The 12 Step Program Has Principles That Can Be Of Help!
I started my recovery with the 12 step program of both AA and NA. The principles that I learned and the fellowship with others with similar issues that we all were working on helped me to some degree. The saying, “One addict helping another is without parallel.” There was a lot of truth to that.
I did feel that the spiritual element of the 12 step program I found was negating Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. The program did help me a lot, but then after I was clean and sober for a few years, I make a decision to get my support solely from the church and Bibles studies, which worked out very well for me.
12 Step program was helpful but I needed more…
I did feel that there was a spiritual element in the 12 step program, but I found that was negating Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. The reason they used the term, “Higher Power” was in order not to turn away those who did not believe in God of the Bible, on one hand, that made some sense, but on the other hand, it kept Jesus Christ out of the recovery process. So bottom line, the 12 step program was helpful, but not an end in all for my problems. I needed the Lord’s help!
Do you need help right now for an addiction? You do not have to take this journey all by yourself; many people would be willing to walk with you. Start with a Bible believing church and even Christian counseling. You may also consider a Christian 12 step program to help you get started like it did for me back in 1982-89. By the grace of God, I am thankful to be able to say that I have been clean and sober since June 25, 1986. ~ Bill Greguska
How much money are your additions costing you?
Here are some helpful links:
- How does Alcoholics Anonymous compare with the Bible?
- How should a Christian view alcoholics?
- Should a Christian take prescription drugs?
- Is Celebrate Recovery a biblicaly sound program?
- What does the Bible say about partying?
12 Step Program Based Originally On Christianity!
- 15 minutes
- 30 minutes
- 1 hour
- 3 hours
- 8 hours and longer…
Then with God’s help, there is hope for you to quit the ANY addiction, or bad habit that has put you in chains. Go for the goal of 24 hours, then 2 days, 4 days, 7 days, and so forth… Do it One Day At A Time! I am not saying it will be easy, but with God all things are possible!
Related Pages Of Encouragement:
A Special Link for a Little Extra Encouragement
My Personal Customized 12 Step Program
By ~ Bill Greguska
- Admitted that I had become powerless over my addiction(s) (people and things) and that my life had become unmanageable with seemingly no way out.
- Came to believe that, through God, my life could be restored, and He could make me whole again.
- Decided to turn from the things of my past and asked Jesus to be Lord and center of my life.
- Made a complete and honest, moral inventory of myself to assess what needed to be changed.
- Admitted to God, myself, and someone who I could trust. Share the exact things that were going wrong in my life in which I needed help for in my life.
- Was entirely ready to have God take away all of my character defects once and for all.
- Humbly asked God to remove my shortcomings and to forgive me. Believing He would eliminate them, and I would receive His forgiveness to start over, clean.
- Made a list of people I have harmed and became willing to make amends to them all.
- Made direct amends to those people, wherever possible, except when doing so would injure them or others.
- Continually take a personal inventory of my life, and when wrong, try to admit promptly, and make things right again.
- Sought, through prayer and meditation on God’s Word to strengthen my relationship with Him. To pray continually for the knowledge of His will for me and the power of His might to carry it out.
- Upon being spiritually restored and set free from the sin (which can so easily entangle me), I continue to try to share this new-found freedom and the One, who has freed me, with those who are still suffering. With God’s help, I eagerly attempt to act as Jesus would in all I do.
Personal 12 Step Program Begins With The 1st Step
For More Encouragement Call 1-800-633-3446 or Chat
Please contact us if you have any questions or comments or would just like some encouragement?
I think once I made up my mind that I was allergic to alcohol, and that’s what I learned, it made sense to me. And I think it was kind of pointed out that you know if you were allergic to strawberries, you wouldn’t eat strawberries. And that made sense to me. ~ Betty Ford
If you ask me, I think 12 step programs are perfectly valid, can be an enormous help. But it depends on the individual. ~ Pete Hamill
Ephesians 5:18 Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to debauchery. Instead, be filled with the Spirit.