Get To Know Other By Using Self-Disclosure!
Please contact us if you have any questions or comments or would just like some encouragement?
The world is watching how we walk and how we talk. We must have the highest standards of morality, ethics, and integrity if we are to continue to have influence. ~ Billy Graham
Hebrews 13:16 And do not forget to do good and to share with others, for with such sacrifices God is pleased.
How To Get To Know Each Other With Self-Disclosure?
Human salvation demands the divine disclosure of truths surpassing reason. ~ Thomas Aquinas
Matthew 12:15-16 Aware of this, Jesus withdrew from that place. A large crowd followed him, and he healed all who were ill. He warned them not to tell others about him.
Best Ways To Get To Know Each Other Through Self Disclosure!
How To Get to Know Each Other?
Get to know each other more efficiently, and learn to enjoy others more. You can get to know each other by being open, a great way to break down walls between strangers. Bonds with close friends are also crucial and necessary. Self-disclosure can be an excellent way to break down barriers between strangers quickly, and also bond friends even more intimately.
I have always been a very open person when it comes to self-disclosure between myself and others. In some ways that are outstanding traits, yet in other ways, it can be something that can cause problems in my life.
It is usually best to set up a respectful boundary that you feel comfortable with, and then limit yourself to that point.
Some people are naturally outgoing, while others tend to be more reserved and introverted, this all must be considered with every person when deciding a comfort level for self-disclosure.
Keep in mind, that all the people that you talk with cannot be trusted with your personal information. Unless you do not mind them talking to others about you, you might want to be selective in how much and who do you share with personal details of your life? ~ Bill Greguska
Here Are Some Helpful Links:
- Does the Bible talk about attitude?
- How much does the Bible say about humility?
- The Bible talks about being self-centered?
- What does the Bible say about self-love, loving self?
- What does the Bible say about shyness/being shy?
Self Disclosure Helps In A More Personal Way!
We Need To Reach Out To Get To Know Each Other!
- When you do self-disclosure be sure the communication is reciprocal, know it involves risk, it requires trust and has the potential to enhance the relationship. The sharing starts with less personal and grows to more personal in time.
- Go somewhat slowly, don’t be in a hurry to tell someone too much about you too quickly.
- The other person will feel uncomfortable if you start with your feeling and intimate information without establishing a foundation for the relationship.
- Self-disclosure should not be a one-way mono-log.
- You run the risk of being rejected if you share something about yourself self-disclosing too quickly.
- Disclosing means you trust them not to share your secrets with others or use it against you.
- Sharing personal information in appropriate ways takes your relationship to a new level.
How To Get To Know Each Other With Self-Disclosure!
Related Pages Of Encouragement:
A Special Link for a Little Extra Encouragement
Evaluate WHY You Are Sharing?
- There are times when I decide it is worth the risk to share something with someone I don’t know well. If they are hurting, and I know they are going through something I have experience with, I may decide the opportunity to be of benefit outweighs the risk, and this differs from recklessly sharing in that I’ve made an intentional assessment and decision.
- Asking myself why I want to share something also helps me see when my motivation is ego-based. Do I want to share something because I think it will win me points with the other person or do I want to share because I believe the information will add value to the other person? The best rule of thumb is to share with others on the need to know basis.
What If My Problems Seem Out Of Control?
Find Hope And Encouragement From Our Links!
- If you just started believing in God, we have a page specifically for you.
- If you are dealing with anger, stress, or depression, we have information that can be of help to you.
- We have phone helplines, website links, youtube videos.
- You can learn more about us and our goals and our purpose.
- If you have a drug/alcohol problem, or if you want to get right with God you are at the right place!
- If you need to talk to someone right away, you can call 800-633-3446 or click here.
- Finally, if you have any questions, or would like to get on our email list, just let us know.
For Encouragement Call 1-800-633-3446 or Chat