What Is Involved With Falling In Love?
Please contact us if you have questions or comments or want encouragement.
When a couple falls in love slowly, that is a good sign! A romance that is too quick is a recipe for trouble. Do not allow simply physical attraction to be your motivation; make sure the person you would like to date is to be spiritually like-minded and that they have similar interests.
Falling in love is lovely, but more importantly, staying in love! Also, be sure they are a match for your personality and the values that you hold. A relationship based solely on romance and physical attraction is bound to fail in time and heartache. ~ Bill Greguska
Ephesians 5:3 But among you there must not be even a hint of sexual immorality, or of any kind of impurity, or of greed because these are improper for God’s holy people.
Sex Is For Marriage
What Is Love?
Visit All Our Pages
How To Pray?
Video On How To Pray More Effectively?
How To Find A Good Church?
Free Christian Counseling
Do You Think You Are Falling In Love?
Specific Relationship Resource Links:
Here Are Some Helpful Links:
- Are we supposed to be actively looking for a spouse?
- How can I know if I am in love?
- Should I expect any sure thing when looking for a wife?
- What does the Bible say about falling in love?
- What should I be looking for in a husband?
Falling In Love!
God has wired us to be relational beings, one man with one woman. Falling in love and being in love are beautiful gifts from God. From the beginning of time, God had in mind real mature love and respect connected with commitment.
I fell in love only to learn that romance was more conditional than unconditional love. It is always best to keep physical signs of affection under lock and key until you are sure the relationship will last. Then is wise to get counsel and possibly an engagement and plans for marriage to follow. But keep the physical side away so it will not distract from getting to know each other and preparing for marriage.
I was married for ten years to discover that falling in love is only a small part of love, not the lion’s share of love. That is where so many people get married, and sometimes the feelings of love fade, and there is nothing to hold it together without committed love. Falling in love is lovely, yet at the same time, it needs to be based on real feelings and intellect rather than lust, physical desires, and feelings of needing to be married. ~ Bill Greguska
Keep Sexuality Out Of Falling In Love!
In our society, with a heavy influence on sexual freedom and independence and a lack of moral fiber, these issues have dirtied the water when falling in love. Too often, people mistake having sexual feelings for a feeling of falling in love. This fact has been responsible for many single-parent house abortion options, abortions transmitted diseases and broken homes.
Falling in love is not something to play with; there are consequences when feeling only because it can change. There needs to be excellent communication, shared values, and interests, plus the test of time, seeing each other in many different lights and situations to understand who you are involved with. ~ Bill Greguska
Take The Time You Need To Do What You Need To Do!
- Keep your eyes open for red flags. “wide open,” please! And thank the Lord that He reveals them. If your heart is in His calm control, you can more clearly see and discuss these flags with Him and even with her to help her analyze and pray about where these are coming from and how to deal with them.
- Remember, the older a girl or guy gets [unless they are brought to the Lord, being changed by Him], they are getting more hard-wired to Stay like they have been, less open at ALL to change, which is necessary for a marriage!! Mother says, ” Just like the fan over your head! It has to be controlled by the button to determine how fast or slow it goes.”
- Do not let a man/woman get on the same or near the same level as God is in your life. Mother looks at Daddy’s picture every night and says, “Goodnight, my dear Autrie. You will always be just under the First Love of my life! Autrie had almost 66 years of marriage.
- Don’t assume a man/woman is lovely to let them show you. That thought is just helpful for you to guard your mind and thoughts further. Keep from racing ahead of God’s perfect timing! ~ Sue Sauer
When You Fall In Love, Stay In Love! (Humorous Video)
Some Specific Scriptures To Encourage You:
1 John 4:18 ESV
There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love.
1 Corinthians 13:1-13 ESV
If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give away all I have, and if I deliver up my body to be burned but have not love, I gain nothing. Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful.
Psalm 85:10 ESV
Steadfast love and faithfulness meet; righteousness and peace kiss each other.
Proverbs 18:22 ESV
He who finds a wife finds a good thing and obtains favor from the Lord.
Revelation 2:4 ESV
But I have this against you, that you have abandoned the love you had at first.
Mark 11:24-25 ESV
Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. And whenever you stand praying, forgive, if you have anything against anyone, so that your Father also who is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses.”
Song of Solomon 8:6-7 ESV
Set me as a seal upon your heart, as a seal upon your arm, for love is strong as death, jealousy is fierce as the grave. Its flashes are flashes of fire, the very flame of the Lord. Many waters cannot quench love, neither can floods drown it. If a man offered for love all the wealth of his house, he would be utterly despised.
Proverbs 19:14 ESV
House and wealth are inherited from fathers, but a prudent wife is from the Lord.
1 Corinthians 6:19-20 ESV
Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body.
Find Hope And Encouragement From Our Links!
- If you just started believing in God, we have a page specifically for you.
- If you are dealing with anger, stress, or depression, we have information to help you.
- We have phone helplines, website links, and YouTube videos.
- Learn more about us, our goals, and our purpose.
- If you have a drug or alcohol problem and want to get right with God, you are at the right place!
- If you need to talk to someone right away, you can call 800-633-3446 or click here.
- Finally, if you have any questions or want to get on our email list, just let us know.
For Encouragement, Call 1-800-633-3446 or Chat