What Is Love To You?
Please contact us if you have any questions or comments or would just like some encouragement?
The most important thing in the world is family and love. ~ John Wooden
Matthew 22:37-39 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’
What Is Love?
There is only one happiness in this life, to love and be loved. ~ George Sand
1 Corinthians 13:4-7 Love is patient, love is kind, does not envy; it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others; it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts always hopes, always perseveres.
What Do You Know About Love?
Love is self-giving and self-sacrificing towards another, it is also a gift from God and is more significant than most of us actually can understand. Get a better understanding of what is love?
What Is Love Stronger Than In Your Life?
Here Are Some Helpful Links:
- Does the Bible say a lot about love?
- Is tough love mentioned in the Bible?
- Love your neighbor as you love yourself, what does that look like?
- To “Love Jesus” What does that mean?
- What does it mean that God is love?
The Four Types Of Love
- Romantic Love (Eros)—This is the feeling of “being in love,” physical passion, a feeling. Often people think of this kind of love when they think of “love.” Romantic love is healthy when it is a one-man/one-woman monogamous relationship within the bounds of marriage.
- Affection (Storge)—This is the natural bond between parent and child. It is the most natural (it just happens!) and emotive (children can’t help it!), But it can “go wrong,” and people can get hurt when it becomes unhealthy. Affection, too, can be based on feelings.
- Friendship (Phileo)—This is the love between friends. Friendship is the strong bond existing between people who share common interest or activity. But feelings are involved in this kind of love too—cliques can be formed, friends can hurt friends, pride can ruin a friendship.
- Unconditional Love (Agape)—This is the love that cares and loves regardless of the circumstance. It never fails., this is the kind of love Jesus was talking about, the only always-healthy type of love. It is seeking the welfare and the best for another person, regardless of how we feel about them. The other three types of love aren’t sufficient! What makes agape love the only love that is always healthy? It is the same kind of love with which God loves us! Jesus displayed agape love when He went to the cross and died for you and me regardless of how He felt, and in spite of our sinfulness. That is true love!
What Is Love All About?
Ten Scriptures Describing What Is Love!
- The message you heard from the very beginning is this: we must love one another. (1 John 3:11)
- And now I give you a new commandment: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. (John 13:34)
- Do not take revenge on others or continue to hate them, but love your neighbors as you love yourself. I am the Lord. (Leviticus 19:18)
- Above everything, love one another earnestly, because love covers over many sins. (1 Peter 4:8)
- Be under obligation to no one—the only obligation you have is to love one another. Whoever does this has obeyed the Law. (Romans 13:8)
- My children, our love should not be just words and talk; it must be true love, which shows itself in action. (1 John 3:18)
- No one has ever seen God, but if we love one another, God lives in union with us, and his love is made perfect in us. We are sure that we live in union with God and that he lives in union with us because he has given us his Spirit. (1 John 4:12-13)
- Do all your work in love. (1 Corinthians 16:14)
- Be always humble, gentle, and patient. Show your love by being tolerant with one another. Do your best to preserve the unity which the Spirit gives by means of the peace that binds you together. (Ephesians 4:2-3)
- To conclude: you must all have the same attitude and the same feelings; love one another, and be kind and humble with one another. Do not pay back evil with evil or cursing with cursing; instead, pay back with a blessing, because a blessing is what God promised to give you when he called you. (1 Peter 3:8-9)
~ Peg Gogonelis
Related Pages Of Encouragement:
A Special Link for a Little Extra Encouragement
Demonstrate What Is Love!
What If My Problems Seem Out Of Control?
Find Hope And Encouragement From Our Links!
- If you just started believing in God, we have a page specifically for you.
- If you are dealing with anger, stress, or depression, we have information that can be of help to you.
- We have phone helplines, website links, youtube videos.
- You can learn more about us and our goals and our purpose.
- If you have a drug/alcohol problem, or if you want to get right with God you are at the right place!
- If you need to talk to someone right away, you can call 800-633-3446 or click here.
- Finally, if you have any questions, or would like to get on our email list, just let us know.
For Encouragement Call 1-800-633-3446 or Chat