How Is Your Relationship With Jesus?
Relationship With Jesus…
Many people grow up going to church knowing some things about Jesus, but do not really totally understand why they need a relationship with Jesus?
When you have a relationship with Jesus you trust that his sacrificial death on the cross for our sins determines our eternal destiny in either heaven or hell, depending on the free choice He allows us.
Many of us have a relationship with Jesus since we were young, but that does not mean we totally understood all things about Jesus. When I was a young boy about the age of 6 years old, I had my own understanding that God was good and I needed to listen to him.
Then when I got older about the age of 12 my understanding grew yet my faith was not on a solid rock sort of speak. But when the winds of high school blew hard and temptations of alcohol and drugs clouded my thinking and my relationship with Jesus and my life fell apart right before my eyes.
God Does Not Make Us Love Him, We Have A Free Will
It is not that Jesus changed, but it was me and my free will that enticed me to do what was evil. I still was bothered by my conscience but I eventually got over it and numbed my conscience which allowed me to keep using drugs and alcohol.
Thank God that I had my Godly mother stood up for me, she supported and loved me more than anyone in my life. That love was what I needed (people need love). God allowed me to go through long-term treatment which was just what I needed.
God never changes! He is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow. Yet, you and I do change, and hopefully we changed for the better! ~ Bill Greguska
Here are some helpful links:
- Does to know Jesus mean something special?
- Is Jesus a friend of sinners?
- How can I accept Jesus as my personal Savior?
- Knowing Jesus vs. knowing about Jesus-what is the difference?
- What does it mean to believe in Jesus?
In A Relationship With Jesus, How Much Does He Care?
What Do I Need To Do To Have A Relationship With Jesus?
Your salvation does not depend on anything you can do, but only on what God has done for you. If you have welcomed and invited Jesus Christ to be your Savior and Lord, his word promises he has forgiven your sins and made you a child of God.
- “Whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life” John 3:16. From the moment you “believed in him,” you received eternal life.
- “Whoever lives and believes in me will never die” John 11:26. You have His promised eternal life, right now. You will never perish. When you breathe your last breath here on earth, you then breathe your first breath in heaven.
- “My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand” John 10:27-28. You are not holding onto him and He’s holding onto you and will not let you go.
- “If anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!” 2 Corinthians 5:17. You are a new creation, the child of God. It is not possible for you to go back to where you were before you accepted Christ. Yes, you will be tempted by Satan but once you’re His child, you will always be.
Trust in Jesus, And You Will Become A New Creation!
2 Corinthians 5:17. Now it is impossible for you to decide to lose your salvation. A child cannot choose later not to be born. You are his child, and will always be his child, just as my kids (Sherry and Chris) will always be my kids.
No matter how they feel, or what they say or do, they cannot go back and not be my daughter, because she was born as my daughter. You were “born again” as the child of God, and will be his child forever. Do you need Jesus, or just going through the motions?
Remember To Trust God, Not Your Feelings!
There will probably be times when you don’t feel close to God when you don’t feel like going to worship, or reading the Bible or praying. But the Bible nowhere tells us what it’s like to be a Christian. Our feelings depend on many factors besides our relationship with God. They are the caboose at the end of the train of faith, not its engine.
If you’re married, there may be times when you feel closer to your others than your spouse at times which is only natural, but you’re still married.
An employee’s feelings about her employer don’t change the fact that she has a job.
A student’s feelings about his teachers don’t alter the fact that he’s in school.
Feelings don’t change facts. Unfortunately, we still sin and fall short of the people our Father wants us to be.
Fortunately, our assurance is not based on our abilities but God’s grace. He says that we are his children. His Son died to pay our spiritual debt so we could join his eternal family.
Your Relationship With Jesus Means Everything!
It takes as much faith to believe in God now as it did when you first trusted in Jesus. Faith is a relationship, and no relationship can be proven. No married couple can prove to someone outside their family that they love each other. No friend can show their friendship to those who have not experienced it.
It’s impossible to explain love to someone who has never felt it. Relationships are self-validating, the more they are experienced, the stronger they become. So don’t wait until you feel close to God, act as though you are.
Read his word, pray, worship him personally and publicly, and get involved in the life and work of a local church. Act on your faith, and you’ll find your confidence growing deeper and stronger. Do you know for a fact that you need a relationship with Jesus?
You were made by God to know Jesus and make him known. A personal relationship with Jesus Christ is the only piece that will fit the hole in your spiritual jigsaw puzzle. He is the hub into which all the spokes of your life fit, the “true north” on your compass.
If you haven’t entered a personal relationship with Jesus yet, I sincerely hope you’ll pray to meet him today. If you know him, I hope that you’ll help someone else know him. Helping people follow Jesus is the greatest joy in life. ~ Jim Denison and edited by Bill Greguska.
What If My Problems Seem Out Of Control?
We Pray You Find Hope And Encouragement From Our Links!
- If you just started believing in God, we have a page specifically for you.
- If you are dealing with anger, stress, or depression, we have information that can be of help to you.
- We have phone helplines, website links, you tube videos.
- You can learn more about us and our goals and our purpose.
- If you have a drug/alcohol problem, or if you just want to get right with God you are at the right place!
- If you need to talk to someone right away, you can call 800-633-3446 or click here.
- Finally, if you have any questions, or would like to get on our email list, just let us know.
For Encouragement Call 1-800-633-3446 or Chat
Please contact us if you have any questions or comments or would just like some encouragement?
It’s pretty easy for me to say that the most important thing in my life is my relationship with Jesus Christ, followed by my relationship with family. And football’s later on down the line. ~ Tim Tebow