DO NOT WORRY
Trust In God And Do Not Worry!
Do not worry; worrying doesn’t help! God says do not worry and that we ought not to be anxious about anything, but then why do we still worry? Have you ever thought that God tells us things we ought to do and did you realize that this stuff He tells us are for our own good!
Worry is like rocking back in forth in a rocking chair, you may get the feeling you are getting somewhere, but in reality, you are wasting your time! When rocking in a rocking chair, you may seem to be doing a lot, but in reality, you are getting nowhere at all. Which is just like worrying, you get nowhere at all, but then why do we still do it? Do not worry! ~ Bill Greguska
Do Not Worry About Your Life!
Doing everything with one arm, being well-known, and having a book and a movie, it’s fairly abnormal. As far as just not having to worry about past experiences, I’ve healed very well. ~ Bethany Hamilton
Matthew 6:25 “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes?
What Is The Cause Of Your Worry
Before we can overcome a problem, we must understand its underlying cause. Worry is like a weed. If you don’t rip it out by its root, it will continue to return and grow. If not dealt with, it can choke out the beneficial things God intends to grow and flourish in your life.
The weed of worry grows in the soil of insecurity. If you want peace, you must plant yourself in solid ground. The apostle Paul said his letter to the church at Philippi.
Paul reminded these believers their real security was derived from their citizenship in heaven, not Rome, and from their Savior’s power to bring everything under his control (Philippians 3:20–21).
It is easy to focus on earthly things and depend on them to keep us safe or happy. However, if we place our confidence in anything other than Jesus, we will end up in the shifting soil where worries thrive.
Instead, root your hope in the surety of Christ. In this ground, peace flourishes no matter the circumstances because our Lord is always near and in control. The right source of assurance prevents disturbing thoughts from taking root in the first place. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. (Philippians 4:6)
Related Pages Of Encouragement:
A Special Link for a Little Extra Encouragement
Scriptures To Help You Stop Worrying!
- Luke 21:14 But make up your mind not to worry beforehand how you will defend yourselves.
- Psalm16:8 I keep my eyes always on the LORD. With him at my right hand, I will not be shaken.
- Psalm 62:6 Truly he is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will not be shaken.
- Isaiah 41:10 So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
- Jeremiah 29:11 “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
- Romans 8:28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.
- Psalm 121:1-2 I lift up my eyes to the mountains— where does my help come from? My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth.
- Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding
- Phil 4:6-7 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
- Psalm 46:1 God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.
Do Not Worry, Be Happy (In A More Light-Hearted Way)!
Here Are Some Suggestions To Encourage You!
- Try to keep yourself busy.
- Why worry about little things?
- Use common sense and faith to keep things in perspective, why bother worrying?
- Accept the things you have no control over because God is in control.
- God knows what you are dealing with.
- Limit the amount of stress you will allow your situation to put on you.
- Forget the past but be sure to learn from it.
- Work on having a positive outlook on all situations that you are in
- Guard your mind by being aware of the things you both hear and see.
- Be at peace with all people as far as it depends on you.
- Expect from time to time that others you come in contact with will sometimes have a bad attitude.
- Don’t let people or things get on your nerves.
- Think of as many things that you can be thankful for.
- Remember that God loves you.
- If everyone else is going to do something, take the time to think before you decide to do it.
- Learn from your all of your mistakes.
Please contact us if you have any questions or comments or would just like some encouragement?
Life flies by, and it’s easy to get lost in the blur. In adolescence, it’s ‘How do I fit in?’ In your 20s, it’s ‘What do I want to do?’ In your 30s, ‘Is this what I’m meant to do?’ I think the trick is living the questions. Not worrying so much about what’s ahead but rather sitting in the gray area – being OK with where you are. ~ Chris Pine
Matthew 6:34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.