Please contact us if you have any questions or comments or want some encouragement.
When a couple falls in love slowly, that is a good sign! A romance that is too quickly is a recipe for trouble. Do not allow simply physical attraction to be your motivation; make sure the person you would like to date is to be spiritually like-minded and that they have similar interests. (Falling in love is wonderful, but more importantly, staying in love!) Also, be sure they are a match for your personality and the values that you hold. ~ Bill Greguska
Ephesians 5:3 But among you there must not be even a hint of sexual immorality, or of any kind of impurity, or of greed because these are improper for God’s holy people.
Specific Relationship Resource Links:
Here Are Some Helpful Links:
- Are we supposed to be actively looking for a spouse?
- How can I know if I am in love?
- Should I expect any sure thing when looking for a wife?
- What does the Bible say about falling in love?
- What should I be looking for in a husband?
Falling In Love!
God has wired us to be relational beings, one man with one woman. Falling in love and being in love are beautiful gifts from God.
From the beginning of time, God had in mind real mature love and respect connected with commitment.
I fell in love only to learn that romance was more conditional than unconditional love.
It is always best to keep physical signs of affection under lock and key until you are sure the relationship will last. Then is wise to get counsel and possibly an engagement and plans for marriage to follow. But keep the physical side away so it will not distract from getting to know each other and preparing for marriage.
I was married for ten years to discover that falling in love is only a small part of love, not the lion’s share of love.
That is where so many people get married, and sometimes the feelings of love fade, and there is nothing to hold it together without committed love. Falling in love is lovely, yet at the same time, it needs to be based on real feelings and intellect rather than lust, physical desires, and feelings of needing to be married. ~ Bill Greguska
Keep Sexuality Out Of Falling In Love!
In our society, with a heavy influence on sexual freedom and independence and a lack of moral fiber, these issues have dirtied the water when falling in love.
Too often, people mistake having sexual feelings for a feeling of falling in love.
This fact has been responsible for many single-parent households, abortion, sexually transmitted diseases, and broken homes.
Falling in love is not something to play with; there are consequences when feeling only because it can change. There needs to be excellent communication, shared values, and interests, plus the test of time seeing each other in many different lights and situations to understand who you are involved with. ~ Bill Greguska
Take The Time You Need To Do What You Need To Do!
- Keep your eyes open for red flags. “wide open,” please! And thank the Lord that He reveals them. If your heart is in His calm control, you can more clearly see and discuss these flags with Him and even with her to help her analyze and pray about where these are coming from and how to deal with them.
- Remember, the older a girl or guy gets [unless they are bringing closer to the Lord, being changed by Him], they are getting more hard-wired to Stay like they have been, less open at ALL to change, which is necessary for a marriage!! Mother says, ” Just like the fan over your head! It has to be controlled by the button to determine how fast or slow it goes.”
- Do not let a man/woman get on the same or near the same level as God is in your life. Mother looks at Daddy’s picture every night and says, “Goodnight, my dear Autrie. You will always be just under the First Love of my life! Autrie had almost 66 years of marriage.
- Don’t assume a man/woman is wonderful to let them show you. That thought is just helpful for you to guard your mind and thoughts further. Keep from racing ahead of God’s perfect timing! ~ Sue Sauer
When You Fall In Love, Stay In Love! (Humorous Video)
Find Hope And Encouragement From Our Links!
- If you just started believing in God, we have a page specifically for you.
- If you are dealing with anger, stress, or depression, we have information to help you.
- We have phone helplines, website links, and YouTube videos.
- You can learn more about us, our goals, and our purpose.
- If you have a drug/alcohol problem, or if you want to get right with God, you are at the right place!
- If you need to talk to someone right away, you can call 800-633-3446 or click here.
- Finally, if you have any questions or want to get on our email list, just let us know.
For Encouragement, Call 1-800-633-3446 or Chat