How To Start Your Ministry?
Please contact us if you have any questions or comments, or would just like some encouragement?
I first met Bev Shea while in Chicago when he was on Moody Radio. As a young man starting my ministry, I asked Bev if he would join me. He said yes, and for over 60 years, we had the privilege of ministering together across the country and around the world. ~ Billy Graham
Start Your Own Ministry Lead By God!
Start Your Own Ministry
We Are All Called To Share The Gospel!
I encourage you to consider starting your ministry if you are sure that is God’s leading. First, find various ideas on how to go about it. Your ministry can be merely sharing God’s word by talking with others or handing out tracts and cards.
If you are a Christian, which means you are following the teachings of Jesus Christ, you will understand that God instructs each one of us to share the gospel with others (not just pastors and church leaders).
I encourage you to consider starting your ministry if you are sure that is God’s leading. First, consider various ideas on how to go about it. Your ministry can be merely sharing God’s word by talking with others or handing out tracts and cards.
Make sure you start with your own family and friends. (although family and friends can sometimes be the hardest to share the good news with). But do not let that stop you. There is a scripture that says to be at peace with all people as far as it depends on you, but keep in mind that everyone will not run towards Jesus, and some will resist, so be wise as a serpent yet peaceful as a dove when sharing God’s Word.
Start Your Ministry In What Ever Degree You Wish!
What To Do:
If You Feel Led By God Then Start Your Ministry!
- First, and most importantly, this is to pray about your ideas about actually starting a ministry before you even go to #2.
- Make sure your heart is in the right place before you consider how to start your ministry.
- Make sure you are starting the ministry for the right reasons.
- Talk it over with a prayer partner, or someone you trust and can confide in who will be honest with you.
- Pray for your ministry idea some more.
- See what others think about your website ideas and plans. Get feedback, both positive and negative. Wise counsel.
- Look at other websites that are similar to what you have in mind to gather ideas.
- There are a lot of responsibilities involved to start your ministry.
- I mean, is God calling you to do this, or are you possibly doing it for the wrong reason, perhaps selfish or self-seeking?
- Make sure that your ministry is Bible-based and does not go against the principles of the word of God in any way.
A Few More Ideas For Starting Your Ministry!
First, Ask God In Prayer!
- Make sure you have a passion for your ministry.
- Some experience is helpful, but not 100% necessary, if God is leading you, he will provide what you need.
- Understand there is a lot of work and commitment involved to make a real website ministry.
- Consider getting some support to help you along the way.
- Talk it over with someone to get some advice and feedback. Count your costs of time, energy, money, etc.
- If you do not have website experience, do some research ahead of time or ask a friend or possibly hire someone who can help you.
- Decide whether to move forward with your ideas or not?
- Think of a catchy, descriptive name to call your ministry.
- Below, I have listed many good ideas to consider when starting your website.
- Any questions that I might be able to help you with Contact Us. Keep on praying!
Everything You Do Is A Ministry When You Do It For God!
Here Are Some Helpful Links:
- How can I know if I have received a call to ministry?
- How can I overcome ministry burnout?
- What is a Christian ministry?
- What is pastoral care?
- Why was Jesus’ ministry so short?
Plans On How To Build A Website For Your Ministry
- Pray about everything, such as making the name of your site relatively short and easy to remember.
- Go to Godaddy.com and buy a domain name to match your ministry name.
- I would suggest using a WordPress.com website that comes with a Godaddy package.
- Purchase business cards to advertise your new site I suggest Vistaprint.com 5,000 cards for a little over $100. Glossy, two-sided, color. Great way to get the word out!
- Also, get on social media, such as Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Get good quality photos for your website, and you can get free ones I suggest at Pixabay.com.
- Get at least the free version of Grammarly.com because a website with poor grammar reflects on the ministry.
- Use “Broken link finder” on to see if any links are broken, which are bad for those visiting your website. Use