Please contact us if you have any questions or comments or would like some encouragement.
Is depression getting you down? Then it is time to start to get back up! There is help for depression; it begins with prayer! I have been hit by depression two significant times in my life at age 16 and 45, both times were tough, but with God and help from my doctor, family, and friends, I made it through alright. There is hope for you too! Yes, depression can be excruciating and frustrating, yet spring always follows behind a cold winter, just like the seasons come and go. Some things are still depressing in my life, but I know that with God, He works out all things for good at some point in time. Life can be difficult, but with God and His promises in His word, there is HOPE! ~ Bill Greguska
25 Ways To Overcome Depression!
Check List To Consider Concerning Depression:
- Are you getting enough exercise?
- Are you eating healthy and avoiding junk?
- Are you drinking enough water?
- Are you getting 7-8 hours of sleep each night?
- Is there any unconfessed sin in your life?
- Is there anyone you need to ask forgiveness for?
- Is there anyone you need to forgive?
- Have you been feeling sorry for yourself?
- Have you been laughing very much lately?
- Have you been socially connected?
Learn How To Deal With Depression? Robin Williams
It Is A Fact That Depression Hurts!
I know there is help when you feel very down because I had already gone through severe depression twice in my life, once in high school and the other time when I went through a painful divorce. Depression is genuine, and it is very crippling to deal with.
But there is help for depression, which is very real too! When you need them, God puts the right people in your life, sometimes a good friend or family member. God can use a pastor, counselor, doctor, therapist, friend, and even strangers to encourage people. Remember that you are not alone! There is help for depression available. You will see your faith and trust in God getting stronger as you strive to find solutions for depression from God, this page, and others in your life! Hold on to the hope that depression will go away, because it will pass! Check out this website GriefShare.org today for some extra support! ~ Bill Greguska
Here Are Some Helpful Links:
- How can a Christian overcome the feelings of being depressed?
- Is it wrong for a Christian to be depressed?
- When emotionally down, what can a Christian do to feel better?
- What does the Bible say about sadness?
- Where can I find help if I think I am depressed?
25 Ways To Overcome Depression
Check out the physical list here:
- Get outside
- Stop negative self-talk
- Eat healthy
- Listen to happy music.
- Do something
- Learn something new
- Use a sun lamp
- Talk to your friends.
- Get a pet
- Do something artistic
- Paint your walls
- Touch someone
- Sing something
- Eat Omega 3 fatty acids.
- Change your diet
- Take care of yourself
- Avoid alcohol
- Establish a routine
- Get cognitive therapy
- Get help online
- Do something for somebody
Here Are Three More Very Important Ideas:
- Pray to God
- Read your Bible
- Talk to your pastor and fellowship with other Christian friends.
What Does Grief Have To Do With Depression?
Six Things That Can Be Overwhelming Without God!
Numbness. This is a rather intriguing mixture of shock and strength— almost as if God anesthetizes us to get us through those first difficult hours and days.
Expressed Emotions. We need to cry it out, work it out, talk it out, pray it out, and worship it.
Existential (intensely personal) Loneliness. “No one feels it quite like I do.” No one can do it for us. We must walk the valley alone, yet not alone, for God is with us.
Questioning. “Why did this have to happen?” we ask. “Why did this happen to me? Why didn’t God save me from this?”
Guilt. “Did I do all I could do? Did I do my best?”
Return to Reality. This is when we finally gain the strength to pick up and continue with life. The mark of faith and victory is the ability to go on with God as our Helper.
We Trust You. Find Hope And Encouragement From Our Links!
- If you just started believing in God, we have a page specifically for you.
- If you are dealing with anger, stress, or depression, we have information to help you.
- We have phone helplines, website links, and YouTube videos.
- You can learn more about us, our goals, and our purpose.
- If you have a drug/alcohol problem, or if you want to get right with God, you are at the right place!
- If you need to talk to someone immediately, call 800-633-3446 or click here.
- Finally, if you have any questions or want to get on our email list, just let us know.
For Encouragement, Call 1-800-633-3446 or Chat