Christian Self Help Quotes
Please contact us if you have any questions or comments or would just like some encouragement?
You will find quotes below that have been used by either famous non-Christians or Christians that have been extracted from the Bible.
Think about it for a minute and you will realize that the quotes and saying that you use regularly and I am sure many of them have a basis from the Bible. God’s word is full of wisdom, truth, strength, and love. ~ Bill Greguska
Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.
More Christian Quotes
Be A Good Friend
Be More Friendly
What Is Love?
Visit All Our Pages
How To Pray?
Video On How To Pray More Effectively?
How To Find A Good Church?
Free Christian Counseling
Compare The Quotes Below With The Related Scriptures!
1. “Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe.” – Abraham Lincoln
“If the ax is dull and its edge unsharpened, more strength is needed, but skill will bring success.” – Ecclesiastes 10:10 (NIV)
2. “As he thinks, so he is; as he continues to think, so he remains.” – James Allen
3. “Love is the only force capable of transforming an enemy into a friend.” – Martin Luther King
“You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you – Matthew 5:43-44 (NIV)
5. “Do not wait; the time will never be ‘just right’. Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along”. – Napoleon Hill
“Farmers who wait for perfect weather never plant. If they watch every cloud, they never harvest.” – Ecclesiastes 11:4 (NLT)
6. “Worry pretends to be necessary but serves no useful purpose” – Eckhart Tolle
“Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?” – Matthew 6:25-34 (NIV)
7. “He who fails to plan is planning to fail.” – Sir Winston Churchill
8. “You get out of life what you put into it.” – Sean “Puffy Combs”
“Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows.” – Galatians 6:7 (NLT)
9. “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” – Thomas A. Edison
“Sow your seed in the morning, and at evening let your hands not be idle, for you do not know which will succeed, whether this or that, or whether both will do equally well.” – Ecclesiastes 11:6 (NIV)
10. “When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself.” – Wayne Dyer
“For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.” – Matthew 7:2 (NIV)
11. “Don’t waste another minute dealing with a toxic, negative, energy-draining person. Some people are wired for negativity. They love being argumentative, combative and abusive. Run for your life as quickly as possible.” – Les Brown
“Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it.” – Proverbs 4:23 (NLT)
12. “Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy.” – Leo F. Buscaglia
“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.” – Matthew 6:34 (NLT)
12. “Everyone seems to have a clear idea of how other people should lead their lives, but none about his or her own.” – Paulo Coelho
“You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.” – Matthew 7:5 (NLT)
13. “Before you speak, listen. Before you write, think. Before you spend, earn. Before you invest, investigate. Before you criticize, wait. Before you pray, forgive. Before you quit, try. Before you retire, save. Before you die, give.” – William A. Ward
“For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; 6and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; and to godliness, mutual affection; and to mutual affection, love. For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9 But whoever does not have them is short-sighted and blind, forgetting that they have been cleansed from their past sins.” – 2 Peter 1:5-9 (NIV)
14. “I hated every minute of training, but I said, ‘don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.” – Muhammad Ali
“No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by It.” – Hebrews 12:11 (NIV)
15. “Days are expensive. When you spend a day you have one less day to spend. So make sure you spend each one wisely.” – Jim Rohn
“Teach us to number our days, that we may gain a heart of wisdom.” – Psalm 90:12 (NIV)
16. “Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.” – J.R.R. Tolkien
“Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see.” – Hebrews 11:1 (NLT)
17. “You only have control over three things in your life—the thoughts you think, the images you visualize, and the actions you take.” – Jack Canfield
“A person without self-control is like a city with broken-down walls.” Proverbs 25:28 (NLT)
18. “Remember that wherever your heart is, there you will find your treasure.” – Paulo Coelho
“But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal.” Matthew 6:20-21 (NLT)
19. “The secret of life, though, is to fall seven times and to get up eight times.” – Paulo Coelho
“For though the righteous fall seven times, they rise again, but the wicked stumble when calamity strikes.” – Proverbs 24:16 (NIV)
20. “People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing – that’s why we recommend it daily.” – Zig Ziglar
“Anxiety weighs down the heart, but a kind word cheers it up.” – Proverbs 12:25 (NIV)
21. “Deliberately seek the company of people who influence you to think and act on building the life you desire.” – Napoleon Hill
“Plans fail for lack of counsel, but with many advisers they succeed.” – Proverbs 15:22 (ASV)
22. “If you want to be successful, find someone who has achieved the results you want and copy what they do and you’ll achieve the same results.” – Tony Robbins
“What has been will be again, what has been done will be done again; there is nothing new under the Sun.” – Ecclesiastes 1:9, New International Version (NIV)
23. “Small daily improvements over time lead to stunning results.” – Robin Sharma
