Healing From Divorce Takes Time, Tears, And God!
Please contact us if you have any questions, comments, or encouragement.
Healing from divorce comes from God, and inevitably tears and, ultimately, the touching hand of a loving God! Don’t be afraid to reach out to Him in prayer. I have heard from Kathleen Casey that “Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.”
Relationships can cause pain, and divorce is guaranteed to cause pain. It is just like jumping in a pool. You will get wet. If you are involved in a divorce, the pain will be there, whether you want it or not. God hates divorce but has allowed it to happen because of man’s hardened heart. Contact us, and we will help you. ~ Bill Greguska
Psalm 30:2 Lord my God, I called you for help, and you healed me.
Pray To God
My Divorce Hurt
Recovering From Divorce
Trust In God
Dealing With A Broken Relationship!
Help Your Kids Survive Your Divorce?
Visit All Our Pages
How To Pray?
Video On How To Pray More Effectively?
How To Find A Good Church?
Free Christian Counseling
Healing From Divorce After Finally Finding Real Hope!
Specific Relationship Resource Links:
It Takes Time Healing From Divorce!
Healing from divorce can occur over time with God’s assistance, love, and grace. Divorce tears apart the two who were made one through marriage, so it is painful! The scars will last a lifetime, yet the pain fades over time. It may seem impossible, but it will take some time, work, and walking close to God.
Many of you did not want a divorce like me. Are you wondering what we should look forward to in life, not being married anymore? There is life after a divorce when God works in your heart to forgive, heal, learn, and then turn the page — going through a divorce that I did not want was extremely painful. It was evident that my ex-wife could not deal with things, and she ended her second divorce. It must have been hard for her, too, but all it seemed was she wanted a way out. Your story could be similar or maybe entirely different.
There Is Healing From Divorce!
Gain Wisdom And Understanding
Learn some tips on how to begin healing from divorce. Divorce is the ripping apart of one flesh into two! From my experience, separation is one of the most painful things a person can go through. It would help if you consciously tried to heal from a divorce or would not recover entirely. When you heal from a divorce, you need to get closer to God, a straightforward formula to consider. Be aware of your health. You had a divorce, life is not over, but it has taken an extremely painful detour. Learn how to start healing from divorce by practicing forgiveness of your spouse. At some point needs to be a part of the recovery! ~ Bill Greguska
Here Are Some Helpful Links:
- Can I recover from a broken heart?
- How to deal with divorce the right way?
- Do divorce and depression often go hand in hand?
- How should parents who are divorcing deal with child custody issues?
- What about divorce and remarriage?
Learn How To Discover The New Normal
- When I was first divorced, I spent most of my time with people in my Bible study and a few others. I went on a couple of “so-called” dates, primarily for companionship and social activities of “so-called” dates, primarily for friendship and something to do socially. Still, there was not much of a spark of mutual interest; that was probably better since I knew I was not ready for something like dating after recently getting over a painful divorce.
- There have been times I have been alone yet not lonely. And other times, the loneliness can hurt. I have learned to lean on God for His comfort and a few friends. Life goes on, and you need to determine your new standard. You have input into your new bar by evaluating and asking God for His guidance by taking this time.
Is There Life After Divorce?
- Of course, you have your mind, but I am saying wisdom not to jump into a new set of problems. This is an excellent time to rediscover God in your life, rekindle old friendships, and even make new healthy friendships. Set out to discover that there is life after divorce once you learn how to heal from a divorce. “Divorce is open-heart surgery, emotionally.
- Some people are unwilling to give it enough time, and their expectations for recovery are too fast. When you get up and go quicker than you’re supposed to, and you push your healing cycle too quickly, you have to do it over again, and you get a relapse.” Steve Grissom and Kathy Leonard.
A divorce is like an amputation: you survive it, but there’s less of you. ~ Margaret Atwood
Psalm 6:2 Have mercy on me, Lord, for I am faint; heal me, Lord, for my bones are in agony.
The Great Pain Of Divorce
The bottom line is that divorce can be excruciatingly painful, but with God, all things can heal a broken heart and excruciatingly painful, but God, all things are possible when it comes to healing. A broken heart and shattered dreams! As a Christian man, divorce was not an option for me, and I thought my ex-wife, too, by how she discussed things before we got married, but things changed. I went through a divorce that I did not want, and it was the hardest thing I ever went through in my life, way harder than even the death of my mother, who I loved dearly. ~ Bill Greguska
Websites To Help Find Healing From Divorce:
- Check out Divorce Care
- Divorce Source
- Cross Walk
- Galbraith Family Law Resources
- If I am divorced, can I remarry?
- The appropriate level of intimacy before marriage?
Some Specific Scriptures To Encourage You:
Jeremiah 17:14 ESV
Heal me, O Lord, and I shall be healed; save me, and I shall be saved, for you are my praise.
1 Peter 2:24 ESV
He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree that we might die to sin and live to righteousness. By his wounds, you have been healed.
Isaiah 41:10 ESV
Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
Jeremiah 33:6 ESV
Behold, I will bring to it health and healing, and I will heal them and reveal to them abundance of prosperity and security.
Isaiah 53:5 ESV
But he was pierced for our transgressions; he was crushed for our iniquities; upon him was the chastisement that brought us peace, and with his wounds, we are healed.
Psalm 41:3 ESV
The Lord sustains him on his sickbed; in his illness, you restore him to full health.
Psalm 147:3 ESV
He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.
Psalm 103:2-4 ESV
Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits, who forgives all your iniquity, who heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit, who crowns you with steadfast love and mercy,
James 5:15 ESV
And the prayer of faith will save the one who is sick, and the Lord will raise him up. And if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven.
3 John 1:2 ESV
Beloved, I pray that all may go well with you and that you may be in good health, as it goes well with your soul.
James 5:16 ESV
Therefore, confess your sins to one another and pray for one another that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working.
Proverbs 17:22 ESV
A joyful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones.
Jeremiah 30:17 ESV
For I will restore health to you, and your wounds I will heal, declares the Lord, because they have called you an outcast: ‘It is Zion, for whom no one cares!’
Matthew 10:1 ESV
And he called to him his twelve disciples and gave them authority over unclean spirits, to cast them out, and to heal every disease and every affliction.
James 5:14 ESV
Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord.
Exodus 15:26 ESV
Saying, “If you will diligently listen to the voice of the Lord your God, and do that which is right in his eyes, and give ear to his commandments and keep all his statutes, I will put none of the diseases on you that I put on the Egyptians, for I am the Lord, your healer.”
Proverbs 4:20-22 ESV
My son, be attentive to my words; incline your ear to my sayings. Let them not escape from your sight; keep them within your heart. For they are life to those, who find them and healing to all their flesh.
Matthew 10:8 ESV
Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse lepers, cast out demons. You received without paying; give without pay.
Psalm 6:2 ESV
Be gracious to me, O Lord, for I am languishing; heal me, O Lord, for my bones are troubled.
Find Hope And Encouragement From Our Links!
- If you just started believing in God, we have a page specifically for you.
- If you are dealing with anger, stress, or depression, we have information that can help you.
- We have phone helplines, website links, and YouTube videos.
- You can learn more about us, our goals, and our purpose.
- If you have a drug/alcohol problem or want to get right with God, you are at the right place!
- If you need to talk to someone right away, you can call 800-633-3446 or click here.
For Encouragement, Call 1-800-633-3446 or Chat