Do You Have A Relationship With Jesus?
Please contact us if you have questions or comments or want encouragement.
Have you stopped to ask yourself one of these three questions? 1) Are you avoiding Jesus for any specific reason? 2) If you go to church, are you merely practicing religion? 3) How do you honestly know if you have a relationship with Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior?
There is a world of difference between practicing religion and having a relationship with Jesus. Practicing religion is doing works to get you into heaven, compared to having a relationship with Jesus is relying on what Jesus has done on the cross for us. (The word RELIGION refers to the word “DO,” and the word RELATIONSHIP refers to the word “DONE”). ~ Bill Greguska
Visit All Our Pages
How To Pray?
Video On How To Pray More Effectively?
How To Find A Good Church?
Free Christian Counseling
In A Relationship With Jesus, How Much Does He Care?
A Better Relationship With Jesus Will Guide You!
Many people grow up attending church knowing some things about Jesus but do not understand why they need a relationship with Jesus. When you have a relationship with Jesus, you trust that his sacrificial death on the cross for our sins determines our eternal destiny in either heaven or hell, depending on the free choice He allows us. Many of us have had a relationship with Jesus since we were young, but that does not mean we understand everything about Jesus. When I was about six years old, I understood God was good and needed to listen to him.
When I got older, about 12, my understanding grew, yet my faith was somewhat immature. But when the winds of high school blew hard and the temptations of alcohol and drugs clouded my thinking, and alcohol and drugs clouded my thinking and my relationship with Jesus, my life fell apart right before my eyes. Like many young people, I used to think that the world revolved around me and the relationships I had with others in my life. Thank God that there was a point in my life when I accepted Jesus as my Lord and Savior when I realized that my relationship with Jesus was the most important relationship I needed to have. The other relationships in my life were unnecessary, but my relationship with Jesus outranked the others by far. ~ Bill Greguska
Verses To Point You To A Relationship With Jesus Christ!
- Matthew 22:37-39
- Psalm 23:1
- Jeremiah 29:13
- Psalm 27:1-2
- Deuteronomy 4:29
- Psalm 34:4; 9-10
- John 3:16
- Psalm 37:4
- Romans 10:9-10; 13
- Psalm 32:8
God Does Not Make Us Love Him; We Have A Free Will
It is not that Jesus changed, but it was me and my free will that enticed me to do what was evil. I still was bothered by my conscience, but I eventually got over it and numbed my conscience, which allowed me to keep using drugs and alcohol. Thank God that I had my Godly mother stand up for me. She supported and loved me more than anyone in my life. That love was what I needed (people need love). God allowed me to go through long-term treatment, which was just what I needed. God never changes! He is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow. You and I change; hopefully, we are changing for the better! ~ Bill Greguska
Here Are Some Helpful Links:
- Does to know Jesus mean something special?
- Is Jesus a friend of sinners?
- How can I accept Jesus as my Savior?
- Knowing Jesus vs. knowing about Jesus-what is the difference?
- What does it mean to believe in Jesus?
What Do I Need To Do To Have A Relationship With Jesus?
Your salvation does not depend on anything you can do but only on what God has done for you if you have welcomed and invited Jesus Christ to be your Savior and Lord, his word promises he has forgiven your sins and made you a child of God.
- “Whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life,” John 3:16. From the moment you “believed in him,” you received eternal life.
- “Whoever lives and believes in me will never die,” John 11:26. You have His promised eternal life right now. You will never perish. When you breathe your last breath here on earth, you breathe your first breath in heaven.
- “My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand,” John 10:27-28. You are not holding onto him, and He’s holding onto you and will not let you go.
- “If anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!” 2 Corinthians 5:17. You are a new creation, the child of God. You can’t go back to where you were before you accepted Christ. Yes, you will be tempted by Satan, but you will always be once you’re His child.
Some Specific Scriptures To Encourage You:
Revelation 3:20 ESV
Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and eat with him, and he with me.
John 3:16 ESV
“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.
Romans 5:8 ESV
But God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
1 John 5:11-12 ESV
And this is the testimony that God gave us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. Whoever has the Son has life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have life.
Romans 6:23 ESV
For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
John 17:3 ESV
And this is eternal life, that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent.
Mark 3:14 ESV
And he appointed twelve (whom he also named apostles) so that they might be with him and he might send them out to preach.
2 Corinthians 11:2 ESV
For I feel a divine jealousy for you since I betrothed you to one husband to present you as a pure virgin to Christ.
1 Corinthians 6:19 ESV
Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own,
Romans 3:23 ESV
For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,
John 3:5 ESV
Jesus answered, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.
John 3:3 ESV
Jesus answered him, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.”
John 1:12 ESV
But to all who did receive him, who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God.
Find Hope And Encouragement From Our Links!
- If you just started believing in God, we have a page specifically for you.
- If you are dealing with anger, stress, or depression, we have information to help you.
- We have phone helplines, website links, and YouTube videos.
- You can learn more about us, our goals, and our purpose.
- If you have a drug/alcohol problem or want to get right with God, you are at the right place!
- If you need to talk to someone right away, you can call 800-633-3446 or click here.
- Finally, if you have any questions or want to get on our email list, just let us know.