You Flee From Pornography
- Job 31:1 I have made a covenant with my eyes; How then could I gaze at a virgin?
- James 1:14-15 But each one is tempted when he is carried away and enticed by his own lust. Then when lust has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and when sin is accomplished, it brings forth death.
- Matthew 5:28 But I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.
- 1 Corinthians 6:18-20 Flee immorality. Every other sin that a man commits is outside the body, but the immoral man sins against his own body. Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and that you are not your own? For you have been bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body.
- 1 Corinthians 10:13 No temptation has overtaken you but such as is common to man; and God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will provide the way of escape also, so that you will be able to endure it.
More scriptures to help you flee from pornography
- Ephesians 6:11-17 Put on the full armor of God so that you will be able to stand firm against the schemes of the devil. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places. Therefore, take up the full armor of God, so that you will be able to resist in the evil day, and having done everything, to stand firm.
- 1 Corinthians 6:18 Flee immorality. Every other sin that a man commits is outside the body, but the immoral man sins against his own body.
- Psalm 119:9-10 How can a young man keep his way pure? By keeping it according to Your word. With all my heart I have sought You; Do not let me wander from Your commandments.
- Proverbs 6:25 Do not desire her beauty in your heart, Nor let her capture you with her eyelids.
- Ephesians 5:11-12 Do not participate in the unfruitful deeds of darkness, but instead even expose them; for it is disgraceful even to speak of the things which are done by them in secret.
Ray Comfort Speaks About The Pleasure Of Pornography!
The Prison Of Pornography, And What To Do About It?
Are you tempted or even trapped in pornography or are trying to free yourself of it? If so, there is hope for you to do just that. Pornography preys upon human beings natural God-given desire to experience the pleasure of sex out of the boundaries of what God has intended sex for. This has resulted in the so-called “Sexual Freedom” which has gotten very liberated since the dawn of the Internet, and even before the Internet. Online pornography has made it very easy for anyone to view materials that are not meant their eyes. Pornography is not only limited to young men but has gotten popular with young women.
Sexuality in our society has freed people to do what they please instead of what God requires of us to do. A recent study asked a group of kids how often their peers look at porn online. They responded that it was often. The study also asked what parental controls were in place to their devices, and almost all said none — because their parents trusted them. These parents have no idea what their children are seeing.
Why Is Pornography Like A Barbed Fishing Hook?
Why are having controls so critical? First, the average age of a child’s first exposure to pornography is 11. So if that’s the average, some kids see it much earlier. And research is just beginning to give us the full, frightening picture of what porn does to a brain, and to life. Much like substance abuse, it alters the mind, creating a need for a level of stimulation that a healthy, marital sex life doesn’t always provide. It sets our children up to have a distorted view of sex and suffer from a desire that can’t be satisfied.
Why are so many moms and dads turn a blind eye to this problem? Is it because they don’t think it’s a problem? Is it because of their porn use? Maybe they feel hypocritical setting up boundaries for their kids that they can’t respect. If this is you, we want you to know that it’s not too late to protect your children, and there is hope for you too! Also, maybe parents are afraid to set boundaries and rather be their friends instead of their parents?
Related Pages Of Encouragement:
A Special Link for a Little Extra Encouragement
Start Here to break the chains of pornography?
More Resources to fight pornography
More Help available for the battle of pornography here!
Are You Looking At Other With Wrong Eyes?
If you notice an attractive person, that’s okay. If you lust, that is not okay. Lusting equals adultery in God’s eyes. Remember the old saying, “If you look too long, you look wrong.” Matthew 5:27-28
You have heard it said; you shall not commit adultery. But I say to you, that whoever looks on a woman to lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.
What are you trying to do to avoid allowing lustful thoughts? Pornography is more prevalent than you might think it is. “If you are struggling with pornography and need help,” you ask. “What is the first thing I should do?” Dr. Heath Lambert suggests two things you can do today.
There is help available to make the change. If you are a Christian, the same Spirit that helped to raise Jesus from the dead is the same Spirit at work in you. Watch the two video below for more biblically-based encouragement from Heath Lambert, if you’d like to learn more about how the grace of Jesus can help you become free from the addiction to porn.
Prayer Is The Best Thing To Fight Pornography!
1. Pornography: How It Works / How to Reverse Its Effects (Part 1 of 2)
2. Pornography: How It Works / How to Reverse Its Effects (Part 2 of 2)
For More Encouragement Call 1-800-633-3446 or Chat
Please contact us if you have any questions or comments or would just like some encouragement?
Pornography is candy —sweet, pleasurable for a moment, but it can make you sick. It can also spoil your appetite. Who would choose broccoli over chocolate? But which is better for you? Truly nourishing relationships are sabotaged when one partner gets enticed by easy access to porn. ~ Whiteman and Petersen
Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.