Do Not Worry, Trust In God!
Please contact us if you have any questions, comments, or encouragement.
When I worry, it reminds me of being in a rocking chair, getting nowhere, even though I rock back and forth frantically! I coined the term “Pitbull syndrome,” meaning that I have gotten a tight grip on problems or situations and can not let them go.
What helps me at these times is to pray, yet sometimes even when I pray, it is still hard to let go. Then I call or email a close Christian friend for help. The good advice I can give you is not to worry. Because worrying does not help us at all; it makes things even worse! Because when we worry, we temporarily take our eyes off God and put them on our problems. What does it mean to worry? “Worry divides the mind. The biblical word for worry (merimnao) is a compound of two Greek words, merizo (“to divide”) and nous (“the mind”). So we must remember to get our minds together and keep them that way and stop worrying! ~ Bill Greguska
Matthew 6:34 Therefore, do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.
Visit All Our Pages
How To Pray?
Video On How To Pray More Effectively?
How To Find A Good Church?
Free Christian Counseling
Stop Worrying About The Future!
Don’t Be Like A Rocking Chair!
Worrying doesn’t help; it is a total waste of time! God says, do not worry, and that we ought not to be anxious about anything, but why do we still worry? Have you ever thought that God tells us things we ought to do, and did you realize that what He tells us is for our good? Worry is like rocking back in forth in a rocking chair, you may get the feeling you are getting somewhere, but in reality, you are wasting your time! When rocking in a rocking chair, you may seem to be doing a lot, but in reality, you are getting nowhere, which is just like worrying. You get nowhere, but why do we still do it? Do not worry! ~ Bill Greguska
Here Are Some Helpful Links:
- Are we encouraged not to worry?
- Do not let your worrying make you quit!
- Does the Bible talk about anxiety?
- How does the Bible look at the topic of attitude?
- What does the Bible say about feeling overwhelmed?
Scriptures To Help You Stop Worrying!
- Luke 21:14 But make up your mind not to worry beforehand how you will defend yourselves.
- Psalm 16:8 I keep my eyes always on the LORD. With him at my right hand, I will not be shaken.
- Psalm 62:6 Truly he is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will not be shaken.
- Jeremiah 29:11 “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
- Romans 8:28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to His purpose.
- Psalm 121:1-2 I lift up my eyes to the mountains— where does my help come from? My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth.
- Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding
- Philippians 4:6-7 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
- Psalm 46:1 God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.
Do Not Worry, Be Happy (In A Light-Hearted Way)!
Here Are Some Suggestions To Encourage You!
- Try to keep yourself busy.
- Why worry about little things?
- Use common sense and faith to keep things in perspective. Why bother worrying?
- Accept the things you cannot control because God is in control.
- God knows what you are dealing with and how much you can handle.
- Limit the stress you will allow your situation to put on you.
- Forget the past, but be sure to learn from it.
- Work on having a positive outlook on all situations that you are in
- Guard your mind by being aware of what you both hear and see.
- Be at peace with all people as far as it depends on you.
- Expect from time to time that others you come in contact with will sometimes have a bad attitude.
- Don’t let people or things get on your nerves.
- Think of as many things that you can be thankful for in your life.
- Remember that God loves you.
- If everyone else is going to do something, take the time to think before you decide to do it.
- Learn from all of your mistakes.
Some Specific Scriptures To Encourage You:
Philippians 4:6-7 ESV
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
1 Peter 5:7 ESV
Casting all your anxieties on him because he cares for you.
Matthew 6:34 ESV
“Therefore, do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.
John 14:27 ESV
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.
Proverbs 12:25 ESV
Anxiety in a man’s heart weighs him down, but a good word makes him glad.
Psalm 55:22 ESV
Cast your burden on the Lord, and he will sustain you; he will never permit the righteous to be moved.
Philippians 4:6 ESV
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God.
Matthew 6:25-29 ESV
“Therefore, I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food and the body more than clothing? Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? And which of you, by being anxious, can add a single hour to his span of life? And why are you anxious about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin, yet I tell you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.
Matthew 11:28-30 ESV
Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”
Matthew 6:27 ESV
And which of you, by being anxious, can add a single hour to his span of life?
Psalm 94:19 ESV
When the cares of my heart are many, your consolations cheer my soul.
Proverbs 3:5-6 ESV
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways, acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.
Isaiah 41:10 ESV
Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
John 14:1 ESV
“Let not your hearts be troubled. Believe in God; believe also in me.
Psalm 23:4 ESV
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.
Luke 12:22 ESV
And he said to his disciples, “Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat, nor about your body, what you will put on.”
Find Hope And Encouragement From Our Links!
- If you just started believing in God, we have a page specifically for you.
- If you are dealing with anger, stress, or depression, we have information that can help you.
- We have phone helplines, website links, and YouTube videos.
- Learn more about us, our goals, and our purpose.
- If you have a drug/alcohol problem or want to get right with God, you are at the right place!
- If you need to talk to someone right away, you can call 800-633-3446 or click here.
- Finally, if you have any questions or want to get on our email list, just let us know.
For Encouragement, Call 1-800-633-3446 or Chat
Leave A Comment