“Whoever can be trusted with very little can also be trusted with much, and whoever is dishonest with very little will also be dishonest with much.” – Luke 16:10-9
24. “Learn how to be happy with what you have while you pursue all that you want.” – Jim Rohn
“I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do all this through him who gives me strength.” – Philippians 4:11-13 (NIV)
25. “Focus on where you want to go, not on what you fear.” – Anthony Robbins
“Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable–if anything is excellent or praiseworthy–think about such things.” – Philippians 4:8 (NIV)
26. “Go hard or go home.” – Unknown
“Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters.” – Colossians 3:23 (NIV)
27. “There’s no way to succeed in business without the highest ethical standards.” – Jordan Belfort
“Dishonest money dwindles away, but whoever gathers money little by little makes it grow.” – Proverbs 13:11 (NIV)
28. “When you rise above the temptation to be dishonest, you do more for your peace of mind than any money can, and you set up positive emotion-habits, which take root in everything you, do.” – Earl Nightingale
“These men lie in wait for their own blood; they ambush only themselves! Such are the paths of all who go after ill-gotten gain; it takes away the life of those who get it.” – Proverbs 1:18-19
29. “It doesn’t matter where you came from. All that matters is where you are going.”- Brian Tracy
“Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past.” – Isaiah 43:18 (NIV)
30. “Fear not death for the sooner we die, the longer we shall be immortal.” – Benjamin Franklin
“Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell.” – Matthew 10:28 (ASV)
31. “He that can have patience can have what he will.” – Benjamin Franklin
“But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently.” – Romans 8:25 (NLT)
32. “The Bible – the wisest document ever known in human existence, which defies the ravages of time and change because it contains the truth that cannot be changed or invalidated.” – Norman Vincent Pearl
“All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.” – 2 Timothy 3:17 (NIV)
33. “To cure worry, spend fifteen minutes daily filling your mind full of God. Worry is just a very bad mental habit. You can change any habit with God’s help.” – Norman Vincent Pearl
“Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.” – Philippians 4:6 (NLT)
34. “Whatever the mind can conceive and believe, it can achieve.” – Napoleon Hill
“He replied, “Because you have so little faith. Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.” – Matthew 17:20 (NLT)
35. “You must find the place inside yourself where nothing is impossible.” – Deepak Chopra
“If you can’?” said Jesus. “Everything is possible for one who believes.” – Mark 9:23 (NIV)
36. “The only difference between a rich person and a poor person is how they use their time.” – Robert Kiyosaki
“A little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding of the hands to rest– and poverty will come on you like a thief and scarcity like an armed man.” – Proverbs 24:34 (NIV)
37. “Challenge whatever you find hardest to do, do with all your heart.” – Dali Lama
“Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters.” – Colossians 3:23 (NLT)
38. “Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much.” – Helen Keller
“The LORD said, “If as one people speaking the same language they have begun to do this, then nothing they plan to do will be impossible for them.” – Genesis 11:6 (NIV)
39. “An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest.” – Benjamin Franklin
“Do not forsake wisdom, and she will protect you; love her, and she will watch over you.” – Proverbs 4:5-6 (NIV)
40. “People are rewarded in public for what they do in private.” – Tony Robbins
“But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.” – Matthew 6:3-4 (NIV)
Quotes source from SmartAndRelentless.com
Some Specific Scriptures To Encourage You:
2 Timothy 1:7 ESV
For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.
2 Timothy 3:16-17 ESV
All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work.
Romans 12:2 ESV
Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.
Philippians 4:13 ESV
I can do all things through him who strengthens me.
Proverbs 3:5-6 ESV
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.
Philippians 2:3 ESV
Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves.
2 Corinthians 5:17 ESV
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come.
Galatians 2:20 ESV
I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.
Luke 1:37 ESV
For nothing will be impossible with God.”
1 Peter 5:7 ESV
Casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you.
1 Samuel 16:7 ESV
But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not look on his appearance or on the height of his stature, because I have rejected him. For the Lord sees not as man sees: man looks on the outward appearance, but the Lord looks on the heart.”
Philippians 4:8 ESV
Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.
Find Hope And Encouragement From Our Links!
- If you just started believing in God, we have a page specifically for you.
- If you are dealing with anger, stress, or depression, we have information to help you.
- We have phone helplines, website links, and YouTube videos.
- Learn more about us, our goals, and our purpose.
- If you have a drug/alcohol problem or want to get right with God, you are at the right place!
- If you need to talk to someone right away, you can call 800-633-3446 or click here.
- Finally, if you have any questions or want to get on our email list, just let us know.
For Encouragement, Call 800-633-3446 or Chat
Leave A Comment