Are You In A Pity Party And Want Out?
Can A Pity Party Do Any Good For Anyone?
There is nothing at all wrong with our feelings unless your feelings control you instead of your intellect and the Spirit of God. Having feelings of sadness, retreat, remorse, anxiety, depression, but what we do with those feeling is what makes a person or breaks a person. Sometimes talking to a close friend, family member, pastor, or even a counselor can help pull anyone out of a pity party. Staying in a prolonged pity party is detrimental to both the person having it and also anyone around them. When we take our concerns to God He promises to hear our prayer and answer them in His own time and way. The best way to get out of a pity party is through prayer and also talking with someone wise that you can trust who will point you to Jesus Christ. Physical exercise can be of help as well as writing down on paper at least five possible solutions. Remind yourself that things could be worse and by God’s grace you will get through your situation. ~ Bill Greguska
Seven Sins Of Self Pity!
God, grant me the Serenity
To accept the things I cannot change…
Courage to change the things I can,
And Wisdom to know the difference.
Living one day at a time,
Enjoying one moment at a time,
Accepting hardship as the pathway to peace.
Taking, as He did, this sinful world as it is,
Not as I would have it.
Trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His will.
That I may be reasonably happy in this life,
And supremely happy with Him forever in the next.
What If My Problems Seem Out Of Control?
We Trust You Find Hope And Encouragement From Our Links!
- If you just started believing in God, we have a page specifically for you.
- If you are dealing with anger, stress, or depression, we have information that can help you.
- We have phone helplines, website links, youtube videos.
- You can learn more about us and our goals and our purpose.
- If you have a drug/alcohol problem, or if you want to get right with God, you are at the right place!
- If you need to talk to someone right away, you can call 800-633-3446 or click here.
- Finally, if you have any questions or would like to get on our email list, just let us know.
For Encouragement Call 1-800-633-3446 or Chat