Pray For And Love Your Enemies!
- Please contact us if you have any questions or comments, or would just like some encouragement?
- Love is the only force capable of transforming an enemy into a friend. ~ Martin Luther King Jr.
- Matthew 5:43-44 “You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you.
Love Your Enemies Because God Loves Them!
Specific Relationship Resource Links:
Can You Think Of A Time That You Have Not Loved Your Enemies?
Loving your enemies can be described in many ways. It can be forgiveness, not allowing the skin color of another person to make a difference, or not letting slander come out of your mouth towards them, or allowing hatred to reside in your heart.
To love your enemies is often uncommon because today, in this world. There are so many people who think in terms of hating one another. You can not control other people, but you can control how you feel and act when it comes to loving your enemies. Jesus spoke about loving one another and forgiving one another.
Realize that God commands us to love our enemies, yet it is sometimes difficult to do so, we all need to forgive others and love others, yet forgiveness and trust are not the same things. ~ Bill Greguska
Love Your Enemies! Love Wins Over Hate!
It may seem strange to love your enemies, but it is a command from God. There are people in my life that I have found it sometimes difficult to like. Sometimes it is hard to get along with others who rub us wrong.
What benefit is it to love those who love you? Anyone can do that, but to love your enemies, that is where it takes special love and strength.
The real test of love is to love those who are challenging to love and those who might consider you their enemy. Although with our strength and might, we will continue to struggle with loving others, especially learning how to love your enemy.
It is not until we realize that we all need God’s love and mercy to empower us to do what we cannot do on our own.
If you are struggling to love others in your life or perhaps they are struggling to love you, then you need to take your concerns to God, and He will help you sort things out for you. You need to love God and love your enemies!~ Bill Greguska
Here Are Some Helpful Links:
- Did Jesus mean something specific when He instructed us to turn the other cheek?
- How can I love my neighbor as I love myself?
- What does the Bible say about love?
- Why would Jesus say that we ought to hate our father and mother (Luke 14:26)?
- Why is loving others often so tricky sometimes?