Pray To God / Read His Word Often!
Pray to God, ask him, thank Him, obey Him! Martin Luther was known to have said, “The fewer the words, the better the prayer“ that is a great rule of thumb.
Keep in mind that when you pray to God do so as though He was sitting right next to you and you had a conversation with Him.
When we pray to God, it opens our eyes to the things we can not see on our own. Has prayer been a part of your life the last six months?
If not, today can be the day to start a prayer time each morning to start the day off right. ~ Bill Greguska
Here are some helpful links:
- How can I have my prayers answered by God?
- Is there a special key to effective prayer?
- What is prayer?
- What is the proper way to pray?
- Why pray in the first place?
Pray To God / Hear From God… Are Not The Same!
When You Pray To God You Are Pleasing God!
It is impossible to have a relationship with God unless you spend time with Him, one of the best ways to do that is with prayer. There is no one right way to pray to God. Although below are some very practical ideas.
- Sometimes people fall into a habit of praying just when we want or need something from God. The shortest prayer that I know of is “Help me, God!” But the Bible says we should “pray without ceasing.” Keep God in your thoughts and prayers, and make requests on behalf of ourselves and others.
- Find a place to pray that you will not be disturbed. Jesus said, “But when you pray, go into your room and shut the door and pray to your Father, who is in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you.”
- Keep it straightforward and real, don’t focus on eloquent words or long prayers. Jesus also said, “And when you pray, do not heap up empty phrases,” thinking God will hear you better if you talk more, “for your Father knows what you need before you ask him” Matthew 6:7-8.
- Say the Lord’s Prayer but say it slowly. The words referred to as the Lord’s Prayer are found in Matthew chapter 6. If you can recite it by heart without even thinking about it, take the time to look at the words with a fresh perspective to see how Jesus is telling you to pray.
Use The Letters A-C-T-S to Remember How to Pray
- A stands for adoration. Tell God you adore and praise Him, spend time worshiping Him.
- C stands for confession. Confess your sins to God and ask Him to forgive you.
- T stands for Thanksgiving. Thank God for His Son, Jesus, and the blessings in your life.
- S stands for supplication. Ask God to supply your needs and the needs of others.
Related Pages Of Encouragement:
A Special Link for a Little Extra Encouragement
Can All People Hear From God When They Pray?
I can remember when I was young; I wondered whether God was listening to me or not. Because it seemed that when I prayed it sometimes appeared that there was no response that I could detect. God didn’t talk back to me, at least not audibly.
I kept hearing TV and radio preachers say, “God spoke to me,” or, “God told me.” I wondered what was wrong with me, was I praying wrong or something? Why didn’t God talk to me like he talked to others?
Why Pray To God?
Pray, and let God worry. ~ Martin Luther
Matthew 26:41 “Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak.”
“This, then, is how you should pray: “‘Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name, your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us today our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one.’ For if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins. Matthew 6:9-15
Broken Down Into With More Detail
- The Lord is my shepherd – That’s a Relationship!
- I lack nothing – That’s Supply!
- He makes me lie down in green pastures – That’s Rest!
- He leads me beside quiet waters – That’s Refreshment!
- God refreshes my soul – That’s Healing!
- He guides me along the right paths for his name’s sake – That’s Guidance!
- Even though I walk through the darkest valley – That’s Comfort!
- I will fear no evil, for you are with me – That’s Protection!
- Your rod and your staff, they comfort me. That’s Love!
- You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies – That’s Hope!
- You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows – That’s Abundance!
- Surely your goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life – That’s Promise!
- And I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever – That’s Eternity!
For Encouragement Call 1-800-633-3446 or Chat
Please contact us if you have any questions or comments or would just like some encouragement?
Grant that I may not pray alone with the mouth; help me that I may pray from the depths of my heart. ~ Martin Luther
2 Chronicles 6:40 “Now, my God, may your eyes be open and your ears attentive to the prayers offered in this place.