Please contact us if you have questions or if you need some encouragement.
It is wise to seek sin information and understand its implications, as we are reminded in Ephesians 6:12 “For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world, and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.” Despite being tempted by various sins daily, we can overcome them with God’s guidance. Often, we find ourselves doing things we know are wrong, while neglecting to do what is right.
As Christians, we are not immune to sin; it is inherent in our fallen nature. However, those who have been born again exhibit a significant reduction in sinful behaviors due to their love for the Lord. A quote from Dwight L. Moody beautifully captures this truth – “The Bible will keep you from sin or sin will keep you from the Bible.” Therefore, remaining uninformed about sin isn’t just a mistake; it can be a costly blunder jeopardizing our place in heaven alongside God. Let us embrace knowledge about sin and actively strive to escape its traps through faith and reliance on God’s strength within us. ~ Bill Greguska
Romans 7:15-18 I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do, I do not do, but what I hate, I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. For I know that good itself does not dwell in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out.
We All Can Fall Into Sin When We Rely On Ourselves Instead Of God!
165 Questions Concerning Sin:
- What is the definition of sin?
- What is the unpardonable sin / unforgivable sin?
- What is original sin?
- What is the sin nature?
- What is a sinner?
- How can I know if something is a sin?
- How can I overcome sin in my Christian life?
- What does the Bible say about pornography?
- How can I overcome an addiction to internet porn?
- Should I tell my spouse about my pornography addiction?
- If Jesus paid the price for our sin, why do we still suffer the consequences of our sin?
- Does the Bible teach mortal and venial sin?
- What does the Bible say about tattoos?
- What does the Bible say about body piercings?
- What does the Bible say about homosexuality?
- Is being gay a sin? Is it a sin to be gay?
- What was the sin of Sodom and Gomorrah?
- What does the Bible say about drinking alcohol?
- Masturbation – is it a sin according to the Bible?
- Is it ever not a sin to masturbate?
- What does the Bible say about gambling?
- Are all sins equal to God?
- Did we all inherit sin from Adam and Eve?
- How bad can a Christian sin?
- What is the Christian view of smoking? Is smoking a sin?
- What does the Bible say about doing drugs?
- What is the sin unto death?
- Are children punished for the sins of their parents?
- What are the seven deadly sins?
- Is it a sin to cuss / swear / curse?
- Should a Christian go to movies?
- What is lust? What does the Bible have to say about lust?
- How does my personal, private sin affect others?
- Is it ever right to lie?
- Is it a sin to play poker?
- What does the Bible say about hentai? Is looking at hentai / cartoon porn a sin?
- Is cyber-sex / phone sex a sin?
- What does the Bible say about overeating?
- Is being a bisexual a sin?
- Will God forgive a prostitute?
- Is a wet dream / nocturnal emission a sin?
- What does the Bible say about transsexualism / transgenderism?
- Is it possible to be a gay Christian?
- Is it okay to get tattoos if they are of a Christian nature?
- What is the definition of idolatry?
- What are some modern forms of idolatry?
- What does the Bible say about bestiality?
- What does it mean to take the Lord’s name in vain?
- What does the Bible say about cross-dressing / transvestism?
- Is there a biblical list of sins?
- What does it mean that a person will not inherit the kingdom of God
- Is it a sin to have a sexual fetish?
- What does it mean to have a seared conscience?
- Is speeding a sin?
- What does the Bible say about sex addiction?
- What is the difference between fornication and adultery?
- Is caffeine addiction a sin?
- What does it mean to be a slave to sin?
- What is a graven image?
- Why is idol worship such a powerful temptation?
- What does the Bible say about underage drinking?
- Is working on Sunday a sin?
- What does the Bible say about telling jokes?
- How can I overcome a habitual sin?
- What is the greatest sin?
- Are spontaneous violent, sexual, or blasphemous thoughts sin?
- What is a sin of omission?
- What is a sin of commission?
- What does the Bible say about rape?
- What does the Bible say about BDSM?
- In regards to forgiveness, is there a difference between willful sin and ignorant sin?
- What is lasciviousness?
- Is saying OMG or words like “˜geez’ still taking the Lord’s name in vain?
- What does the Bible say about being a lesbian? Does the Bible mention lesbianism?
- What is blasphemy? What does it mean to blaspheme?
- What does the Bible say about lying?
- Why does God hate sin?
- What is the conviction of sin?
- What are the consequences of sin?
- How can I learn to hate my own sin?
- Why do I face the consequences of Adam’s sin when I did not eat the fruit?
- What does it mean that all have sinned?
- What does it mean that the wages of sin is death?
- What is the meaning of debauchery?
- Is sex a sin?
- Are sexual desires inherently sinful?
- Is temptation a sin? Is it a sin to be tempted?
- What is the origin of sin?
- Why is every sin ultimately a sin against God?
- What does it mean to be free from sin?
- Is sexting a sin?
- What is wrong with viewing pornography, if I don’t lust after the person?
- What is the difference between iniquity, sin, and transgression?
- Did God create sin?
- If homosexuality is a sin, why didn’t Jesus ever mention it?
