How To Be A Good Friend?
A Good Friend Is A Treasure!
Think about it, it does take a certain amount of effort to be a good friend. There is a balance of reaching out to the needs of your friend and making them a priority in your life, at the same time making sure your needs are met to some extent.
Do you want to be a good friend? It is a situation of giving and taking, yet there ought to be no one keeping a record.
Are You A Good Friend?
There are different levels of friendship just like there are varying levels of love. It starts off at a level of acquaintances, which lead to friendship, which then turns into a close friendship or even best friends.
The word friend is tossed around very quickly, yet real friends are hard to come by and are precious. The amount of time a person knows the other person had an effect on the quality of friendship.
A Special Poem I Like To Share
There is a poem by Albert Camus that I learned when I was very young that stuck in my head for many years. Make new friends but keep the old, the new are silver, and the old are gold.
Through experiences in my life, I realized that the people I would tend to consider being a good friend with someone it would seem to have something in common with me. This could come in the form of school, basketball, baseball, work, mutual friends, etc.
The way to have a good friend is to try to be a good friend to others. ~ Bill Greguska
Here are some helpful links:
- How can a friend stick closer than a brother (Proverbs 18:24)?
- How can I evangelize my friends and family without pushing them away?
- Qualities involved in having good friendships?
- What does the Bible say about friends?
- What is true friendship according to the Bible?
To Be A Good Friend You Must Learn To Deal With Conflict!
I just want to be a good friend to people, that’s all. ~ Kirsten Dunst
Proverbs 18:24 One who has unreliable friends soon comes to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother.
- Build relationships one at a time.
- Be friendly and make a connection.
- Ask people questions.
- Tell people about yourself.
- Go places and do things.
- Accept people the way they are.
- Assume other people want to form relationships, too.
- Overcome your fear of rejection.
- Invite people to get involved.
- Enjoy people.
Be A Good Friend, And You Will Have Good Friends!
What If My Problems Seem Out Of Control?
We Pray You Find Hope And Encouragement From Our Links!
- If you just started believing in God, we have a page specifically for you.
- If you are dealing with anger, stress, or depression, we have information that can be of help to you.
- We have phone helplines, website links, you tube videos.
- You can learn more about us and our goals and our purpose.
- If you have a drug/alcohol problem, or if you just want to get right with God you are at the right place!
- If you need to talk to someone right away, you can call 800-633-3446 or click here.
- Finally, if you have any questions, or would like to get on our email list, just let us know.
Related Pages Of Encouragement:
A Special Link for a Little Extra Encouragement
How To Be A Good Friend And Find A Good Friend?
Six Indicators That You Are A Good Friend.
- You can be counted on, even if you have not talked to them or seen them in a while. When times get tough, you are one of the first to help or console others.
- You are proud of your friends and support them, especially in times of difficulty or distress.
- You stand up for them when they have a problem. This doesn’t mean you fight their battles or beat up everyone, but if someone is talking bad about them or about someone you love, or if another person has wronged them, you are willing to stand up for them.
- Lift up others and listen and also speak to them if they need encouragement.
- Respect others and don’t make jokes at their expense or laugh at them.
- You forgive and you accept sincere apologies and don’t make them beg you for forgiveness. You don’t hold grudges.
Look Up And Find Out How To Be A Good Friend?
How To Be A Good Friend To Others In Your Life!
- Remember – Even if someone is smiling on the outside they may be hurting on the inside.
- When you ask someone “How are you??? Truly take the time to listen to their response. See what is going on.
- Relationships take time and effort. Even if it’s a phone call, a card, meeting for coffee or just an email or text saying I am thinking of you and praying for you today!
- That can mean the world to someone just to know they are not alone in this world.
- Life can throw a lot of pain and punches in people’s lives, some of their decisions, some that were totally out of their control.
- But either way, take time today to be a friend, that listening ear, a shoulder to lean on.
- God can use us to bring hope and be a blessing in people’s lives and one day. You may just be the one on that receiving end. ~ Peg G
For Encouragement Call 1-800-633-3446 or Chat
Please contact us if you have any questions or comments or would just like some encouragement?
If you’re going through friendship issues, I would say, first of all, take a step back. How important is the friendship to you? Sometimes, if someone’s not being a good friend to you and isn’t treating you the way you should be treated, then you kind of have to move on sometimes. ~ Victoria Justice
Psalm 41:9-11 Even my close friend, someone I trusted, one who shared my bread, has turned against me. But may you have mercy on me, Lord; raise me up, that I may repay them. I know that you are pleased with me, for my enemy does not triumph over me.