How Would You Define Your Faith?
Define Your Faith?
- Do You Find Yourself Practicing “Religion?”
- Or Do You Have A Personal “Relationship” With God?”
In my life, I have discovered that there are two opposing viewpoints on this topic. Some people like to feel “religious,” and others cherish their “personal relationship” with Jesus Christ.
How about you? Have you grown up practicing “Religion?” Or do you have “A Relationship” with God? Here is the difference.
- Unfortunately, for many, religion follows a set of man-made rules. It is an organized system of beliefs, ceremonies, and rules used to worship their created “God.”
- Then, on the other hand, having a relationship with Jesus Christ is a daily personal way of life. The connection is between our creator God and ourselves, based on the truth of God from the Bible, not on a denomination’s interpretation. Having a relationship with Jesus offers us love, comfort, direction, hope, and the forgiveness that we all need. Learn more by watching this short video (Why I hate religion?).
There Are Many Ways You Can Define Your Faith!
But God Knows Our Hearts.
After reflecting on what I have learned from the Bible, and that God has used some of what was evil in my past, to turn it around and make good out of it in my life! It is a combination of God’s Word and with what God has done in our lives through His love and grace and power, all of which I found in the Bible.
If how you define your faith comes from both of your parents were Christian, or that you go to church weekly, or give money to the church or the poor, I urge you to look into your faith a little more closely, you might be deceiving yourself. Because it is by God’s grace that we are saved, all we need to do is to accept that free gift of grace that He makes available to all of us. ~ Bill Greguska
Define Your Faith In God Comes Through The Holy Spirit!
Questions To Help Examine And Test Your Faith In God!
- Do you enjoy having fellowship with Christ and His redeemed people? 1 John 1:3
- Would people say you walk in the light, or walk in the darkness? 1 John 1:6-7
- Do you admit and confess your sin? 1 John 1:8
- Are you obedient to God’s Word? 1 John 2:3-5
- Does the way you are living your life, show that you love God rather than the world? 1 John 2:15
- Is your life characterized by “doing what is right”? 1 John 2:29
More Questions For You To Consider
- Do you seek to maintain a pure life? 1 John 3:3
- Do you see a decreasing pattern of sin in your life? 1 John 3:5-6 Note: this refers to not continuing in sin as a way of life, not a total absence of sin.
- Do you demonstrate love for other Christians? 1 John 3:14
- Do you “walk the walk” versus just “talking the talk”? 1 John 3:18-19
- Do you maintain a clear conscience? 1 John 3:21
- Do you experience victory in your Christian walk? 1 John 5:4
If you can truthfully answer “Yes” to a majority of the above questions. Jesus said that it is by our fruits that we are known as His disciples.
Share Your Testimony Of Faith!
Are All These Things Required To Get Into Heaven?
- Live a good life?
- Go to church regularly?
- Become a member of a church?
- Give money to a church?
- Obey the ten commandments?
- Get Baptized?
- Be confirmed by your church?
- Read the Bible daily?
- Pray daily?
- Trust in God and confess and turn from your sins?
(Answers To The Above Ten Questions):
The answer is #10. If you checked any more of the items, you failed the test. Don’t feel bad. Religion is nothing more than our feeble attempts to please God by doing good works. (Good actions are not wrong to do, but are not the way to heaven)
It says in Romans 10:9-10 If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.
What If My Problems Seem Out Of Control?
Find Hope And Encouragement From Our Links!
- If you just started believing in God, we have a page specifically for you.
- If you are dealing with anger, stress, or depression, we have information that can be of help to you.
- We have phone helplines, website links, youtube videos.
- You can learn more about us and our goals and our purpose.
- If you have a drug/alcohol problem, or if you want to get right with God, you are at the right place!
- If you need to talk to someone right away, you can call 800-633-3446 or click here.
- Finally, if you have any questions or would like to get on our email list, just let us know.
For Encouragement Call 1-800-633-3446 or Chat