Do You Have Enough Determination?
1 Corinthians 9:26-27 Therefore, I do not run like someone running aimlessly; I do not fight like a boxer beating the air. No, I strike a blow to my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize.
Test Your Faith
Visit All Our Pages
How To Pray?
Video On How To Pray More Effectively?
How To Find A Good Church?
Free Christian Counseling
Let This Toddler Show You Determination!
Determination And Discipline Go Hand In Hand!
Discipline is doing what needs to be done,
When it needs to be done,
How it needs to be done,
No matter how I feel about it!
Determination To Have God Help You Climb The Mountain!
Do We All Have Determination Or Just Som,e People?
I have fluctuated in my determination in my life. For example, I did very well in basketball in high school, yet my determination level plummeted when I lost focus and started using drugs and alcohol. I suggest being determined to know God and to obey God will be of great value to you like it has for me since if it were not for being taught from the Bible, what God wanted me to start doing.
I would possibly never get off of drugs and alcohol and my lifestyle. Loving basketball (or anything for that matter), a person focused on their interest and determination can potentially skyrocket to a level only one could imagine. Take time to talk to a close friend to help encourage you in the area of determination, not on worldly self-determination, but rather on the commitment to live a godly life. ~ Bill Greguska
How Would You Define What Determination Is?
International Standard Bible Encyclopedia
Determine = de-tur’-min: (1) “To resolve,” “decide.” This is the primary meaning of the word, and it is also the one that is the most common. The Greek word krino is translated to “determine,” meaning the above in the New Testament.
- Acts 20:16
- 1 Corinthians 2:2
- Exodus 21:22
When you set your mind on the word of God, it will give you the determination to keep going when times get hard. With the Lord’s strength, Christians can do and overcome anything. Get rid of doubt, stress, and fear by trusting the Lord with all your heart, mind, and soul. Continue fighting for the Lord, and keep your eyes on the eternal prize. Rely on the Holy Spirit, read Scripture daily for encouragement, and get alone with God and pray daily.
The dictionary defines determination as making a decision or fixing or settling a purpose.
- Psalm 33:15
- Psalm 119:29-30
- 2 Timothy 4:7-8
- Hebrews 12:12-13
Bible Verses About Determination:
- 2 Timothy 4:7 I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.
- Psalm 27:14 Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord.
- Luke 9:62 Jesus replied, “No one who puts a hand to the plow and looks back is fit for service in the kingdom of God.”
- 1 Timothy 6:12 Fight the good fight of the faith. Take hold of the eternal life to which you were called when you made your good confession in the presence of many witnesses.
- Galatians 6:9 Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time, we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.
- Acts 20:24 However, I consider my life worth nothing to me; my only aim is to finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me—the task of testifying to the good news of God’s grace.
- Romans 12:11 Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord.
- Proverbs 20:13 Do not love sleep, or you will grow poor; stay awake, and you will have food to spare.
- 2 Thessalonians 3:13 And as for you, brothers and sisters, never tire of doing what is good.
- 1 Corinthians 9:24-25 Do you not know that in a race, all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last, but we do it to get a crown that will last forever.
Some Specific Scriptures To Encourage You:
Philippians 4:13 ESV
I can do all things through him who strengthens me.
2 Timothy 4:7 ESV
I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.
Jeremiah 29:11 ESV
For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.
Romans 15:4 ESV
For whatever was written in former days was written for our instruction, that through endurance and through the encouragement of the Scriptures, we might have hope.
Luke 9:62 ESV
Jesus said to him, “No one who puts his hand to the plow and looks back is fit for the kingdom of God.”
Hebrews 12:1 ESV
Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight and sin which clings so closely, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us,
John 8:32 ESV
And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”
2 Thessalonians 3:13 ESV
As for you, brothers, do not grow weary in doing good.
1 Peter 2:2 ESV
Like newborn infants, long for the pure spiritual milk, that by it you may grow up into salvation—
Isaiah 50:7 ESV
But the Lord God helps me; therefore, I have not been disgraced; therefore, I have set my face like a flint, and I know that I shall not be put to shame.
Find Hope And Encouragement From Our Links!
- If you just started believing in God, we have a page specifically for you.
- If you are dealing with anger, stress, or depression, we have information to help you.
- We have phone helplines, website links, and YouTube videos.
- Learn more about us, our goals, and our purpose.
- If you have a drug/alcohol problem or want to get right with God, you are at the right place!
- If you need to talk to someone right away, you can call 800-633-3446 or click here.