How To Overcome Depression!
Please contact us if you have any questions, comments, or encouragement.
I have been seriously depressed three times in my life, and I know it is not a good place to be. Is depression getting you down? Then it is time to start to get back up! There is help for depression; it begins with prayer! I have been hit by depression three significant times in my life at ages 16 and 45, and 62; each time was tough, but with God and help from my doctor, family, and friends, I made it through alright. Being alone too much is not a good idea. God created us to be social beings, and we need others! Keep reaching out for help to family, friends, church and pastor, medical people.
There is hope for you too! Yes, depression can be excruciating and frustrating, yet spring always follows behind a cold winter, just like the seasons come and go. Some things are still depressing in my life at times, but I know that with God, He works out all things for good at some point in time. Life can be difficult, but there is HOPE with God and His promises in His word! It is weird, but I have learned to smile and laugh, but inside, my feelings do not match my outsides. Can you relate to that? If so, I found that praying does help, and talking about my problems to find solutions helps a lot, but sometimes with depression, a person needs to ride out the storm the best they can. I have done that, and it seems to work for me. ~ Bill Greguska
GriefShare.org For Healing From Depression
Prayer Is Required For Depression!
Embracing Your Depression
Depression Or Sadness
Overcome Depression With Help From God
Visit All Our Pages
How To Pray?
Video On How To Pray More Effectively?
Free Christian Counseling
25 Ways To Overcome Depression!
Check List To Consider Concerning Depression:
- Are you getting enough exercise?
- Are you eating healthy and avoiding junk?
- Are you drinking enough water?
- Are you getting 7-8 hours of sleep each night?
- Is there any unconfessed sin in your life?
- Is there anyone you need to ask forgiveness for?
- Is there anyone you need to forgive?
- Have you been feeling sorry for yourself?
- Have you been laughing very much lately?
- Have you been socially connected?
Resources Topics for Pain
Learn How To Deal With Depression? Robin Williams
It Is A Fact That Depression Hurts!
I know there is help when you feel very down because I had already gone through severe depression twice in my life, once in high school and the other time when I went through a painful divorce. Depression is genuine, and it is very crippling to deal with.
But there is help for depression, which is very real too! When you need them, God puts the right people in your life, sometimes a good friend or family member. God can use a pastor, counselor, doctor, therapist, friend, and even strangers to encourage people. Remember that you are not alone! There is help for depression available. You will see your faith and trust in God getting stronger as you strive to find solutions for depression from God, this page, and others in your life! Hold on to the hope that depression will disappear because it will pass! Check out this website GriefShare.org today for some extra support! ~ Bill Greguska
Here Are Some Helpful Links:
- How can a Christian overcome the feelings of being depressed?
- Is it wrong for a Christian to be depressed?
- When emotionally down, what can a Christian do to feel better?
- What does the Bible say about sadness?
- Where can I find help if I think I am depressed?
40 Ways To Help Overcome Depression
Check out the physical list here:
- Read your Bible.
- Ask God to help you.
- Talk to a friend.
- Make a gratitude list.
- Do something nice for someone else.
- Get outside for some fresh air.
- Take a walk.
- Read a joke book.
- Stop negative self-talk.
- Eat healthy.
- Get 8 hours of sleep.
- Listen to happy music.
- Do something fun.
- Learn something new.
- Use a sun lamp.
- Write a letter.
- Eat some ice cream.
- Clean your house.
- Organize your house.
- Talk to your friends.
- Get some good exercise.
- Enjoy your pet.
- Get a pet.
- Smile and try to laugh a little.
- Do something artistic.
- Paint your walls.
- Hug a friend.
- Sing something.
- Eat Omega 3 fatty acids.
- Take Vitamin D.
- Change your diet.
- Take care of yourself.
- Avoid alcohol.
- Establish a routine.
- Talk to a doctor.
- Be open to the idea of antidepressants.
- Consider cognitive therapy.
- Get help online.
- Realize that this, too, shall pass.
What Does Grief Have To Do With Depression?
Six Things That Can Be Overwhelming Without God!
- Numbness. This is a rather intriguing mixture of shock and strength— almost as if God anesthetizes us to get us through those first difficult hours and days.
- Expressed Emotions. We need to cry it out, work it out, talk it out, pray it out, and worship it.
- Existential (intensely personal) Loneliness. “No one feels it quite like I do.” No one can do it for us. We must walk the valley alone, yet not alone, for God is with us.
- Questioning. “Why did this have to happen?” we ask. “Why did this happen to me? Why didn’t God save me from this?”
- Guilt. “Did I do all I could do? Did I do my best?”
- Return to Reality. This is when we finally gain the strength to pick up and continue with life. The mark of faith and victory is the ability to go on with God as our Helper.
Some Specific Scriptures to To Encourage You:
Psalm 34:17-18 ESV
When the righteous cry for help, the Lord hears and delivers them out of all their troubles. The Lord is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit.
1 Peter 5:7 ESV
Casting all your anxieties on him because he cares for you.
Matthew 11:28 ESV
Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Jeremiah 29:11 ESV
For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.
Proverbs 3:5-6 ESV
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways, acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.
Psalm 30:5 ESV
For his anger is but for a moment, and his favor is for a lifetime. Weeping may tarry for the night, but joy comes with the morning.
Philippians 4:6-7 ESV
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Psalm 23:4 ESV
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.
Proverbs 12:25 ESV
Anxiety in a man’s heart weighs him down, but a good word makes him glad.
Psalm 34:18 ESV
The Lord is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit.
Psalm 9:9 ESV
The Lord is a stronghold for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble.
Find Hope And Encouragement From Our Links!
- If you just started believing in God, we have a page specifically for you.
- If you are dealing with anger, stress, or depression, we have information to help you.
- We have phone helplines, website links, and YouTube videos.
- Learn more about us, our goals, and our purpose.
- If you have a drug/alcohol problem or want to get right with God, you are at the right place!
- If you need to talk to someone immediately, call 800-633-3446 or click here.
- Finally, if you have any questions or want to get on our email list, just let us know.
For Encouragement, Call 800-633-3446 or Chat