Prejudice Can Be Healed With An Open Mind And Heart!
Please contact us if you have any questions, comments if you have any questions or comments or want some encouragement.
You know that there is much racial prejudice in our country, more than just between blacks and white. It is much deeper than that. This needs to be examined and changed, and with prayer and God’s help, it can be accomplished. God created all of us, and we all have red blood.
There is only one race = The Human race! Our parents and other influences in our lives have corrupted some of our thinking and with the luring of Satan, peoples hearts have hardened to some degree, but with God all things are possible which means the power of prejudice can be broken with prayer and commitment to God. ~ Bill Greguska
Romans 12:10 Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves.
Acts Of Kindness
Love Your Enemies
Visit All Our Pages
How To Pray?
Video On How To Pray More Effectively?
How To Find A Good Church?
Free Christian Counseling
Martin Luther King Jr. Breaking Racial Prejudice
One of the Best Videos on Opposing Critical Race Theory you’ll ever see.
Here are two insightful YouTube videos on racism, prejudice
- One hour 24 minutes Slavery By Another Name – YouTube.
- Eleven minutes Dr. Joy Degruy On Empathy for Black People in America – YouTube.
Prejudice Is Not From God!
My Story of Growing Up With Racial Prejudice
I share this story with you to prove a point. Anyone or anything we are unfamiliar with can (and usually does) cause us to be uncomfortable. That is where prejudice, fear, and distrust breed and grow. Ignorance fuels the flames of intolerance and even anger. The way to overcome it is to talk to God about it and get to know one another! You are not the only person with racial bias. Racial problems are common in the United States. We are all wired with some bias or prejudice at one time or another because of our sinful nature. I was raised in an entirely white neighborhood. I didn’t know a black person until I was a freshman at Pius XI high school and met my first black friend, Clifford Walker.
Clifford and I talked deeper than just talking about our favorite sports teams. We grew and learned from one another. Clifford and I played on the same basketball team, and our common denominator was basketball. After a couple of years on the same team, we both knew our skin color was different, but we had the same blood color. Yes, Clifford was raised differently than I was, but that is par for the course with any relationship. We knew that our goal on the basketball court was the same, to win the conference championship—and we quickly learned that we could win the title if we focused on what we had in common instead of how we were different. Meeting the starting guard Clifford and getting to know him was the best way to eliminate lies I heard about black people back in 1975. ~ Bill Greguska
BASICS Ministry Is Doing Something About Racial Prejudice!
Positive Ways Of Melting Away Years Of Racial Prejudice
What practical ways can we love one another, especially if someone is different ethnically, politically, spiritually, or in any other manner than us?
- Ask questions about them rather than start by talking about myself.
- Love one another warmly as Christians, and be eager to show respect for one another.
- Spend time with them, listen to their hearts, and pray for and with them.
- Try to love people in my strength or allow Jesus to love people through me.
- Ask how I can pray for them. Take time to listen.
- Am I branching out intentionally to be with others different than ourselves?
- Treat each person we encounter as if we were greeting Jesus Christ! I was sitting with someone, dining with them, hearing their story.
- Ask God to help us to love them unconditionally as He loves me!
Mark Mallwitz from BASICS Ministry in Milwaukee, Wisconsin
What About Racial Prejudice?
Prejudice Does Not Serve Any Good Purpose!
If you have a racial prejudice against any race, I pray you will be willing to let it go!
John 13:34-35 “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this, everyone will know that you are my disciples if you love one another.”
Although because of our sinful nature and fear and how our parents have brought us up and influenced us via the media, false pre-judgments have gotten into each one of our lives to some degree. I am saying that it does not have to continue! God has given us knowledge and wisdom to overcome racial prejudice, and the Holy Spirit can change your life because of God’s word in the Bible.
Understand What Black Lives Matter Stands For?
Here Are Some Helpful Links:
- Are there references to racism in the Bible?
- Does the Bible say anything about diversity?
- How did the origin of the different races begin?
- How should a Christian view the civil rights movement?
- What does the Bible say about racism, prejudice, and discrimination?
Take Your Challenge One Step Further:
Perhaps through your church or a friend, get to know someone of a different race.
- If you are white, make friends with a black person.
- If you are black, make friends with a white person.
- As you pursue this challenge, you will see the other person as a potential friend, not someone to be afraid of.
Martin Luther King Preaches The Importance Of Love!!!
Do You Want To Hear What He Has to Say? Click Here!
Matthew 7:1 “Do not judge, or you too will be judged.
No Matter What Race You Are, We Are All In The Human Race!
Ten Ideas To Help Know Your New Friend From Another Race
(and get to know them more deeply than what their favorite sports team is)
- Would you please learn about their family and religious values?
- Learn about some of their racial experiences while growing up.
- What are they most passionate about?
- What do you fear the most?
- Ask them to clarify any prejudices they might have picked up during their life.
- Ask them if you could pray for them in any specific way.
- Share with them about yourself on a deeper level (some of the same topics above).
- Treat them as you would treat any other friend or acquaintance.
- Keep good eye contact, acknowledging what the other person shares with you.
- Thank them for sharing and being willing to start this new friendship with you.
Who Are More In Favor Of Racial Prejudice?
Some Specific Scriptures To Encourage You:
John 7:24 ESV
Do not judge by appearances, but judge with right judgment.
Galatians 3:28 ESV
There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is no male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.
Ephesians 4:32 ESV
Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.
Matthew 7:1-5 ESV
“Judge not, that you be not judged. For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will be measured to you. Why do you see the speck that is in your brother’s eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when there is the log in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother’s eye.
John 13:34-35 ESV
A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another. By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
Colossians 3:11 ESV
Here there is not Greek and Jew, circumcised and uncircumcised, barbarian, Scythian, slave, free; but Christ is all, and in all.
Ephesians 6:9 ESV
Masters, do the same to them, and stop your threatening, knowing that he who is both their Master and yours is in heaven, and that there is no partiality with him.
Acts 10:34 ESV
So Peter opened his mouth and said: “Truly I understand that God shows no partiality,
Mark 12:31 ESV
The second is this: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no other commandment greater than these.”
1 Samuel 16:7 ESV
But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not look on his appearance or on the height of his stature, because I have rejected him. For the Lord sees not as man sees: man looks on the outward appearance, but the Lord looks on the heart.”
Acts 10:34-35 ESV
So Peter opened his mouth and said: “Truly I understand that God shows no partiality, but in every nation anyone who fears him and does what is right is acceptable to him.
Romans 2:11 ESV
For God shows no partiality.
Romans 10:12-13 ESV
For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek; for the same Lord is Lord of all, bestowing his riches on all who call on him. For “everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”
John 13:34 ESV
A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.
Micah 6:8 ESV
He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?
Find Hope And Encouragement From Our Links!
- If you just started believing in God, we have a page specifically for you.
- If you are dealing with anger, stress, or depression, we have information to help you.
- We have phone helplines, website links, and YouTube videos.
- You can learn more about our goals and purpose.
- If you have a drug/alcohol problem or want to get right with God, you are at the right place!
- If you need to talk to someone right away, you can call 800-633-3446 or click here.
- Finally, if you have any questions or want to get on our email list, just let us know.
For Encouragement, Call 1-800-633-3446 or Chat