How To Be A Good Friend!
Please contact us if you have any questions or comments or would just like some encouragement?
If you’re going through friendship issues, I would say, first of all, take a step back. How important is friendship to you? Sometimes, if someone’s not being a good friend to you and isn’t treating you the way you should be treated, then you kind of have to move on sometimes. ~ Victoria Justice
Psalm 41:9-11 Even my close friend, someone I trusted, one who shared my bread, has turned against me. But may you have mercy on me, Lord; raise me up, that I may repay them. I know that you are pleased with me, for my enemy does not triumph over me.
How To Be A Good Friend!
A Good Friend Is A Treasure!
To Have Good Friends, You Need To Be A Good Friend!
Think about it; it does take a certain amount of effort to be a good friend. There is a balance of reaching out to the needs of your friend and making them a priority in your life, at the same time, making sure your needs are met to some extent.
If you have a good friend, consider yourself fortunate. Determine if you are as good a friend to others as you want them to be to you. Keep in mind that there are friends that come in and out of your life, but true friends have a way of leaving lasting footprints on your heart.
People generally do not put a high enough value on how to be a good friend. You’ll find some ideas on how to be a good friend to others on this page.
Do you want to be a good friend? It is a situation of giving and taking, yet there ought to be no one keeping a record.
Are You A Good Friend?
Remember To Do On To Others!
There are different levels of friendship, just like there are varying levels of love. It starts at a level of acquaintances, which leads to friendship, which then turns into a close friendship or even best friends.
The word friend is tossed around very quickly, yet real friends are hard to come by and are precious. The amount of time a person knows the other person affected the quality of friendship.
Two Questions To Get You Thinking
- Who do you feel a need to connect with, in a more profound way?
- Who have you been avoiding because you feel conflict with recently?
A Special Poem To Share:
There is a poem by Albert Camus that I learned when I was very young that stuck in my head for many years.
Make new friends but keep the old, the new are silver, and the old are gold.
Through experiences in my life, I realized that the people I would tend to consider being a good friend to someone it would mean to have something in common with me. This could come in the form of school, basketball, baseball, work, mutual friends, etc.
The way to have a good friend is to try to be a good friend, to others. ~ Bill Greguska
Excellent Tips And Questions To Get Conversations Started!
There Is Nothing Like A Good Friend!
- What is your favorite sport, and why is it your favorite?
- How could you describe yourself to someone on the phone who you never met?
- What are a couple of your talents that you have (don’t be shy)?
- What are the top five things that you’d like to accomplish before you die?
- Talk about a very birthday you once had, and why was it so happy?
- How would you describe the characteristics of a wonderful person?
- What was one of the best birthday present you ever got?
- What do you like most to do in your spare time?
- If you were given $10,000, how would you do with it, and why?
- If you could be a professional in anything, what would it be, and why?
Start Getting People To Talk About Themselves!
- Is there anything that parents owe their children?
- Is there anything children owe their parents?
- How do you keep your temper under control?
- When are times that you tend to feel lonely and why?
- List two main qualities that you look for most in a friend?
- Is there anything you don’t like that much about yourself?
- What would you do differently in your life if you could?
- If you were taking a trip around the world, what five people would you take with you, and why?
Be An Active Listener As Well As A Polite Talker!
- When you day-dream, what do you day-dream about usually?
- Do you think you have a good sense of humor, and if so, why do you say that?
- If you were told you have only one week to live, how would you spend the week?
- What kind of movies do you like to watch and why?
- If you got lost in the woods and all of a sudden it got dark, what would you do?
- Talk about some of the best things you like best about going to movies?
- What is your definition of a happy marriage?
- What are your two most favorite types of pets, and why?
- If you could have anything in the world for your birthday, what would you want?
- What are five things that are most important to you in your life?
What If My Problems Seem Out Of Control?
Find Hope And Encouragement From Our Links!
- If you just started believing in God, we have a page specifically for you.
- If you are dealing with anger, stress, or depression, we have information that can be of help to you.
- We have phone helplines, website links, youtube videos.
- You can learn more about us and our goals and our purpose.
- If you have a drug/alcohol problem, or if you want to get right with God you are at the right place!
- If you need to talk to someone right away, you can call 800-633-3446 or click here.
- Finally, if you have any questions, or would like to get on our email list, just let us know.
For Encouragement Call 1-800-633-3446 or Chat