Learn How To Be Kind!
How to be kind: You can get more friends with a smile and kind word thoughtful deeds, than a frown and ugly word and a mean spirit. ~ Bill Greguska
Colossians 3:12 Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.
How To Be Kind Is A Total Understatement By Far!!!
How Many Acts Of Kindness You Can Do In 31 Days!
- Make cards for nursing house residents and spend some time with them.
- Hide dollars in a dollar store with a kind note attached.
- Donate a new stuffed animal to your local children’s hospital.
- Buy a book or gift for someone you know that could use some cheering up.
- Order an appetizer or dessert for another family while out eating.
- Leave a few kind words or a funny note or some cash in a library book.
- Run an errand or do a chore for someone to be a blessing.
- Smile at everyone you come across and make that a regular habit.
- Text ten of your friends, letting them know you’re just thinking of them.
- Send anonymous flowers or cookies to someone in your life that you care about.
- Write a letter and send it by US mail, it is more special than an email.
- Say something kind to someone, even if it is that you like their shirt.
- Take a friend out for coffee or soda and share some good news with them.
- Talk to someone new as a regular habit.
- Tell someone you love precisely why you like them.
Everyone Knows How To Be Kind!
- Make it your goal each day to encourage someone!
- Leave a friendly note where someone will find it to brighten up their day.
- Hold the door open for multiple people while saying hi to each of them.
- Leave a big tip for a waitress with an encouraging note.
- Bake or buy extra cookies and take to your local fire or police department
- Pay for the car behind you at a drive-thru and to encourage them.
- Call someone you know who is down, with the purpose for them to feel loved, and to cheer them up.
- Offer to shovel a neighbor’s driveway and sidewalk, or offer to cut their grass.
- Donate a toy to a local charity.
- Mail a surprise package to someone you know, the value of the box is irrelevant.
- Leave a positive note for your child, or spouse’s lunch box with words of love.
- Let someone have your parking space or place inline instead of fighting for it.
- Bake cookies for your neighbors on a semi-regular basis.
- Pick up litter no matter where you are.
- Put positive sticky notes on your bathroom mirror with words to encourage yourself daily.
- Make eye contact with more people and smile at them more too.
Pastor Tony Evens Tells Us To Encourage Someone!
“A lot of people, when a guy scores a lot of goals, think, ‘He’s a great player because a goal is very important, but a great player is a player who can do everything on the field. He can do assists, encourage his colleagues, give them the confidence to go forward. It is someone who, when a team does not do well, becomes one of the leaders.” Pele
1 Thessalonians 5:11 Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.
Ideas How To Be Kind To Someone!
- See how many acts of kindness you can do today!
- Send an email, card, or letter to someone just to let them know that you care.
- Show your appreciation to someone who helped you when you needed help recently.
- Tell your friend or family member you love them.
- Cheer up someone who is discouraged with a hug.
- Try to understand where another person is at with their emotions.
- Consider spending time with someone to encourage them and be with them.
- Share the truth of God’s word.
- Giving hope to someone that you know who needs it.
- Tell a joke to make them laugh.
- Make it a point to do nice things for everyone.
- Put others’ needs before your own.
- Some people are most encouraged when they receive a gift of service.
- Leave Post-it notes with words thoughtful words of gratitude and care.
- Remind one who is in a complicated relationship that God loves them with an everlasting love.
- Love on those who have been a spiritual leader to you, by sending her a card or note in the mail, asking that person to go out for breakfast or lunch, or you can kindly offer your time.
How Would You Like To Be Encouraged?
Then Do It To Others!
- Compliment someone at work or someone you meet during the day.
- A simple smile can make a friend or a stranger feel excellent inside for free.
- Take time to call someone you know who is going through some hard times lately.
- Let someone know that you are thinking about them and praying for them also.
- Tell someone who you like their shirt, hat, or something they are wearing.
- Offer to take a friend out for a soda, a cup of coffee, or even lunch and catch up on life.
- Do something kind for either a friend or even a stranger.
- Make time to listen to someone who seems to be lonely or sad.
- Thank someone who has gone out of their way to help you in your life recently or in the past.
- Be patient with the clerk at the store by being extra cheerful to them.
- Look out for a co-worker. Everyone needs someone to be in their corner, to have their back.
- People are more blessed when you pray with them immediately, don’t just say I’ll pray for you.
- Listen to a young person and let them see that you value their ideas.
- Choose to live a life of character and integrity. It makes it easier for them to follow your example.
- Give someone special a gift handmade by you.
- Encourage a friend to put her hope in God.
How To Be Kind To Someone?
When we say to encourage someone, that doesn’t mean it has to be a large type of encouragement, even a small compliment given to someone who needs desperately to hear something positive is a blessing. Make it a goal in your life to be kind and encourage someone every day.
Anything you do for someone else can be considered a form of encouragement. Think about what the other person needs, and try to be of help to them with your time, money, energy, to help make their day a little better. Get out and be kind and encourage someone today!
How To Be Kind By Acts Of Kindness!
See how many acts of kindness you can do this week?
- Pick up the phone and take the time to listen and help someone who lives far away, keep in mind not do all the talking and let them talk more.
- Send a short note on Facebook or text message a friend with a few encouraging words.
- Tell your Pastor, friend, boss, or other someone else in your life that you appreciate them.
- Make the person that you are talking about actually feel that you are entirely paying attention to them and that you genuinely care.
- Do you know someone who is having a hard time? Secretly send them a card or note every day for a week.
- Offer to watch a young couple’s children free them up to enjoy themselves and each other.
- People do not get letters in the mail too often anymore, so decide to write a letter to someone that could use an encouraging message.
- Catch a parent doing something positive in their parenting.
- Catch a child doing something in the act, that their parents would make them happy.
- Be sure to have a couple of small gifts and birthday cards on hand to give someone, just to be prepared.
- Be quick to listen and slow to talk. Sometimes, the best encouragement is someone who is a good listener.
- Let your friends that you pray to know you pray for them regularly.
- Buy a small thoughtful gift for someone that you know needs some encouragement.
- Always try to be encouraging to everyone you meet. You never know who is having a crisis kind of day.
- Many people are starving for human touch. Just a hand on the shoulder or contact that is appropriate can be very encouraging. For some, a hug could be life-changing.