Billy Graham Preaching Almost 7 Decades!
Please contact us if you have any questions or comments.
Pastor Billy Graham is one of my favorite pastors/preachers of mine. He has led hundreds of thousands of people to Jesus Christ for almost seven decades; he passed away on 2-21-18 and now is with the Lord in heaven after leading countless people to Jesus Christ. I appreciate what Billy Graham once said, which is very true: “Being a Christian is more than just an instantaneous conversion – it is a daily process whereby you grow to be more and more like Christ.” Isn’t amazing that Billy Graham has been pointing people to Jesus Christ for almost seven decades? I am amazed at how he has been given the gift of evangelism and preaching.
We have all been blessed to have had Billy Graham sharing the gospel with the entire world for all these years! There are many great preachers and teachers of God’s word, but I would have to say that, in my own humble opinion that Billy Graham was one of the greatest. I thank God for how He used Billy Graham all of those past years! ~ Bill Greguska
Billy Graham’s Quotes
Pastor Billy Graham’s Website
Pastor Billy Graham
Pastor Francis Chan
Pastor Jeff Schreve
Pastor Ron And Sue Sauer
Pastor Ron West
I Need Some Biblical Encouragement
Visit All Our Pages
How To Pray?
Video On How To Pray More Effectively?
How To Find A Good Church?
Free Christian Counseling
Billy Graham And His Impact On The World!
Shortly Before Billy Graham’s 16th Birthday
Billy Graham attended a tent revival service in Charlotte, N.C., Where he heard the evangelist Mordecai Ham speak. The following is his account of what happened: I became deeply convicted of my sinfulness and rebellion — and confused.
How could this evangelist be talking to me, of all people? I had been baptized as a baby, learned the Shorter Catechism word perfect, and was confirmed in the Associate Reformed Presbyterian Church with the pastor’s and elders’ full approval Associate Reformed Presbyterian Church with the full approval of the pastor and elders. I had gotten into mischief once in a while but could hardly be called wicked.
Being a good milker in the dairy barn and never complained about any OTHER work, such as shoveling manure. I was even the vice president of my youth group in our church (although I ranted, it wasn’t a particularly vital organization).
I asked why the evangelist would always be pointing his bony finger at me. What was slowly dawning on me during those weeks was the sad realization that I did not know Jesus Christ for myself. Romans 10:9-10, I could not depend on my parent’s faith.
Christian influence in the home could have a lasting impact on a child’s life, but faith could not be passed on as an inheritance, like the family silver. It had to be exercised by each person individually.
Billy Graham Could Not Depend On His Resolution To Do Better.
I consistently failed in my efforts at self-improvement. Nobody needed to tell me that. As a teenager, I needed to know I was right with God. I could not help but admit that I was purposeless and empty-hearted. Our family Bible reading, praying, psalm-singing, and churchgoing had left me restless and resentful. I had even tried guiltily to think up ways of getting out of all those activities as much as possible. In a word, I was spiritually dead.
No Bells Went Off Inside Me.
No signs were flashing across the tabernacle ceiling for Billy Graham. No physical palpitations made me tremble. I wondered again if I was a hypocrite, not to be weeping or something. I felt at peace. Quiet, not delirious. Happy and peaceful. Parts of this story are excerpted from Billy Graham’s autobiography (Just As I Am).
Here Are Some Helpful Links:
- Got questions?
- How can I show appreciation to my pastor?
- Is a gospel crusade a biblical method of evangelism?
- Is it possible for a believer to un-believe?
- What does the Bible say about altar calls?
Billy Graham Encourages Us That Life And Time Are Short!
Scriptures Are The Best Encouragement You Can Find To Live By!
- 1 Thessalonians 5:18 Give thanks in all circumstances; this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.
- Joshua 1:9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged; for the Lord, your God w, ill be with you wherever you go.”
- Matthew 6:15 But if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.
- Matthew 6:33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.
- Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways, submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.
- Psalm 46:1 God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.
- Romans 12:18 If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone.
- Matthew 28:19-20 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”
The Bible Is Our Compass!
