Are You In A Pity Party, And You Want Out Of It?
Please contact us if you have any questions or comments or would like some encouragement.
There is nothing wrong with our feelings unless your feelings control you instead of your intellect and the Spirit of God. Having feelings of sadness, retreat, remorse, anxiety, and depression, but what we do with those feeling is what makes a person or breaks a person. Sometimes talking to a close friend, family member, pastor, or even a counselor can help pull anyone out of a pity party. Staying in a prolonged pity party is detrimental to the person having it and anyone around them. When we take our concerns to God, He promises to hear our prayers and answer them in His own time and way. The best way to get out of a pity party is through prayer and also talking with someone wise that you can trust who will point you to Jesus Christ. Physical exercise can help, as well as writing down at least five possible solutions on paper. Remind yourself that things could be worse, and you will get through your situation by God’s grace. Feelings are real, but pity parties are non-productive! 1 Peter 5:7 Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. ~ Bill Greguska
Seven Sins Of Self Pity!
“The Serenity Prayer”
God, grant me the Serenity,
To accept the things I cannot change…
Courage to change the things I can,
And Wisdom to know the difference.
Living one day at a time,
Enjoying one moment at a time,
Accepting hardship as the pathway to peace.
Taking, as He did, this sinful world as it is,
Not as I would have it.
Trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His will.
That I may be reasonably happy in this life,
And supremely happy with Him forever in the next.
We Trust You Find Hope And Encouragement From Our Links!
- If you just started believing in God, we have a page specifically for you.
- If you are dealing with anger, stress, or depression, we have information that can help you.
- We have phone helplines, website links, and YouTube videos.
- You can learn more about us, our goals, and our purpose.
- If you have a drug/alcohol problem, or if you want to get right with God, you are at the right place!
- If you need to talk to someone right away, you can call 800-633-3446 or click here.
- Finally, if you have any questions or want to get on our email list, just let us know.
For Encouragement, Call 1-800-633-3446 or Chat