How Is Your Determination?
Dictionary definition of determination is the act of coming to a decision or of fixing or settling a purpose.
Determination vs. Failure
Do We All Have Determination Or Just Some People?
I have fluctuated in my determination in my life. In high school, for example, I did very good in basketball, yet when I lost my focus, and I started using drugs and alcohol, my determination level plummeted.
Loving basketball (or anything for that matter), a person can get focused on their interest, and their determination can potentially skyrocket to a level only one could imagine.
I suggest being determined to know God and to obey God will be of great value to you like it has for me since if it were not for being taught from the Bible what God wanted me to start doing, I would possibly never got off of drugs and alcohol and the lifestyle I was living.
Take time to talk to a close friend to help encourage you in the area of determination, not on the worldly self-determination, but rather on the commitment to live a godly life. ~ Bill Greguska
Set Your Mind On Being Determined To Trust God!
What Is Determination?
Ask God For Help, Then Be Determined To Do Your Best!
- Psalm 33:15
- Psalm 119:29-30
- 2 Timothy 4:7-8
- Hebrews 12:12-13
Have Determination And Be Courageous!
International Standard Bible Encyclopedia
Determine = de-tur’-min: (1) “To resolve,” “decide.” This is the primary meaning of the word, and it is also the one that is the most common. In the New Testament, the Greek word krino is translated to “determine,” and it has the above meaning
- Acts 20:16
- 1 Corinthians 2:2
- Exodus 21:22
When you set your mind on the word of God, it will give you the determination to keep on going when times get hard. With the Lord’s strength, Christians can do and overcome anything. Get rid of doubt, stress, and fear by trusting in the Lord with all your heart, mind, and soul. Continue to keep fighting for the Lord and keep your eyes on the eternal prize. Rely on the Holy Spirit, read Scripture daily for encouragement, and get alone with God and pray daily.
Bible Verses About Determination:
- 2 Timothy 4:7 I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.
- Psalm 27:14 Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord.
- Luke 9:62 Jesus replied, “No one who puts a hand to the plow and looks back is fit for service in the kingdom of God.”
- 1 Timothy 6:12 Fight the good fight of the faith. Take hold of the eternal life to which you were called when you made your good confession in the presence of many witnesses.
- Galatians 6:9 Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.
- Acts 20:24 However, I consider my life worth nothing to me; my only aim is to finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me—the task of testifying to the good news of God’s grace.
- Romans 12:11 Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord.
- Proverbs 20:13 Do not love sleep, or you will grow poor; stay awake, and you will have food to spare.
- 2 Thessalonians 3:13 And as for you, brothers and sisters, never tire of doing what is good.
- 1 Corinthians 9:24-25 Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last, but we do it to get a crown that will last forever.
What If My Problems Seem Out Of Control?
Find Hope And Encouragement From Our Links!
- If you just started believing in God, we have a page specifically for you.
- If you are dealing with anger, stress, or depression, we have information that can be of help to you.
- We have phone helplines, website links, youtube videos.
- You can learn more about us and our goals and our purpose.
- If you have a drug/alcohol problem, or if you want to get right with God, you are at the right place!
- If you need to talk to someone right away, you can call 800-633-3446 or click here.
For Encouragement Call 1-800-633-3446 or Chat