Whether we are playing a game, driving a car, or baking a cake, there are certain rules that must be followed for our safety as well as our success.
The Bible teaches that the Christian life is one of constant growth. When you were born again, you were born into God’s family. It is God’s purpose that you will grow into fill stature and become mature in Christ. It would be against the law of God and nature if you were to remain a baby and thus become a spiritual dwarf. In 2 Peter 3:18, the Bible says that we are to grow. It implies steady development, constant enlargement, increasing wisdom.
For one to grow properly certain rules must be observed for good spiritual health.
- Read your Bible daily. Do not be content to skim through a chapter merely to satisfy your conscience. Hide the Word of God in your heart. It comforts, guides, corrects, encourages – all we need is there.
- Learn the secret of prayer. Prayer is communicating. Every prayer that you pray will be answered. Sometimes that answer may be “Yes” and sometimes “No,” and sometimes it is “Wait,” but nevertheless it will be answered.
- Rely constantly on the Holy Spirit. We know that the Holy Spirit prays for us (Romans 8), and what a comfort that should be to the weakest of us. Stand aside and let Him take over all the choices and decisions of your life.
- Attend church regularly. The visible church is Christ’s organization upon earth. Christians need one another, we need to gather together to worship God and nothing can take the place of church attendance.
- Be a witnessing Christian. We witness in two ways: by life and by word – and the two, where possible, should go hand in hand.
- Let love be the ruling principle of your life. Jesus said to those who followed Him, “By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another” (John 13:35). The greatest demonstration of the fact that we are Christians is that we love one another.
- Be an obedient Christian. Let Christ have first place in all the choices of your life.
- Learn how to meet temptation. Temptation is not sin. It is yielding that is sin. Let Christ through the Holy Spirit do the fighting for you.
- Be a wholesome Christian. Our lives and appearance should commend the Gospel and make it attractive to others.
- Live above your circumstances. Don’t let your circumstances get you down. Learn to live graciously within them, realizing the Lord Himself is with you.
Read More Encouraging Scriptures Here!
Encouragement From Billy Graham Resources
- Billy Graham Encourages You To Choose – What Choice Will You Make?
- And A Minute Of Encouragement – One Minute Talks
- The Word Love Has Been Misused – Talks About Love!
- Billy Graham Knows That Encouragement Will Come When You Choose God!
- When I Need Encouragement, What Can I Do?
I am thankful to have been able to put this website together since 2007. Accumulating three decades of what I have learned and experienced while being a Christian has been a pleasure to share. I would also like to acknowledge those whose resources have shared insights with others through NeedEncouragement.com.
A famous Henry Ford quote, “Whether you think you can, or you think you can’t – you’re right,” emphasizes how much attitude determines success or failure. You need to believe that God can and will give you direction if you ask Him.
Get The Encouragement You Need From God’s Truth And Love!
Some Specific Scriptures To Encourage You:
Malachi 2:7 ESV
For the lips of a priest should guard knowledge, and people should seek instruction from his mouth, for he is the messenger of the Lord of hosts.
1 Peter 2:9 ESV
But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for his own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light.
Hebrews 5:1 ESV
For every high priest chosen from among men is appointed to act on behalf of men in relation to God, to offer gifts and sacrifices for sins.
1 Timothy 2:5 ESV
For there is one God, and there is one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus,
Revelation 5:10 ESV
And you have made them a kingdom and priests to our God, and they shall reign on the earth.”
Hebrews 7:21 ESV
But this one was made a priest with an oath by the one who said to him: “The Lord has sworn and will not change his mind, ‘You are a priest forever.’”
Do You Know How To Share Your Faith?
Please Contact Us If You Would Like To Share Your Faith In A Testimony.
Find Hope And Encouragement From Our Links!
- If you just started believing in God, we have a page specifically for you.
- If you are dealing with anger, stress, or depression, we have information to help you.
- We have phone helplines, website links, and YouTube videos.
- You can learn more about us, our goals, and our purpose.
- If you have a drug/alcohol problem or want to get right with God, you are at the right place!
- If you need to talk to someone right away, you can call 800-633-3446 or click here.