Prejudice Can Be Healed!
Please contact us if you have any questions or comments or would just like some encouragement?
You know that there is much racial prejudice in our country, more than just between blacks and white. It is much deeper than that. This needs to be examined and changed, and with prayer and God’s help, it can be accomplished. God created all of us, and we all have red blood. One race = The Human race! Here are some encouraging scriptures about prejudice. ~ Bill Greguska
The stance I took was there is no room for racial bias anywhere in sports. I believe that was all I said about it. Certainly, I was cast as an abolitionist. Death threats came. Hate mail came. ~ Barry Larkin
Romans 12:10 Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves.
One of the Best Videos Opposing Critical Race Theory that you’ll ever see.
Here are two insightful YouTube videos on racism, prejudice
- One hour 24 minutes Slavery By Another Name – YouTube.
- Eleven minutes Dr. Joy Degruy On Empathy for Black People in America – YouTube.
Martin Luther King Jr. Breaking Racial Prejudice
My Story Growing Up With Racial Prejudice
I share this story with you to prove a point. Anyone or anything we are unfamiliar with can (and usually does) cause us to be uncomfortable to some degree. That is where prejudice, fear, and distrust breed and grow. Ignorance fuels the flames of intolerance and even anger. The way to overcome it is to talk to God about it and get to know one another!
You are not the only person with racial bias. Racial problems are common in the United States. We are all wired with some bias or prejudice at one time or another because of our sinful nature. I was raised in an entirely white neighborhood. I didn’t know a black person until I was a freshman at Pius XI high school and met my first black friend, Clifford Walker.
Clifford and I talked deeper than just talking about our favorite sports teams. We grew and learned from one another. Clifford and I both played on the same basketball team, and our common denominator was just that, basketball. After a couple of years on the same team, we both knew our skin color was different, but we had the same blood color.
Yes, Clifford was raised differently than I was, but that is par for the course with any relationship. We knew that our goal on the basketball court was the same, to win the conference championship—and we quickly learned that we could win the title if we focused on what we had in common instead of how we were different.
Meeting the starting guard Clifford and getting to know him was the best way to eliminate lies I heard about black people back in 1975. ~ Bill Greguska
BASICS Ministry Is Doing Something About Racial Prejudice!
Positive Ways Of Melting Away Years Of Racial Prejudice
What specific practical ways can we love one another, especially if someone is different ethnically, politically, spiritually, or any other way than us?
- Ask questions about them rather than start by talking about myself.
- Love one another warmly as Christians, and be eager to show respect for one another.
- Spend time with them, listen to their hearts, and pray for and with them.
- Try to love people in my strength or allow Jesus to love people through me.
- Ask how I can pray for them. Take time to listen.
- Am I branching out intentionally to be with others different than ourselves?
- Treat each person we encounter as if we were greeting Jesus Christ!
- Sitting with someone, dining with them, hearing their story.
- Ask God to help us to love them unconditionally as He loves me!
What About Racial Prejudice?
Prejudice Does Not Serve Any Good Purpose!
If you have a racial prejudice against any race, I pray that you will be willing to let it go!
John 13:34-35 “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this, everyone will know that you are my disciples if you love one another.”
Although because of our sinful nature and fear and the way our parents have brought us up and influence via the media, false pre-judgments have gotten into each one of our lives to some degree.
I am saying that it does not have to continue! God has given us knowledge and wisdom to overcome racial prejudice, and the Holy Spirit can change your life because of God’s word in the Bible.
Understand What Black Lives Matter Stands For?
Here Are Some Helpful Links:
- Are there references to racism in the Bible?
- Does the Bible say anything about diversity?
- How did the origin of the different races begin?
- How should a Christian view the civil rights movement?
- What does the Bible say about racism, prejudice, and discrimination?
Related Pages Of Encouragement:
A Special Link for a Little Extra Encouragement
Take Your Challenge One Step Further:
Perhaps through your church or a friend, get to know someone of a different race.
- If you are white, make friends with a black person.
- If you are black, make friends with a white person.
- As you pursue this challenge, you will see the other person as a potential friend, not someone to be afraid of.
Martin Luther King Preaches The Importance Of Love!!! Do You Want To Hear What He Has to Say? Click Here!
Matthew 7:1 “Do not judge, or you too will be judged.
Ten Ideas To Help Know Your New Friend From Another Race
(and get to know them more deeply than what their favorite sports team is)
- Would you please get to know about their family and religious values?
- Learn about some of the racial experiences they lived through while growing up.
- What are they most passionate about?
- What do you fear the most?
- Ask them to clarify any prejudices that they might have picked up during their life.
- Ask them if you could pray for them in any specific way.
- Share with them about yourself on a deeper level (some of the same topics above).
- Treat them as you would treat any other friend or acquaintance.
- Try to keep good eye contact, acknowledging what the other person is sharing with you.
- Thank them for sharing and being willing to start this new friendship with you.
Who Are More In Favor Of Racial Prejudice?
What If My Problems Seem Out Of Control?
Find Hope And Encouragement From Our Links!
- If you just started believing in God, we have a page specifically for you.
- If you are dealing with anger, stress, or depression, we have information to help you.
- We have phone helplines, website links, youtube videos.
- You can learn more about us and our goals, and our purpose.
- If you have a drug/alcohol problem or if you want to get right with God, you are at the right place!
- If you need to talk to someone right away, you can call 800-633-3446 or click here.
- Finally, if you have any questions or want to get on our email list, just let us know.
For Encouragement Call 1-800-633-3446 or Chat