Can Negative Triggers Can Be Prevented?
Please contact us if you have any questions or comments or would like some encouragement?
James 1:19 My dear brothers and sisters, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to become angry.
Do Not Quit
Jesus Does Miracles
Visit All Our Pages
How To Pray?
Video On How To Pray More Effectively?
How To Find A Good Church?
Free Christian Counseling
Negative Triggers And Foolish Arguments!
Being Aware Of Possible Triggers Can Help You To Avoid Problems:
- Anniversary of losses or trauma
- Bad Health
- Being around someone who has treated you badly
- Being judged
- Break up of love
- Certain smells, tastes, or sounds
- Conversations bringing up the past
- Cut down
- Ending of a friendship/relationship
- Family conflicts
- Family issues
- Feeling overwhelmed
- Friendship drama
- Getting a big bill
- Large personal loss
- Loud noises
- Mean people
- Money problems
- Physical illness
- Rough living situation
- Sexually harassed
- Someone yelled at you
- Spending too much time alone
- Spiritual battles
- Things that make you feel uncomfortable
- War memories
- Work stress
How To Deal With Negative Triggers?
How To Be More Aware Of Negative Triggers?
A simple way to be aware of these negative triggers is to write down on paper the things you ought to be on guard about. Not everything listed is a negative trigger, and there are probably some not on the list that would apply to you (then add them). After making your list, plan how you will deal with or avoid those negative triggers.
- Deuteronomy 31:6 “Be not dismayed, for I am with you. I will not fail you or forsake you wherever you go. Be strong and of good courage.”
- Ephesians 2:19-22 “Whenever you feel unloved, unimportant, or insecure, remember to whom you belong.”
- Isaiah 41:10 “Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, and I will help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand.”
- John 16:33 “In this world, you will have trouble. But take heart, I have overcome the world.”
- Joshua 1:9 “Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord, your God will be with you wherever you go.”
- Psalm 34:4 “I sought the Lord, and He heard me and delivered me from all of my fears.”
- Psalm 112:7 “She does not fear the bad news. She confidently trusts the Lord to take care of her.”
Put On The Armor of God From Ephesians 6:13-18
Therefore put on the full armor of God so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and pray for all the Lord’s people.
People need to avoid negative triggers because those are the weak links in your defensive armor. Each of us has things that can take us down. We all have things that we have battled in our past, but being proactive puts you on top of things instead of panicking to try to hold items together.
Some Specific Scriptures To Encourage You:
Philippians 4:8 ESV
Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 ESV
Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.
Galatians 5:22-23 ESV
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.
Galatians 5:20 ESV
Idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries, dissensions, divisions,
Galatians 5:19-21 ESV
Now the works of the flesh are evident: sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries, dissensions, divisions, envy, drunkenness, orgies, and things like these. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.
1 John 4:4 ESV
Little children, you are from God and have overcome them, for he who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.
1 John 4:1 ESV
Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world.
1 Peter 5:6-7 ESV
Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you, casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you.
James 1:5 ESV
If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him.
Hebrews 4:12 ESV
For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart.
2 Timothy 3:1-5 ESV
But understand this, that in the last days there will come times of difficulty. For people will be lovers of self, lovers of money, proud, arrogant, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, heartless, unappeasable, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not loving good, treacherous, reckless, swollen with conceit, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having the appearance of godliness, but denying its power. Avoid such people.
1 Timothy 6:6-8 ESV
But godliness with contentment is great gain, for we brought nothing into the world, and we cannot take anything out of the world. But if we have food and clothing, with these we will be content.
Philippians 4:6 ESV
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.
Philippians 4:4 ESV
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice.
Find Hope And Encouragement From Our Links!
- If you just started believing in God, we have a page specifically for you.
- If you are dealing with anger, stress, or depression, we have information to help you.
- We have phone helplines, website links, and YouTube videos.
- You can learn more about us and our goals, and our purpose.
- If you have a drug/alcohol problem or want to get right with God, you are at the right place!
- If you need to talk to someone right away, you can call 800-633-3446 or click here.
- Finally, if you have any questions or want to get on our email list, just let us know.
Leave A Comment