FALLING IN LOVE
Important Insights About Falling In Love!
God has wired us to be relational beings, one man with one woman. Falling in love and being in love are beautiful gifts from God. It what God had in mind from the beginning, real mature love and respect connected with commitment.
I have fallen in love only to learn that the love was more of a conditional love, rather than unconditional love. I was married 10 years only to find out falling in love is only a small part of love, not the lion share of love. That is where so many people get married and the feelings of love fade and there is nothing to hold it together, without real committed love.
In our society with a heavy influence of sexual freedom and independence and lack of moral fiber, these issues have dirtied the water when it comes to falling in love.
Too often people mistake of having sexual feelings for a feeling of falling in love. This fact has been responsible for many single parent households, abortion, sexually transmitted diseases and broken homes. Falling in love is not something to play with, there are consequences when done with feeling only because feeling can change. ~ Bill Greguska
Are You Interested In Falling In Love?
A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person. ~ Mignon McLaughlin
Dating And The Right Person: By Sue Sauer
- Like in fishing, circle the worm on the hook sometime before I take a bite of the bait. (Amen! Don’t let yourself get emotionally involved with looks or words, but present all those things to the Lord for His evaluation first! Realize that your heart is in His hands and don’t take your heart out of His hands.
- Do not fall madly in love because you will get hurt. (Precisely! The word “Madly” is just what I talked about in #1)
- Practice Open Palm a little more seriously (holding everyone and everything to God not grasping on to it. (Absolutely! But not just ‘a little’! Don’t let fear have anything to do with it unless it is the proper fear of God.)
- Do not let the conversation go to marriage within the first 3 to 6 months? (Amen! Six months is vastly better than 3, and a year is better than six months unless The Lord makes it very very plain with many “signs and wonders” and advice. You will know.)
- Don’t trust a man/woman with my heart until I Know I can trust him/her. (This knowing happens little by little, Not all at once, unless you want weeds which are “here today and gone tomorrow”. Keep learning how to guard your heart and wait on the Lord who strengthens your heart.”)
- Keep your eyes open for red flags. (“wide open” please! And thank the Lord that He reveals them. If your heart is in His calm control, you can more clearly see and discuss these flags with Him and even with her to help her analyze and pray about where these are coming from and how to deal with them. Remember, the older a girl or guy gets [unless they are getting closer to the Lord, being changed by Him] they are getting more hard-wired to Stay like they have been, less open at ALL to change which is necessary for a marriage!! Mother says, ” Just like the fan over your head! It has to be controlled by the button that will determine how fast or slow it goes.”)
- Do not let a man/woman get on the same or near the same level as God is in your life. (Mother looks at Daddy’s picture every night and says, “Goodnight my dear Autrie. You will always be just under the First Love of my life! Autrie had almost 66 years of marriage.)
- Don’t assume a man/woman is wonderful to let them show you. That thought is just helpful for you to further guard your mind and thoughts – to keep them from racing ahead of God’s perfect timing!
- Guard my heart because it’s the wellspring of my life. (This is well worth your deep meditation on what does this verse mean: take each word and meditate – let it become part of the bedrock of your thoughts!)
- I may want a man/woman, but I don’t need a woman to have a full life. Allowing your thoughts to race ahead makes you vulnerable to trashing all your logical thoughts in the numbers we just covered! Prepare your heart! Make these more than a backpack you can throw off when your emotions take over! Chew them and digest them, so they become nourishment for your very be-ing, the part of who you are by the grace of God! Then you will be ready and able to enjoy a relationship with an eternal sister/brother for however long God wants you to walk along side of him/her. The time will benefit you both.)
Related Pages of Encouragement:
A Special Link for a Little Extra Encouragement
When You Fall In Love, Stay In Love…
Please contact us if you have any questions or comments or would just like some encouragement?
Dating is fun. It’s light: There’s courting; there’s the interesting, exciting text messaging and flirting. There’s no weight. When you start getting into relationships, you really start having to consider each other in your lives, and I think that’s really important. ~ Denise Vasi
Ephesians 5:3 But among you there must not be even a hint of sexual immorality, or of any kind of impurity, or of greed because these are improper for God’s holy people.