Pray For And Love Your Enemies!
Do You Love Your Enemies, Or Just Put Up With Them?
Love Your Enemies…
It may seem strange to love your enemies, but it is a command from God. There are people in my life that I have found it sometimes difficult to like. Sometimes it is hard to just get along with others who rub us wrong.
What benefit is it to love those who love you? Anyone can do that, but to love your enemies, that is where it takes a special love and strength.
The true test of love is to love those who are difficult to love and those who might consider you their enemy. Although with our strength and might, we will continue to struggle with loving others, especially learning how to love your enemy.
It is not until we realize that we all need God’s love and mercy to empower us to do what we cannot do on our own.
If you are struggling to love others in your life or perhaps they are struggling to love you, then you need to take your concerns to God, and He will help you sort things out for you. It may sound strange, but you need to love God and love your enemies!~ Bill Greguska
Here Are Some Helpful Links:
- Did Jesus mean something specific when He instructed us to turn the other cheek?
- How can I love my neighbor as I love myself?
- What does the Bible say about love?
- Why would Jesus say that we ought to hate our father and mother (Luke 14:26)?
- Why is loving others often so difficult sometimes?
Do You Love Your Enemies?
“Love your Enemies, for they tell you your Faults.” ~ Benjamin Franklin
Matthew 5:43-48 “You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.
Love Wins Over Hate!
Related Pages Of Encouragement:
- A Special Link for a Little Extra Encouragement
Why Is It Sometimes So Difficult To Love Others?
Many people just seem to be just hard to get along with! I am sure you know many people that are like that? Some people’s personalities and attitudes tend to rub us the wrong way? I sincerely encourage you to stop and make a list of individuals you do not like or get along with and begin to start loving them with God’s help.
God teaches us to love our enemy and do go to those who do us wrong. It says in Romans 12:19 Do not take revenge, my dear friends, but leave room for God’s wrath, for it is written: “It is mine to avenge; I will repay,” says the Lord.
Where Does God’s Kind Of Love Lead You?
God’s kind of love, causes the Great Commission to become a personal responsibility and privilege to carry out. When non-Christians observe believers not only saying that they love one another but also proving it by their actions, they will be amazed at “how they love one another” and will be drawn to receive and worship our Savior with us.
Why not make this prayer your own: “Lord, You would never have commanded me to love had You not intended to enable me to do so. Therefore, right now, because of the authority of Your commands for me to love and because of the power of Your promise to answer if I ask anything according to Your will, I claim Your love, the 1 Corinthians 13 kind of love, for You, for all people, and for myself. Amen.
God Has Forgiven You, So You Must Forgive Others!
Understand and Thank God that you are a child of God, and all your past, present, and even future sins are forgiven. Thank God that Satan has no control over you unless God has allowed it. Remember to cast all your problems and worries over on to the Lord as we are told to do in 1 Peter 5:7.
Do you possibly have a boss, a co-worker, your spouse, your children or your father or mother is on the list of those that you need extra effort to love? Start off by praying for each person. Ask the Holy Spirit to fill you with the love of Jesus for each one of them. Then, when you do get an opportunity to meet with them, ask God to fill you will his love so you can be a blessing on to them. Watch God use your smile, your words, your patience to express His love for each person.
As believers, we have been instructed to love our enemies. That could be interpreted to mean everyone who angers you, ignores you, bores you or frustrates you. God wants you not only to love those who are good to you but all people in your life period. As far as it depends on you. Remember, you can not make others be at peace with you if they choose not to.
What If My Problems Seem Out Of Control?
Find Hope And Encouragement From Our Links!
- If you just started believing in God, we have a page specifically for you.
- If you are dealing with anger, stress, or depression, we have information that can be of help to you.
- We have phone helplines, website links, youtube videos.
- You can learn more about us and our goals and our purpose.
- If you have a drug/alcohol problem, or if you just want to get right with God you are at the right place!
- If you need to talk to someone right away, you can call 800-633-3446 or click here.
- Finally, if you have any questions, or would like to get on our email list, just let us know.
For Encouragement Call 1-800-633-3446 or Chat
- Please contact us if you have any questions or comments or would just like some encouragement?Love is the only force capable of transforming an enemy into a friend. ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Matthew 5:43-44 “You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you.