How To Start Your Ministry?
Please contact us if you have any questions or comments or want some encouragement.
I encourage you to start your own ministry. You do not need to attend Bible school or have any degree. You do not need a website. You do not need to have money to start your ministry. All you need to do is to be prompted by the Lord to begin your ministry. That is what I did back in 2007 when I was going through a divorce that got me very depressed. My pastor Ron Sauer and his wife, Sue Sauer, saw how depressed I was, and they encouraged me to try to inspire others. That is how this ministry, NeedEncouragement.com started. Any service to others with the prompting of God can be considered a ministry. You could pick whatever comes to your heart to do. You could write letters to people in nursing homes or prisons. You could baby site for a couple struggling in their marriage so they could have a date night with each other. Use your imagination and pray to God to give you a ministry of your own. Bottom line, a ministry can be anything you can do to be a blessing to others. ~ Bill Greguska
Start Your Own Ministry Lead By God!
Here Are Some Helpful Links:
Start Your Own Ministry. We Are All Called To Share The Gospel!
I encourage you to consider starting your ministry if you are sure it is God’s leading. First, find various ideas on how to go about it. Your ministry can merely share God’s word by talking with others or handing out tracts and cards.
If you are a Christian, which means you are following the teachings of Jesus Christ, you will understand that God instructs each of us to share the gospel with others (not just pastors and church leaders).
I encourage you to consider starting your ministry if you are sure it is God’s leading. First, consider various ideas on how to go about it. Your ministry can merely share God’s word by talking with others or handing out tracts and cards.
Make sure you start with your own family and friends. (although family and friends can sometimes be the hardest to share the good news with). But do not let that stop you. Scripture says to be at peace with all people as far as it depends on you, but keep in mind that everyone will not run towards Jesus, and some will resist, so be wise as a serpent yet peaceful as a dove when sharing God’s Word.
Start Your Ministry In What Ever Degree You Wish!
What To Do If You Feel Led By God? Start Your Ministry!
- First, and most importantly, this is to pray about your ideas about actually starting a ministry before you even go to #2.
- Make sure your heart is in the right place before considering how to start your ministry.
- Make sure you are starting the ministry for the right reasons.
- Talk it over with a prayer partner or someone you trust and confide in who will be honest with you.
- Pray for your ministry idea some more.
- See what others think about your website ideas and plans. Get feedback, both positive and negative. Wise counsel.
- Look at websites similar to what you have in mind to gather ideas.
- There are a lot of responsibilities involved in starting your ministry.
- Is God calling you to do this, or are you possibly doing it for the wrong reason, perhaps selfish or self-seeking?
- Make sure your ministry is Bible-based and does not go against the principles of the word of God.
A Few More Ideas For Starting Your Ministry! First, Ask God In Prayer!
- Make sure you have a passion for your ministry.
- Some experience is helpful but not 100% necessary. If God is leading you, he will provide what you need.
- Understand that much work and commitment is involved in making an actual website ministry.
- Consider getting some support to help you along the way.
- Talk it over with someone to get some advice and feedback. Count your costs of time, energy, money, etc.
- If you do not have website experience, do some research ahead of time or ask a friend or possibly hire someone who can help you.
- Decide whether to move forward with your ideas or not?
- Think of a catchy, descriptive name to call your ministry.
- Below, I have listed many good ideas to consider when starting your website.
- Any questions I might be able to help you with, Contact Us. Keep on praying!
Everything You Do Is A Ministry When You Do It For God!
Plans On How To Build A Website For Your Ministry
- Pray about everything, such as making the name of your site relatively short and easy to remember.
- Go to Godaddy.com and buy a domain name to match your ministry name.
- I would suggest using a WordPress.com website with a Godaddy package.
- Purchase business cards to advertise your new site. I suggest Vistaprint.com 5,000 cards for a little over $100. Glossy, two-sided color. Great way to get the word out!
- Get on social media like Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Get good quality photos for your website, and you can get free ones I suggest at Pixabay.com.
- Get at least the free version of Grammarly.com because a website with poor grammar reflects on the ministry.
- Use “Broken link finder” to see if any links are broken, which is bad for those visiting your website. Use Brokenlinkcheck.com
- Consider also using Attracta.com to ensure that you do not have any broken links on your site, which Google would penalize you for.
- I suggest using Biblegateway.com for the biblical resources I used from their site.
- I also suggest using Gotquestions.org for great information resources about God and the Christian faith.
A Few More Ideas For Building A Website!
- Use Youtube videos to help emphasize the points you are making on your pages.
- Add Google language translator WordPress.org/plugins/google-language-translator.
- Link up with other websites that will also emphasize the points you are trying to get across.
- Add a drop-down menu to your site. Pick out color schemes and designs.
- Find someone like a friend who can edit your work for free or at a low cost.
- Get your plans put down on paper about how you want the website to look.
- Continue to pray for your ideas and also other plans associated with the ministry.
- Get the word out with your email list, telling others what you are doing.
- Ask others to check out your ideas and plans for a website or possibly take a class to learn more about sites.
- Consider putting a bumper sticker on your car or a sign in your yard to promote your new website.
- Again, feel free to contact me if you have any questions that I might help you with.
The Great Commission is intended for you and me. I encourage you to seriously consider the idea of starting your ministry and talk to your pastor or another mature Christian to get their advice too.
Matthew 28:19-20 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”
Find Hope And Encouragement From Our Links!
- If you just started believing in God, we have a page specifically for you.
- If you are dealing with anger, stress, or depression, we have information that can help you.
- We have phone helplines, website links, and YouTube videos.
- You can learn more about us, our goals, and our purpose.
- If you have a drug/alcohol problem, or if you want to get right with God, you are at the right place!
- If you need to talk to someone right away, you can call 800-633-3446 or click here.
- Finally, if you have any questions or want to get on our email list, just let us know.
For Encouragement, Call 1-800-633-3446 or Chat