How Much Determination Do You Have?
Determination is a force that courses through our veins, fueling our every step and igniting the fire within us. Determination is not merely a tool for achieving goals; it goes far beyond that. Determination stems from the divine touch of God Himself – a gift bestowed upon us to unlock the depths of our true potential. With unwavering desire, unyielding willpower, and an unshakable faith in God’s master plan, we embark on a journey to discover His purpose for our lives. In this pursuit, we tap into an inner strength like no other, one that propels us forward even when faced with daunting obstacles or when we fall short of our own expectations.
It’s important to remember that determination does not mean that we never stumble or fall or feel like quitting, rather, it means finding peace in knowing that these challenges are stepping stones towards growth and progress. As we press on relentlessly towards what truly matters – aligning ourselves with God’s will – He walks alongside us every single step of the way. So let your determination shine brightly as a testament to His grace and goodness. Let it be a beacon of hope amidst darkness and uncertainty. Embrace this powerful force coursing through your being and let it guide you towards fulfilling your purpose here on Earth. With determination as your ally and God by your side, there is nothing you cannot achieve. Keep pushing forward with unwavering resolve because within you lies unfathomable strength waiting to be unleashed when we tap into this inner strength and pursue God with all our heart, He unveils Himself more fully to us. Keep pushing forward knowing that God is walking alongside you every step of the way. So let your determination shine brightly as a testament to His grace and goodness. ~ Bill Greguska
1 Corinthians 9:26-27 Therefore, I do not run like someone running aimlessly; I do not fight like a boxer beating the air. No, I strike a blow to my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize.
Ten Ways To Discover Encouragement For Yourself:
- Encouragement for Relationships
- Encouragement to End an Addiction
- Encouragement for Your Faith
- Encouragement from Many Topics
- Encouragement to Pray Daily
- Encouragement from our Ideas List
- Encouragement via Chatting
- Encouragement from our Sitemap
- Encouragement from a Free Bible
- Encouragement from My Book
Find out what God’s Word says about the situation you are in, and what to do about it ~ click here.
Determination ~ God Will Help You Climb The Mountain!
Do We All Have Determination Or Just Some People?
I have fluctuated in my determination in my life. For example, I did very well in basketball in high school, yet my determination level plummeted when I lost focus and started using drugs and alcohol. I suggest being determined to know God and to obey God will be of great value to you like it has for me since if it were not for being taught from the Bible, what God wanted me to start doing.
I would possibly never get off of drugs and alcohol and my lifestyle. Loving basketball (or anything for that matter), a person focused on their interest and determination can potentially skyrocket to a level only one could imagine. Take time to talk to a close friend to help encourage you in the area of determination, not on worldly self-determination, but rather on the commitment to live a godly life. ~ Bill Greguska
Determination And Discipline Go Hand In Hand!
Discipline is doing what needs to be done,
When it needs to be done,
How it needs to be done,
No matter how I feel about it!
How Would You Define Determination?
International Standard Bible Encyclopedia
Determine = de-tur’-min: (1) “To resolve,” “decide.” This is the primary meaning of the word, and it is also the one that is the most common. The Greek word krino is translated to “determine,” meaning the above in the New Testament.
- Acts 20:16
- 1 Corinthians 2:2
- Exodus 21:22
When you set your mind on the word of God, it will give you the determination to keep going when times get hard. With the Lord’s strength, Christians can do and overcome anything. Get rid of doubt, stress, and fear by trusting the Lord with all your heart, mind, and soul. Continue fighting for the Lord, and keep your eyes on the eternal prize. Rely on the Holy Spirit, read Scripture daily for encouragement, and get alone with God and pray daily.
The dictionary defines determination as making a decision or fixing or settling a purpose.
- Psalm 33:15
- Psalm 119:29-30
- 2 Timothy 4:7-8
- Hebrews 12:12-13
Bible Verses About Determination:
- 2 Timothy 4:7 I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.
- Psalm 27:14 Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord.
- Luke 9:62 Jesus replied, “No one who puts a hand to the plow and looks back is fit for service in the kingdom of God.”
- 1 Timothy 6:12 Fight the good fight of the faith. Take hold of the eternal life to which you were called when you made your good confession in the presence of many witnesses.
- Galatians 6:9 Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time, we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.
- Acts 20:24 However, I consider my life worth nothing to me; my only aim is to finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me—the task of testifying to the good news of God’s grace.
- Romans 12:11 Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord.
- Proverbs 20:13 Do not love sleep, or you will grow poor; stay awake, and you will have food to spare.
- 2 Thessalonians 3:13 And as for you, brothers and sisters, never tire of doing what is good.
- 1 Corinthians 9:24-25 Do you not know that in a race, all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last, but we do it to get a crown that will last forever.
How To Press Forward With Determination?
Some Specific Scriptures To Encourage You:
Philippians 4:13 ESV
I can do all things through him who strengthens me.
2 Timothy 4:7 ESV
I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.
Jeremiah 29:11 ESV
For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.
Romans 15:4 ESV
For whatever was written in former days was written for our instruction, that through endurance and through the encouragement of the Scriptures, we might have hope.
Luke 9:62 ESV
Jesus said to him, “No one who puts his hand to the plow and looks back is fit for the kingdom of God.”
Hebrews 12:1 ESV
Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight and sin which clings so closely, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us,
John 8:32 ESV
And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”
2 Thessalonians 3:13 ESV
As for you, brothers, do not grow weary in doing good.
1 Peter 2:2 ESV
Like newborn infants, long for the pure spiritual milk, that by it you may grow up into salvation—
Isaiah 50:7 ESV
But the Lord God helps me; therefore, I have not been disgraced; therefore, I have set my face like a flint, and I know that I shall not be put to shame.
What Are Some Bible Verses About Determination?
Find Hope And Encouragement From Our Links!
- If you just started believing in God, we have a page specifically for you.
- If you are dealing with anger, stress, or depression, we have information to help you.
- We have phone helplines, website links, and YouTube videos.
- Learn more about us, our goals, and our purpose.
- If you have a drug/alcohol problem or want to get right with God, you are at the right place!
- If you need to talk to someone right away, you can call 800-633-3446 or click here.