How To Start Your Ministry?
Please contact us if you have questions or if you need some encouragement.
Are you someone who has been hesitant to start your ministry because of fears of not knowing enough or being ridiculed? I want to encourage you that sharing your faith is not about having all the answers, but rather letting others see how God has worked in your life. Your personal testimony cannot be argued against because it is a unique and powerful account of what God has done for you. When we share our stories, we allow others to witness the goodness and grace of God in action. It’s important also to remember that it is not our job to save people; that responsibility belongs solely with the Holy Spirit. So, take heart and start your ministry today by sharing what you know and have experienced about God’s love.
You never know whose life may be impacted by listening to your story! I encourage you to start your ministry if God is leading you to do so. You do not need to attend Bible school or have any degree. You do not even need a website. You do not need to have money to start your ministry. All you need to do is to be prompted by the Lord to begin your ministry. In 2007 when I was going through a divorce that got me very depressed. My pastor Ron Sauer and his wife, Sue Sauer, saw how depressed I was, and they encouraged me to try to inspire others. That is how this ministry, (NeedEncouragement.com) started. Any service to others with the prompting of God can be considered a ministry. You could pick whatever comes to your heart to do. You could write letters to people in nursing homes or prisons. You could baby site for a couple struggling in their marriage so they could have a date night with each other. Use your imagination and pray to God to give you a ministry of your own. Bottom line, a ministry can be anything you can do to be a blessing to others and share the gospel. ~ Bill Greguska
6 Ways How To Start A Ministry From Home?
Here Are Some Helpful Links:
Start Your Own Ministry. We Are All Called To Share The Gospel!
I encourage you to consider starting your ministry if you are sure it is God’s leading. First, find various ideas on how to go about it. Your ministry can merely share God’s word by talking with others or handing out tracts and cards. If you are a Christian, which means you are following the teachings of Jesus Christ, you will understand that God instructs each of us to share the gospel with others (not just pastors and church leaders).
I encourage you to consider starting your ministry if you are sure it is God’s leading. First, consider various ideas on how to go about it. Your ministry can merely share God’s word by talking with others or handing out tracts and cards. Make sure you start with your own family and friends. (although family and friends can sometimes be the hardest to share the good news with). But do not let that stop you. Scripture says to be at peace with all people as far as it depends on you, but keep in mind that everyone will not run towards Jesus, and some will resist, so be wise as a serpent yet peaceful as a dove when sharing God’s Word.
Start Your Own Ministry To Promote God!
What To Do If You Feel Led By God? Start Your Ministry!
- First, and most importantly, this is to pray about your ideas about actually starting a ministry before you even go to #2.
- Make sure your heart is in the right place before considering how to start your ministry.
- Make sure you are starting the ministry for the right reasons.
- Talk it over with a prayer partner or someone you trust and confide in who will be honest with you.
- Pray for your ministry idea some more.
- See what others think about your website ideas and plans. Get feedback, both positive and negative. Wise counsel.
- Look at websites similar to what you have in mind to gather ideas.
- There are a lot of responsibilities involved to start your ministry.
- Is God calling you to do this, or are you possibly doing it for the wrong reason, perhaps selfish or self-seeking?
- Make sure that when you start your ministry it is Bible-based and does not go against the principles of the word of God.
More Ideas To Start Your Ministry! First, Ask God In Prayer!
- Make sure you have a passion for your ministry.
- Some experience is helpful but not 100% necessary. If God is leading you, he will provide what you need.
- Understand that much work and commitment is involved in making an actual website ministry.
- Consider getting some support to help you along the way.
- Talk it over with someone to get some advice and feedback. Count your costs of time, energy, money, etc.
- If you do not have website experience, do some research ahead of time or ask a friend or possibly hire someone who can help you.
- Decide whether to move forward with your ideas or not?
- Think of a catchy, descriptive name to call your ministry.
- Below, I have listed many good ideas to consider when starting your website.
- Any questions I might be able to help you with, Contact Us. Keep on praying!
Start Your Ministry To What Ever Degree You Wish!
Plans On How To Build A Website For Your Ministry
- Pray about everything
- Find a purpose or reason the will meet the needs of others.
- Create a website, get a domain name, and keep the name of your site relatively short and easy to remember.
- Go to Godaddy.com and buy a domain name to match your ministry name.
- I would suggest using a WordPress.com website with a Godaddy.com package.
- Purchase business cards to advertise your new site. I suggest Vistaprint.com 5,000 cards for a little over $100. Glossy, two-sided color. Great way to get the word out!
- Get on social media like Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Get good quality photos for your website, and you can get free ones I suggest at Pixabay.com.
- Get at least the free version of Grammarly.com because a website with poor grammar reflects on the ministry.
- Use “Broken link finder” to see if any links are broken, which is bad for those visiting your website. Use Brokenlinkcheck.com
- Consider also using Attracta.com to ensure that you do not have any broken links on your site, which Google would penalize you for.
- I suggest using Biblegateway.com for the biblical resources I used from their site.
- I also suggest using Gotquestions.org for great information resources about God and the Christian faith.
- Use YouTube videos to help emphasize the points you are making on your pages.
- Add Google language translator WordPress.org/plugins/google-language-translator.
- Link up with other websites that will also emphasize the points you are trying to get across.
- Add a drop-down menu to your site. Pick out color schemes and designs.
- Find someone like a friend who can edit your work for free or at a low cost.
- Get your plans put down on paper about how you want the website to look.
- Continue to pray for your ideas and also other plans associated with the ministry.
- Get the word out with your email list, telling others what you are doing.
- Ask others to check out your ideas and plans for a website or possibly take a class to learn more about sites.
- Consider putting a bumper sticker on your car or a sign in your yard to promote your new website.
- Again, feel free to contact me if you have any questions that I might help you with.
The Great Commission is intended for you and me. I encourage you to seriously consider the idea to start your ministry, and talk to your pastor or another mature Christian to get their advice too.
Matthew 28:19-20 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”
Everything You Do Is A Ministry When You Do It For God!
Some Specific Scriptures To Encourage You:
2 Timothy 2:15 ESV
Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who has no need to be ashamed, rightly handling the word of truth.
Romans 10:13-15 ESV
For “everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.” How then will they call on him in whom they have not believed? And how are they to believe in him of whom they have never heard? And how are they to hear without someone preaching? And how are they to preach unless they are sent? As it is written, “How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the good news!”
1 Timothy 4:12 ESV
Let no one despise you for your youth, but set the believers an example in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith, in purity.
Acts 20:24 ESV
But I do not account my life of any value nor as precious to myself, if only I may finish my course and the ministry that I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify to the gospel of the grace of God.
Hebrews 13:7 ESV
Remember your leaders, those who spoke to you the word of God. Consider the outcome of their way of life, and imitate their faith.
2 Corinthians 4:1 ESV
Therefore, having this ministry by the mercy of God, we do not lose heart.
2 Timothy 4:5 ESV
As for you, always be sober-minded, endure suffering, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry.
Galatians 5:13 ESV
For you were called to freedom, brothers. Only do not use your freedom as an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another.
Isaiah 6:8 ESV
And I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?” Then I said, “Here I am! Send me.”
Find Hope And Encouragement From Our Links!
- If you just started believing in God, we have a page specifically for you.
- If you are dealing with anger, stress, or depression, we have information that can help you.
- We have phone helplines, website links, and YouTube videos.
- You can learn more about us, our goals, and our purpose.
- If you have a drug/alcohol problem, or if you want to get right with God, you are at the right place!
- If you need to talk to someone right away, you can call 800-633-3446 or click here.
- Finally, if you have any questions or want to get on our email list, just let us know.