Are You Suffering From Depression?
Overcome Depression With Help From God!
Depression Is To Be Respected But Not Feared!
It Is A Fact That Depression Hurts!
I know that there is help for times when you are feeling very down because I have already gone through severe depression twice in my life. Once in high school and the other time when I went through a painful divorce.
Depression is very real, and it is very crippling to have to deal with. But there is help for depression which is very real too!
God puts the right people in your life when you need them, sometimes a good friend, other times a family member.
God can use a pastor, counselor, doctor, therapist, friend, and even strangers to encourage people.
Remember that you are not alone! There is help for depression available. You will see your faith and trust in God getting stronger as you strive to find solutions for depression from God, this page, and others in your life! ~ Bill Greguska
Here Are Some Helpful Links:
- How can a Christian overcome the feelings of being depressed?
- Is it wrong for a Christian to be depressed?
- When emotionally down, what can a Christian do to feel better?
- What does the Bible say about sadness?
- Where can I find help if I think I am depressed?
25 Ways To Overcome Depression
Check out the physical list here: List25.com/25-ways-to-overcome-depression
- Get outside
- Stop negative self-talk
- Eat healthy
- Listen to happy music
- Do something
- Learn something new
- Use a sun lamp
- Talk to your friends
- Get a pet
- Do something artistic
- Paint your walls
- Touch someone
- Sing something
- Eat Omega 3 fatty acids
- Change your diet
- Take care of yourself
- Avoid alcohol
- Establish a routine
- Get cognitive therapy
- Get help online
- Do something for somebody
25 Ways To Overcome Depression!
The Above Ideas Are Great
But I would add three more ideas that are very important:
- Pray to God
- Read your Bible
- Talk to your pastor and other Christian friends
If Depression Hits You Turn To God!
Getting The Help You Need Is Just A Step Away!
Don’t Hesitate If You Need Help!
If you are experiencing suicidal thoughts or otherwise in severe crisis, call 911. Get to the nearest emergency room, or call the Suicide Hotline at 1-800-273-8255.
Don’t try to do this on your own. Beyond your doctor and therapist, you’ll want to bring a group of trusted friends and family members in your corner. There will be times you need others to comfort you, help you with tasks, and hold you accountable.
Deal With Depression One Day At A Time!
Some People Do Not Have A Clue About Depressed People!
Some people don’t understand. They will tell you to get over it or stop being depressed. Some people will likely say things that are unhelpful and wrong. Do not listen to these people. Others may have the best of intentions, but we all know where that road leads! Avoid these people, if possible, while working through your problems.
How Is It Treated?
Depression can be treated with talk therapy, medicines (called antidepressants), or both. Your doctor may refer you to a mental health professional for talk therapy or medication.
Check out these websites to learn more
Happiness And Joy / Or Depression?
Depression Is A Real Illness!
If you think you might be depressed, be sure to see your doctor.
- Talk to a doctor about how you are feeling.
- Get a medical checkup. Ask to see a doctor or nurse who can screen you medically.
- Either a doctor or nurse may also check to see if you have another health condition.
- A situation like having thyroid disease can cause depression or make it worse.
- If you have one of these health conditions, it’s important to get treatment right away.
What About Cost?
If you don’t have insurance, you can still get health care. Find a health center near you and make an appointment.
Get treatment. When you have depression, seeking help is the best thing you can do. You and get help through prayer. Also, it can be treated with talk therapy, medicines.
First prayed about it then take the next appropriate steps
Ask your doctor for a referral to a mental health professional or use this treatment locator to find mental health services near you. Some programs offer free or low-cost treatment if you don’t have insurance.
Here are some places you can go to for help with depression:
- Doctor’s office or health clinic
- Family service or social service agency
- A counselor or social worker
- Remember, even if asking for help seems scary, it’s an essential step toward feeling better.
Check out this guide to finding a mental health professional.
What If My Problems Seem Out Of Control?
We Trust You Find Hope And Encouragement From Our Links!
- If you just started believing in God, we have a page specifically for you.
- If you are dealing with anger, stress, or depression, we have information that can be of help to you.
- We have phone helplines, website links, youtube videos.
- You can learn more about us and our goals and our purpose.
- If you have a drug/alcohol problem, or if you want to get right with God you are at the right place!
- If you need to talk to someone right away, you can call 800-633-3446 or click here.
- Finally, if you have any questions, or would like to get on our email list, just let us know.
For Encouragement Call 1-800-633-3446 or Chat
Please contact us if you have any questions or comments or would just like some encouragement?
I had some experience in dealing with people who have mental illness and depression, but I didn’t see the signs in myself. I couldn’t ask for help because I didn’t know I needed help. ~ Clara Hughes
Psalm 42:5-6 Why are you downcast, O my soul? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God.