Testimonies Encourage Other People In Their Faith!
Please contact us if you have any questions or comments or would just like some encouragement?
People can argue about the Bible, and some do just that. Although when we share our story (testimony), there can be no argument about that. For example, the Lord has delivered me from bondage to a drug and alcohol problem I wrestled with for many years. But when I realized I needed help and turned to God, He answered my prayer, and I have been clean and sober since June 25, 1986. That is my brief testimony, and nobody can argue with me about it because it happened in my life. ~ Bill Greguska
John 13:34-35 “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this, everyone will know that you are my disciples if you love one another.”
Watch Some Personal Testimonies From YouTube!
How Should We Share Our Testimonies With Others?
- Basketball Testimony 1
- Basketball Testimony 2
- Ben Hersh
- Bill Greguska
- Brian Larson
- John Wegner
- Lisa Stackpole
- Mom’s Legacy
- Lora Kesselhon
- Mike Hayden
- Pastor Billy Graham
- Pastor Francis Chan
- Pastor Jeff Schreve
- Pastor Mark Mallwitz
- Pastor Ron And Sue Sauer
- Pastor Ron West
- Ray Jablonski
- Terri Mitchell
- Testimony of Bill Greguska
My Personal Testimony Of My Faith In Jesus Christ
I first heard of Jesus Christ when I was a young boy of about seven years old. My parents took me to church every weekend and even put me in a church school to instruct me, where some of my faith fundamentals developed. My faith in God was very frustrating because I learned what was right and acceptable, but it was still sometimes hard for me to live it out. Then while growing up, the Lord allowed multiple difficulties, such as a drug and alcohol problem, homelessness, and problems with the law, to ultimately understand how deep of a need I had for God through these challenging times I got myself in.
Alcohol And Drugs Were My Thorns In My Side!
There then was a period in my life when I got serious about my faith because God orchestrated that I would end up in long-term drug and alcohol rehabilitation for two years, in which I got the help I truly needed. I attended AA and NA for about ten years, yet even though it helped me, I found Elmbrook church, which caught my eye through their open basketball program. Back then, Basketball was fundamental to me and was the carrot that got me into the church again back in 1989, shortly after I got out of long-term treatment.
God Freed Me From My Bondage On June 25th, 1986
The church took me in and helped me grow as a Christian under Stuart Briscoe and the rest of the staff. I even got a job at Elmbrook as a custodian for four years. The seeds of faith were planted, and my roots were more noticeable by the things I learned in God’s word over the years. The experiences that God allowed in my life, both good and bad, gave me the awareness of my urgent need for God in my life! The rest of my story is a series of ups and downs, but God was in my life this time, directing me, teaching me how to love Him, love others, and enjoy myself. My born-again faith started back on June 25, 1986, when I finally gave up drugs and alcohol, which gave me a new opportunity to live my life for Jesus Christ.
God Put Strong Christians In My Life!
My life has not magically become perfect or even easy because I have become a Christian. And yes, I still sin, but since I accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior, I know my sins are now and always forgiven. My love for God for what he has done for me inspires me not to want to sin, but my sinful nature makes that impossible for me to do, yet as I walk with the Lord, I know he is with me and guides me on the high road and through the narrow gate. God has blessed me with some key people to help me, such as Ron and Sue Sauer, Mark Mallwitz, and others. Since I am so grateful, I find it hard to understand how much God loves me. I know who created me, why I am here on earth, and I have a purpose for my life: to love and honor God and love others because God has loved me first. I have the assurance that He will never leave me or forget about me because He loves me, and I love Him and want to serve Him out of gratitude for what He has done for me. ~ Bill Greguska
A Young Boy And His Joy For Jesus Christ!
How To Write Your Testimony And Plan To Share It.
- Write down the details of how you came to trust in Christ to save you.
- Who told you about Jesus Christ?
- What events led up to your trusting or believing in Christ?
- When did you first trust and believe in Christ?
- Where were you when you first believed?
- How has faith in Christ been a blessing to you?
- Next, write this out to flow well as a story. Try to be as concise as possible. As a goal, try to make the length of your testimony so that it can be shared in two or three minutes or less. Ensure that you have included the appropriate Scriptures in your testimony.
- When you share your story, other people can be inspired because of it. You can also be inspired by their stories too!
How To Share Your Story With Others?
One of the best ways to encourage another person is to share briefly with them what God has done for you in your life that they could relate to you, which would be a source of encouragement. I would warn you not to use the Bible as a hammer to beat over their head to shame them, but rather show them how to live a better life and express what God has done for you, which hopefully point them to want to know God more intimately.
When I talk to someone about my faith in God or life, I usually give the person one of my NeedEncouragement.com business cards. I do not know how many people my cards affect positively, but I am sure God uses them to point people to Himself!
When Should You Share Your Testimonies!
You will see that when you share your story or try to encourage another person, you will find that you will be helped yourself. You will begin to enjoy assisting others for these reasons that I have found to be true.
- When I help others, I feel that I have helped a fellow human being with a bit of effort of my own, allowing God to work through me.
- As I encourage others, I feel I get a sense of encouragement myself. I have often been down, but when I try to help others, it seems to lift me right back up.
Testimonies To Inspire You!
- How Can I Share My Christian Testimony?
- Stories Of Lives That Have Been Changed!
- Joni Eareckson Tada Shares Her Story
- From Atheist To Christian
Related Pages Of Encouragement:
A Special Link for a Little Extra Encouragement
Find Hope And Encouragement From Our Links!
- If you just started believing in God, we have a page specifically for you.
- If you are dealing with anger, stress, or depression, we have information to help you.
- We have phone helplines, website links, and YouTube videos.
- You can learn more about us, our goals, and our purpose.
- If you have a drug/alcohol problem or want to get right with God, you are at the right place!
- If you need to talk to someone right away, you can call 800-633-3446 or click here.
- Finally, if you have any questions or want to get on our email list, just let us know.
For Encouragement, Call 1-800-633-3446 or Chat