Are You Experiencing Signs Of Depression?
Please contact us if you have questions or comments or want encouragement.
If you think you are experiencing depression, which has been lingering for a week or more, and if you are sincerely concerned about it, I would encourage you to see a doctor or at least a pastor. I mention talking to a pastor because often, signs of depression come about with unconfessed or habitual sin.
Getting to the root of the problem is always better than trying to mask it with medication, yet medication has its place in dealing with depression. I say this because I have been depressed at two different times. Signs of depression can be subtle at times, but if you are concerned, by all means, talk with someone you can trust or even contact a medical clinic. It is hard to explain the feelings, except when I was depressed, I had no interest in anything I usually liked. I barely made it through daily without crying or feeling down and not right, hoping the dark cloud over me would pass. The best advice would be to pray and then seek help. You do not have to do it all alone. ~ Bill Greguska
Depression Or Sadness?
Learning About Emotional Illness
Do Not Worry
Healing From Divorce
Visit All Our Pages
How To Pray?
Video On How To Pray More Effectively?
How To Find A Good Church?
Free Christian Counseling
Are You Experiencing Signs Of Depression?
Signs And Symptoms Of Clinical Depression May Include:
- Feelings of sadness, tearfulness, emptiness, or hopelessness
- Angry outbursts, irritability, or frustration, even over small matters
- Loss of interest or pleasure in most or all normal activities, such as sex, hobbies, or sports
- Sleep disturbances, including insomnia or sleeping too much
- Tiredness and lack of energy, so even small tasks take extra effort
- Reduced appetite and weight loss or increased cravings for food and weight gain
- Anxiety, agitation, or restlessness
- Slowed thinking, speaking, or body movements
- Feelings of worthlessness or guilt, fixating on past failures or self-blame
- Trouble thinking, concentrating, making decisions, and remembering things
- Frequent or recurrent thoughts of death, suicidal thoughts, suicide attempts, or suicide
- Unexplained physical problems, such as back pain or headaches
Daniel K. Hall-Flavin, M.D.
There Is Help For Depression!
Check List To Consider Concerning Depression:
Here are some basic ideas to consider as to why you might not be feeling well:
- Are you getting enough exercise?
- Are you eating healthy and avoiding junk?
- Are you drinking enough water?
- Are you getting 7-8 hours of sleep each night?
- Is there any unconfessed sin in your life?
- Is there anyone you need to ask forgiveness for?
- Is there anyone you need to forgive?
- Have you been feeling sorry for yourself?
- Have you been laughing very much lately?
- Have you been socially connected?
In Our Broken World, Do You Have Signs Of Depression?
There Will Be Storms In All Of Our Lives
Utilize Medical Help When Needed, and Keep Looking Up!
- Psalm 145:14
- Proverbs 12:25
- Isaiah 40:31
- Isaiah 53:4
- Mark 9:23
- Philippians 4:6-7
- James 4:8
- James 4:10
- 2 Peter 2:9
- 1 Peter 5:7
What Is Depression?
Living With Depression Can Be Difficult At Times!
What Are The Signs Of Depression?
- Losing interest in activities you usually enjoy
- Feeling hopeless or empty
- Forgetting things or having trouble making decisions
- Sleeping too much or too little
- Gaining or losing weight without intending to
- Thinking about suicide or death
- If someone you care about is down and can not get back up.
- If you think a friend or family member may be depressed, check out these tips on talking to a loved one about depression.
Get Help Right Away If You Have Been Thinking About Suicide.
- To get help for yourself or someone else, visit the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline or call 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255).
- If someone is in immediate danger, call 911.
Ideas To Help Fight Signs Of Depression!
- Avoid being alone; be with people who love and care about you.
- Sing or listen to uplifting, Godly music.
- Read the Bible daily (especially the Psalms) and draw strength from it to renew your faith in God.
- Get enough rest! Don’t try to handle your depression when you’re sleep-deprived.
- Exercise and examine your diet for needed changes.
- Eat more fruits and vegetables and fewer refined sugars.
More Ideas To Fight Depression And Signs Of Depression!
- Seek help from others if you feel overwhelmed with your discouragement.
- Praise God and give thanks, even if you don’t feel like it. Try to speak words of encouragement instead of falling into the rut of complaining. Focus on your blessings: You have many of them, even if you can’t always see them.
- Work on the solutions for your problems. Don’t focus on the symptoms.
- Is there a spiritual problem you need to deal with? Is there a relationship you need to reconcile? Become active in a recreation you enjoy.
Some Specific Scriptures To Encourage You:
Philippians 4:13 ESV
I can do all things through him who strengthens me.
1 Peter 5:7 ESV
Casting all your anxieties on him because he cares for you.
1 Corinthians 6:19-20 ESV
Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body.
Isaiah 41:10 ESV
Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
1 Corinthians 6:19 ESV
Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own,
John 10:10 ESV
The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly.
Matthew 11:28-30 ESV
Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”
Jeremiah 29:11 ESV
For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.
Psalm 42:11 ESV
Why are you cast down, O my soul, and why are you in turmoil within me? Hope in God; for I shall again praise him, my salvation and my God.
Psalm 42:5 ESV
Why are you cast down, O my soul, and why are you in turmoil within me? Hope in God; for I shall again praise him, my salvation.
Deuteronomy 31:8 ESV
It is the Lord who goes before you. He will be with you; he will not leave you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed.”
1 John 1:9 ESV
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
1 Peter 5:6-7 ESV
Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time, he may exalt you, casting all your anxieties on him because he cares for you.
Find Hope And Encouragement From Our Links!
- If you just started believing in God, we have a page specifically for you.
- If you are dealing with anger, stress, or depression, we have information to help you.
- We have phone helplines, website links, and YouTube videos.
- You can learn more about us, our goals, and our purpose.
- If you have a drug/alcohol problem or want to get right with God, you are at the right place!
- If you need to talk to someone right away, you can call 800-633-3446 or click here.
- Finally, if you have any questions or want to get on our email list, just let us know.
For Encouragement, Call 800-633-3446 or Chat