Billy Graham Preaching Almost 7 Decades!
Please contact us if you have any questions or comments?
Being a Christian is more than just an instantaneous conversion – it is a daily process whereby you grow to be more and more like Christ. ~ Billy Graham
Learn About Specific Scriptures Of Encouragement!
Billy Graham And His Impact On The World!
View Many Pages Of Billy Graham Quotes Here
Billy Graham And His Impact On Us!
Pastor Billy Graham!
Why has Billy Graham been pointing people to Jesus Christ for almost seven decades? I am amazed at how he has been given the gift of evangelism and preaching.
We have been blessed to have had Billy Graham sharing the gospel with the entire world for all of these years!
There are many great preachers and teachers of God’s word, but I would have to say that, in my own humble opinion that Billy Graham was one of the greatest.
He has been a blessing to have reached the most people in almost seven decades of his ministry. I thank God for how He used Billy Graham all of those years! ~ Bill Greguska
Shortly Before Billy Graham’s 16th Birthday
Billy Graham attended a tent revival service in Charlotte, N.C., Where he heard the evangelist Mordecai Ham speak. The following is his account of what happened: I became deeply convicted of my sinfulness and rebellion — and confused.
How could this evangelist be talking to me, of all people? I had been baptized as a baby, had learned the Shorter Catechism word perfect, and had been confirmed in the Associate Reformed Presbyterian Church with the full approval of the pastor and elders. I had gotten into mischief once in a while, but I could hardly be called wicked.
Having resisted temptations to break the moral code my parents had so strictly instilled in me. Being a good milker in the dairy barn and never complained about any of the dirty work, such as shoveling manure. I was even the vice president of my youth group in our church (although granted, it wasn’t a particularly vital organization).
I asked why the evangelist would always be pointing his bony finger at me. What was slowly dawning on me during those weeks was the sad realization that I did not know Jesus Christ for myself. Romans 10:9-10, I could not depend on my parents’ faith.
Christian influence in the home could have a lasting impact on a child’s life, but faith could not be passed on as an inheritance, like the family silver. It had to be exercised by each person individually.
Jesus Is Going To Come Back Soon!
Billy Graham Could Not Depend On His Resolution To Do Better.
I consistently failed in my efforts at self-improvement. Nobody needed to tell me that. As a teenager, what I needed to know was that I was right with God. I could not help but admit to myself that I was purposeless and empty-hearted.
Our family Bible reading, praying, psalm-singing, and churchgoing—all these had left me restless and resentful. I had even tried, guiltily, to think up ways of getting out of all those activities as much as I could. In a word, I was spiritually dead.
No Bells Went Off Inside Me.
There were no signs flashing across the tabernacle ceiling for Billy Graham. No physical palpitations made me tremble. I wondered again if I was a hypocrite, not to be weeping or something. I simply felt at peace. Quiet, not delirious. Happy and peaceful.
Parts of this story are excerpted from Billy Graham’s autobiography (Just As I Am).
Here are some helpful links:
- Got questions?
- How can I show appreciation to my pastor?
- Is a gospel crusade a biblical method of evangelism?
- Is it possible for a believer to un-believe?
- What does the Bible say about altar calls?
Billy Graham Encourages Us That Life And Time Are Short!
Scriptures Are The Best Encouragement You Can Find To Live By!
- 1 Thessalonians 5:18 Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.
- Joshua 1:9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged; for the Lord, your God will be with you wherever you go.”
- Matthew 6:15 But if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.
- Matthew 6:33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.
- Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.
- Psalm 46:1 God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.
- Romans 12:18 If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone.
- Matthew 28:19-20 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”
Read More Encouraging Scriptures Here!
Make sure of your commitment to Jesus Christ, and seek to follow Him every day. Don’t be swayed by the false values and goals of this world, but put Christ and His will first in everything you do. ~ Billy Graham
Do You Believe? If Not, Stop And Think About It For A Few Minutes…
Encouragement From Billy Graham Resources
- Billy Graham Encourages You To Choose – What Choice Will You Make?
- And A Minute Of Encouragement – One Minute Talks
- The Word Love Has Been Misused – Talks About Love!
- Billy Graham Knows That Encouragement Will Come When You Choose God!
- When I Need Encouragement, What Can I Do?
I am thankful to have been able to put this website together since 2007. Accumulating three decades of what I have learned and experienced while being a Christian has been a pleasure for me to be able to share. I would like to also give acknowledgment to those whose resources have been able to share insights with others through NeedEncouragement.com.
Get The Encouragement You Need From God’s Truth. And Also, God’s Love!
Related Pages Of Encouragement:
A Special Link for a Little Extra Encouragement
For More Encouraging Testimonies
- Pastor Billy Graham
- Pastor Francis Chan
- Pastor Jeff Schreve
- Pastor Ron And Sue Sauer
- Pastor Ron West
- Ben Hersh
- Bill Greguska
- Brian Larson
- John Wegner
- Lisa Stackpole
- Lora Kesselhon
- Mike Hayden
- Mom’s Legacy
- Ray Jablonski
- Terri Mitchell
Do you know how to share your faith?
If you would like to share your faith in a testimony, please contact us.
Find Hope And Encouragement From Our Links!
- If you just started believing in God, we have a page specifically for you.
- If you are dealing with anger, stress, or depression, we have information that can be of help to you.
- We have phone helplines, website links, youtube videos.
- You can learn more about us and our goals and our purpose.
- If you have a drug/alcohol problem or if you want to get right with God, you are at the right place!
- If you need to talk to someone right away, you can call 800-633-3446 or click here.
For Encouragement Call 1-800-633-3446 or Chat