Negative Triggers Can Be Prevented!
Put On The Armor of God From Ephesians 6:13-18
The reason to deal with, or to avoid negative triggers is that those are the so-called weak link in your defensive armor. Each of us has things that can take us down. We all have things that we have battled with from our past, but being proactive puts you on the top of things instead of panicking to try to hold things together.
Being Aware Of Possible Triggers Can Help You To Avoid Other Problems:
- Anniversary of losses or trauma
- Bad Health
- Being around someone who has treated you badly
- Being judged
- Break up of love
- Certain smells, tastes, or sounds
- Conversations bringing up the past
- Cut down
- Ending of a friendship/relationship
- Family conflicts
- Family issues
- Feeling overwhelmed
- Friendship drama
- Getting a big bill
- Large personal loss
- Loud noises
- Mean people
- Money problems
- Physical illness
- Rough living situation
- Sexually harassed
- Someone yelled at you
- Spending too much time alone
- Spiritual battles
- Things that make you feel uncomfortable
- War memories
- Work stress
What Are Negative Triggers?
How To Be More Aware Of Negative Triggers?
A simple way to be aware of these negative triggers is to write down on paper the things you ought to be on guard about. Not everything listed is a negative trigger, and there are probably some not on the list that would apply to you (then add them). After making your list, then make a plan for how you are going to deal with or avoid those negative triggers.
- Deuteronomy 31:6 “Be not dismayed, for I am with you. I will not fail you or forsake you, wherever you go. Be strong and of good courage.”
- Ephesians 2:19-22 “Whenever you feel unloved, unimportant, or insecure, remember to whom you belong.”
- Isaiah 41:10 “Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, and I will help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand.”
- John 16:33 “In this world, you will have trouble. But take heart, I have overcome the world.”
- Joshua 1:9 “Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord, your God will be with you wherever you go.”
- Psalm 34:4 “I sought the Lord, and He heard me and delivered me from all of my fears.”
- Psalm 112:7 “She does not fear the bad news. She confidently trusts the Lord to take care of her.”
How To Deal With Negative Triggers?
The Full Armor of God
Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people.