Do You Want To Have A Good Marriage?
Please contact us if you have any questions or comments or would like some encouragement.
A good marriage needs to be worked on each day compared to a wedding that is just one day! I firmly believe that too many people spend more time and energy planning their wedding than planning their marriage. Unfortunately, in our society, even many so-called “Christians” nowadays have lost their focus and put the emphasis on themselves instead of God, where it belongs, and treat marriage as a disposable towel and foolishly run out to get a divorce which creates more problems to have to deal with. Marriage is, in essence, a man and a woman who are both sinners, trying to navigate their lives together. Without Jesus Christ, their chances of success do not look too good. If you are married, stay married and work with who God has blessed you. ~ Bill Greguska
1 Corinthians 16:14 Do everything in love.
Commitment + Communication + Cooperation + Compassion = A Good Marriage
Prayers For Victory In Your Marriage! Tony Evans
Remember, Every Marriage Still Has 2 Sinners Involved!
What makes for a better relationship with your spouse? Don’t forget these essential keys to a healthy marriage: faith, hope, love, trust, and honesty. Having faith and love for God will direct the course of your relationship and put your spouse’s needs ahead of your own. Bottom line, what makes for a healthy relationship? Your love for your spouse should be your greatest love only behind that of Jesus Christ. Other important factors, such as I would refer to them as the 3-C’s -Commitment, Communication, Cooperation added to a solid base foundation of Faith / Love / and Honoring God, you will be on the right road!
There are a few ways to learn the keys to a good marriage, and I feel that whatever it takes for you to discover them is what matters. On the one hand, you may want to talk to couples that have been married for 50 years to discover their secrets to success. On the other hand, you can learn from people who did not have a successful marriage and learn from them. There is a benefit from learning from what did work, and there is also a benefit from other people’s mistakes. You can also read books to learn more keys to healthy relationships. But whatever you do, be proactive and put effort into your marriage, or your marriage will not be what you hoped for or would like it to be. ~ Bill Greguska
Ephesians 5:24-25 Now, as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything. HUSBANDS, love your wives, just as CHRIST loved the church and gave himself up for HER.
Some Keys To What Makes A Good Relationship?
Love your spouse in the same manner as you want to be loved.
To have a lasting marriage, it is essential to get premarital counseling. Couples who get communication training before marriage are more likely to be happily married many years later.
It is also imperative to keep in mind that couples who play together, pray together, and stay together. Couples that share a hobby or interest have lower divorce rates than those who don’t.
Faith, hope, love, trust, and honesty are indispensable in discovering your keys to a better relationship. Without trust and honesty, marriage does not have much to be built on that will last.
Individual acts of kindness and sacrificial love sprinkled in the relationship help keep the connection alive and healthy.
Learn to be able to laugh with your spouse.
- Don’t stop here; do some of your homework to find more keys of your own to your successful relationship.
Here Are Some Helpful Links:
- Some good examples of good and bad marriages in the Bible?
- If marriage is so complicated, why should I even consider it?
- Making marriage last – what is the key?
- What does the Bible say about gay marriage/same-sex marriage?
- What is the purpose of marriage?
Find Hope And Encouragement From Our Links!
- If you just started believing in God, we have a page specifically for you.
- If you are dealing with anger, stress, or depression, we have information to help you.
- We have phone helplines, website links, and YouTube videos.
- You can learn more about us, our goals, and our purpose.
- If you have a drug/alcohol problem or want to get right with God, you are at the right place!
- If you need to talk to someone right away, you can call 800-633-3446 or click here.
- Finally, if you have any questions or want to get on our email list, just let us know.
For Encouragement, Call 1-800-633-3446 or Chat