Please contact us if you have any questions, comments, or encouragement.
We all have some habits to break. Patterns that we get into tend to develop some strange pleasure in doing, which is usually against God’s will or irritating to others but can not be easily broken. They say it takes 21 days to form a habit. It sometimes takes 21 days or more to break a bad habit. I have wrestled intensely with alcohol and drugs, although after doing so, I thank God that He released me both from them, including cigarettes. It was like a miracle to be freed from those chains; I was a prisoner. It amazes me the habits and addictions we can get ourselves into. But remember, with God, all things are possible. ~ Bill Greguska
5 Lessons From “The Power Of Habit” By Charles Duhigg!
*START OF THE MORAL STORY ABOUT BAD HABITS*
A rich man once asked an old, wise man to help his son change his bad habits. The old man asked his son to take a walk with him through the garden. After taking a few steps, the wise man stopped and asked the young man to pluck a small flower out of the ground.
The young man grabbed the plant with his fingers and easily plucked it out. The wise man nodded and they resumed walking.
A few seconds later, they stopped again and the wise man pointed towards another plant, a bit larger than the last. The young man grabbed it with his hand and plucked it out of the ground with a bit of effort. “Now pluck out that one” the wise man said pointing towards a bush. The young man grabbed the bush with both of his hands and using all of his strength, barely managed to pluck it out of the ground.
“Now you see that small tree, there? Try and pluck that one.” The young man grabbed the trunk with both hands, pulled as hard as he could but he couldn’t even move it.
“It’s impossible master. I can’t do it.”
“You see my boy, it’s the same with our habits. If we let them grow and take root it becomes harder and harder for us to stop them.”
How To Break Your Bad Habit?
We Pray You Find Hope And Encouragement From Our Links!
- If you just started believing in God, we have a page specifically for you.
- If you are dealing with anger, stress, or depression, we have information to help you.
- We have phone helplines, website links, and YouTube videos.
- You can learn more about us, our goals, and our purpose.
- If you have a drug/alcohol problem or want to get right with God, you have the or if you’re going to get right with God, you have the or right place!
- If you need to talk to someone right away, you can call 800-633-3446 or click here.
- Finally, if you have any questions or get on our email list, just let us know.
For Encouragement, Call 1-800-633-3446 or Chat