Don’t Give Into Temptation!
Please contact us if you have any questions or comments or would just like some encouragement?
Temptation is the devil looking through the keyhole. Yielding is opening the door and inviting him in. ~Billy Sunday
Matthew 26:41 “Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak.”
There Are Good Ways To Overcome Temptation!
Too many Christians commit convenience. They’ll stay faithful as long as it’s safe and doesn’t involve risk, rejection, or criticism. Instead of standing alone in the face of challenge or temptation, they check to see which way their friends are going. ~ Charles Stanley
1 Corinthians 10:13 No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.
Who Do You Listen To When Temptation Knocks?
We all have temptation in our lives in one form or another. Your weakness may not be mine, and my weakness might not be yours.
God gave us The Ten Commandments to guide us away from harm, temptation, sin, and ultimate separation from God Himself.
The Ten Commandments are for our good, they help keep us from harm and gives us a so-called firewall from sin, but like all firewalls, the temptation can still get in and do a great deal of damage!
The best defense against temptation is to walk close to God, resist the devil, to put on the armor of God, prayer, Bible reading, fellowship with other believers, and to avoid those situations that you know are a weakness of yours.
Start to overcome any temptation by not putting yourself in daily contact with people, places, or things that can easily lead you to be tempted. If you have a drinking problem, stay out of bars. If you have an eating problem, do not go to “All you can eat restaurants.” (etc.) Call on the Lord for your strength!
How Much Of A Problem Is Temptation In Your Life?
A Temptation Is Easier To Fight When You Are Prepared!
Even Jesus Experienced Temptation, But Was Without Sin!
Some practical principles can help you grow stronger against the struggle of sin. Follow these suggestions, and you will find that they will be of great help to you!
- Become more aware of your tendency toward sin. Explains that you are tempted when you become enticed by your natural desires. The significant first step is recognizing your natural tendency to be seduced by your human instincts and desires. The temptation will be with you during your entire life, so don’t be foolish by not expecting it. Expect to be tempted! Be ready for it! That’s half of the battle.
- Don’t tempt yourself by being close to anything that tends to trip you up. Avoid situations and places that will tempt you, and if you can’t (like if it’s your place of work), then be sure to be prayed up each time you’re there. I love the promise that God gives in 1 Corinthians 10:13. Your battle isn’t any different than people have experienced through all of the time. God is faithful! No temptation is so strong that you can’t say “no” to it. He gives you the strength to choose a different way of behaving! Select a way of dealing with your temptation before it happens. Look for the way out that God has promised, and then do not delay! Do what it takes to remove yourself from the threat!
- Use God’s word to help you. Hebrews 4:12 says that you can carry a weapon, the living and active Word of God, that will test your thoughts and attitudes. The weapons God gives us to fight temptation have divine power to demolish the strongholds we face. God tells us to take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ! Put these scriptures into practice, and you will experience the power of God’s Word—a sharp weapon!
Christians Are Not Sinless, But They Do Sinless!
The Struggle With Sin Is An Everyday Battle!
- Do your homework. Though it can help read God’s Word when you’re being tempted, it is sometimes not very practical. It is better to read and understand God’s Word daily, so it eventually becomes a part of you. You don’t have to do a certain amount of reading legalistically, but regularly reading what God says about life helps you absorb His way of doing things. Then, when temptation comes, you will be ready.
- Have a heart of praise and thankfulness. Can you think of a time when you have been tempted to sin when your heart and mind were focused on gratefulness to God? It can’t happen! Praising God takes your focus off of yourself and puts it on God, where it belongs. You may not be robust enough to resist being tempted on your own, but as you focus on God, His Holy Spirit will guard your heart and mind and give you strength. God will provide you with the power to resist and walk away.
Experiencing God Is Knowing What He Tries To Teach Us!
Pastor Paul Clemente teaches us to defend ourselves!
When We Fall, We Must Confess And Repent Over And Over!
- Confess your sins to God quickly. God created you and knows you well, and he wants to have a deep relationship with you. Also, He loves you unconditionally, but sin destroys your ability to experience that deep relationship with Him. 1 John 1:9 says that if you confess what you’ve done wrong, God is faithful will forgive your sins! It’s a promise!
- When you fail, repent. It is not the end of the world when you fail, but it is hazardous to persist to live in your sin. James 1:15 explains that sin “when it is full-grown, gives birth to death.” That’s not a good place to be, so repent. Repent means to turn completely around in the other direction. Instead of going the wrong way, turn completely around and go the right way. You’ll experience God’s forgiveness, His goodness, and His faithfulness.
Related Pages Of Encouragement:
- How can I overcome temptation?
- How to be wise?
- Is it a sin to be tempted?
- Sin no more
- What are the keys to resisting temptation?
- Why do people sin?
- What does the Bible say about overcoming lust?
- What is fear?
- Why is sexual temptation a more significant problem for men than for women?
- What are toxic relationships?
A Special Link for a Little Extra Encouragement
What If My Problems Seem Out Of Control?
We Pray You Find Hope And Encouragement From Our Links!
- If you just started believing in God, we have a page specifically for you.
- If you are dealing with anger, stress, or depression, we have information that can help you.
- We have phone helplines, website links, youtube videos.
- You can learn more about us and our goals and our purpose.
- If you have a drug/alcohol problem, or if you want to get right with God, you are at the right place!
- If you need to talk to someone right away, you can call 800-633-3446 or click here.
- Finally, if you have any questions or get on our email list, just let us know.
For Encouragement Call 1-800-633-3446 or Chat