- If we are born in sin, how is it fair for God to judge us for our sin?
- What is iniquity according to the Bible?
- How should a Christian view alcoholics?
- What is a scarlet letter?
- Does God view unintentional sin differently?
- What does the Bible say about an open marriage?
- Does a son bear any responsibility for the sins of the father?
- What makes sexual sin such a big deal?
- What does the New Testament say about homosexuality?
- If God is love, why does He condemn homosexuality?
- What is sexual immorality?
- What is the biblical punishment for adultery?
- What is the danger/consequence of unconfessed sin?
- Is same-sex attraction a sin?
- Is it a sin for a Christian to go to a strip club or to watch strippers?
- Is getting drunk a sin?
- What does the Bible say about voyeurism?
- What does the Bible say about cheating in school?
- What is a vice?
- What does it mean to be ungodly? What is ungodliness?
- What is the worst sin?
- Does the Bible require the death penalty for homosexuality?
- Is it a sin to watch pornography with my spouse?
- Is it wrong for a Christian to have a sexual fantasy?
- Is it a sin to have a sexual dream?
- Did Christ die for all sin except for the sin of unbelief?
- Are we all born sinners?
- Why do some cultures practice female genital mutilation (FGM)?
- What does it mean to be unrepentant?
- What does it mean to be spiritually sick?
- Where did sin come from?
- What are capital sins?
- What is a trespass in the Bible?
- What does it mean that sin is lawlessness?
- Is corporate confession of sin biblical?
- Is ignorance an adequate excuse for sin?
- What is imputed sin?
- What is an abomination?
- What is the meaning of concupiscence in the Bible?
- What does the Bible say about vandalism?
- In what ways is sin a slippery slope?
- What does the Bible say about adultery?
- What does the Bible say about fornication?
- What does Numbers 32:23 mean when it says, “be sure your sin will find you out”?
- How can I get rid of lustful thoughts?
- What is the proper way to handle sin in my life?
- Is it a sin to be rich?
- What is the biblical fix for sexual brokenness?
- What is the god of self?
- What is a sin tax?
- What is the lust of the flesh?
- What does the Bible say about covetousness?
- Is it a sin to look at a woman’s body?
- What was the first sin?
- What are besetting sins?
- What does the Bible say about temptation?
- How does sin separate us from God?
- Why am I held accountable for my sin when I didn’t ask to be born?
- Should a Christian participate in sports betting?
- What are the noetic effects of sin?
- How should Christians respond to Pride Month?
- What does it mean that we are conceived in sin?
- What does the Bible say about necrophilia?
- Was it a mistranslation to add the word homosexual to the Bible in 1946?
- Should a Christian have gay friends?
- Can a person be born gay?
- Is being gay a sin?
- Is it a sin to be gay?
- Should a Christian attend the wedding of a gay couple?
- How should a Christian act toward a friend who comes out of the closet (as gay)?
How Should A Christian Deal With Feelings Of Guilt Regarding Past Sins?
Some Specific Scriptures To Encourage You:
Romans 6:23 ESV
For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Romans 3:23 ESV
For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,
1 John 1:9 ESV
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
Galatians 5:19-21 ESV
Now the works of the flesh are evident: sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries, dissensions, divisions, envy, drunkenness, orgies, and things like these. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.
John 8:34 ESV
Jesus answered them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, everyone who practices sin is a slave to sin.
James 4:17 ESV
So whoever knows the right thing to do and fails to do it, for him it is sin.
Hebrews 9:28 ESV
So Christ, having been offered once to bear the sins of many, will appear a second time, not to deal with sin but to save those who are eagerly waiting for him.
Colossians 3:5 ESV
Put to death therefore what is earthly in you: sexual immorality, impurity, passion, evil desire, and covetousness, which is idolatry.
1 Corinthians 6:9-10 ESV
Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
Mark 7:20-23 ESV
And he said, “What comes out of a person is what defiles him. For from within, out of the heart of man, come evil thoughts, sexual immorality, theft, murder, adultery, coveting, wickedness, deceit, sensuality, envy, slander, pride, foolishness. All these evil things come from within, and they defile a person.”
Ephesians 1:7 ESV
In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of his grace,
Isaiah 59:2 ESV
But your iniquities have made a separation between you and your God, and your sins have hidden his face from you so that he does not hear.
1 John 1:6 ESV
If we say we have fellowship with him while we walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth.
1 Peter 4:8 ESV
Above all, keep loving one another earnestly, since love covers a multitude of sins.
James 4:4 ESV
You adulterous people! Do you not know that friendship with the world is enmity with God? Therefore whoever wishes to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God.
Find Hope And Encouragement From Our Links!
- If you just started believing in God, we have a page specifically for you.
- If you are dealing with anger, stress, or depression, we have information to help you.
- We have phone helplines, website links, and YouTube videos.
- You can learn more about us and our goals and our purpose.
- If you have a drug/alcohol problem, or want to get right with God, you are at the right place!
- If you need to talk to someone right away, you can call 800-633-3446 or click here.
- Finally, if you have any questions or want to get on our email list, just let us know.
For Encouragement Call 800-633-3446 or Chat