Avoid Evil ~ Flee From Sin ~ Keep Your Eyes On God!
Please contact us if you have questions or if you need some encouragement.
To avoid evil and sin may seem like an almost impossible feat, but let me assure you that it is achievable. The key to avoiding evil lies in the realization that we are not our own – we have been purchased with a priceless gift: the blood of Jesus Christ shed on the cross for our sins. When we follow Him rather than succumb to the temptations of this world or those of the devil, we can rest assured that though sin might temporarily bring pleasure, its consequences are dire and lead us down a path of destruction.
Doing the will of my flesh for immediate gratification is like choosing between crumbs now or waiting for a grand feast later by doing God’s will. Choosing immediate gratification through sin ultimately leads us to settle for less than what God has planned for us, leaving us dissatisfied and always wanting more. But even though our flesh may be weak and prone to temptation, we can resist evil by remembering who paid the ultimate price for our redemption and striving daily to live according to His perfect will. So take heart! Avoiding evil is tough but doable when you put your faith in Jesus Christ! Keeping a distance between you and sin is wise, yet sometimes unavoidable, that is why prayer is so very critical to avoid evil. Do not fight evil with evil, but evil with good. ~ Bill Greguska
Ten Ways To Discover Encouragement For Yourself:
- Encouragement for Relationships
- Encouragement to End an Addiction
- Encouragement for Your Faith
- Encouragement from Many Topics
- Encouragement to Pray Daily
- Encouragement from our Ideas List
- Encouragement via Chatting
- Encouragement from our Sitemap
- Encouragement from a Free Bible
- Encouragement from My Book
Find out what God’s Word says about the situation you are in, and what to do about it ~ click here.
Free Will Makes It Harder To Avoid Evil!
Three Types Of Sin To Avoid!
- The sin of not doing something we ought to do is called the sin of omission.
- There is also the sin of commission, which is doing something God instructs us not to do.
- There is a third type called personal sin committed daily by every human being by disobeying God’s word.
Yes ~ There Is Pleasure In Sin!
Why Do We Still Feel Guilty If God Has Forgiven Our Sins?
Realize That The Pleasure Of Sin Is Fleeting!
Is There A Difference Between Sins?
Avoid Evil With The Full Armor Of God!
What We Ought Not Do / What We Need To Do!
How To Control Sinful Impure And Ungodly Thoughts?
Continued: What We Ought Not Do / What We Need To Do!
Some Specific Scriptures To Encourage You:
1 John 2:15-17 ESV
Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world—the desires of the flesh and the desires of the eyes and pride in possessions—is not from the Father but is from the world. And the world is passing away along with its desires, but whoever does the will of God abides forever.
1 Corinthians 10:13 ESV
No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation, he will also provide a way of escape so that you may be able to endure it.
Romans 12:2 ESV
Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing, you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.
Proverbs 8:13 ESV
The fear of the Lord is hatred of evil. Pride and arrogance and the way of evil and perverted speech, I hate.
1 Peter 5:8 ESV
Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary, the devil, prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour.
James 4:1 ESV
What causes quarrels, and what causes fights among you? Is it not this that your passions are at war within you?
Romans 12:1 ESV
I appeal to you, therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship.
Romans 3:23 ESV
For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God,
John 14:6 ESV
Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
Matthew 6:13 ESV
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
Find Hope And Encouragement From Our Links!
- If you just started believing in God, we have a page specifically for you.
- If you are dealing with anger, stress, or depression, we have information to help you.
- We have phone helplines, website links, and YouTube videos.
- Learn more about us, our goals, and our purpose.
- If you have a drug/alcohol problem or want to get right with God, you are at the right place!
- If you need to talk to someone right away, you can call 800-633-3446 or click here.
- Finally, if you have any questions or want to get on our email list, just let us know.