Are You Suffering From Depression?
Please contact us if you have any questions or comments or would just like some encouragement?
Yes, depression can be very painful and frustrating, yet just like the seasons come and go, spring always follows behind a cold winter. ~ Bill Greguska
Overcome Depression With Help From God!
It Is A Fact That Depression Hurts!
Depression Is To Be Respected But Not Feared!
Depression is very real, and it is very crippling to have to deal with. But there is help for depression which is very real too!
God puts the right people in your life when you need them, sometimes a good friend, other times a family member.
God can use a pastor, counselor, doctor, therapist, friend, and even strangers to encourage people.
Remember that you are not alone! There is help for depression available. You will see your faith and trust in God getting stronger as you strive to find solutions for depression from God, this page, and others in your life! ~ Bill Greguska
How To Deal With Depression?
Here Are Some Helpful Links:
- How can a Christian overcome the feelings of being depressed?
- Is it wrong for a Christian to be depressed?
- When emotionally down, what can a Christian do to feel better?
- What does the Bible say about sadness?
- Where can I find help if I think I am depressed?
25 Ways To Overcome Depression
Check out the physical list here: List25.com/25-ways-to-overcome-depression
- Get outside
- Stop negative self-talk
- Eat healthy
- Listen to happy music
- Do something
- Learn something new
- Use a sun lamp
- Talk to your friends
- Get a pet
- Do something artistic
- Paint your walls
- Touch someone
- Sing something
- Eat Omega 3 fatty acids
- Change your diet
- Take care of yourself
- Avoid alcohol
- Establish a routine
- Get cognitive therapy
- Get help online
- Do something for somebody
Here Are Three More Very Important Ideas:
- Pray to God
- Read your Bible
- Talk to your pastor and fellowship with other Christian friends
25 Ways To Overcome Depression!
What About Grief?
- It can be loss of a friend through estrangement or alienation or geographical distance.
- It can be loss of a home or a region of the country.
- It can be loss of face,
loss of morality
loss of health
or LOSS OF A JOB.
- Numbness. This is a rather intriguing mixture of shock and strength— almost as if God anesthetizes us to get us through those first difficult hours and days.
- Expressed Emotions. We need to cry it out, work it out, talk it out, pray it out, worship it out.
- Existential (extremely personal) Loneliness. “No one feels it quite like I do.” No one can do it for us. We must walk the valley alone – and yet not alone, for God is with us.
- Questioning. “Why did this have to happen?” we ask. “Why did this happen to me? Why didn’t God save me from this?”
- Guilt. “Did I do all I could do? Did I do my best?”
- Return to Reality. This is when we finally gain the strength to pick up and go on with life. The mark of faith and victory is the ability to go on with God as our Helper.
What If My Problems Seem Out Of Control?
We Trust You Find Hope And Encouragement From Our Links!
- If you just started believing in God, we have a page specifically for you.
- If you are dealing with anger, stress, or depression, we have information that can be of help to you.
- We have phone helplines, website links, youtube videos.
- You can learn more about us and our goals and our purpose.
- If you have a drug/alcohol problem, or if you want to get right with God you are at the right place!
- If you need to talk to someone right away, you can call 800-633-3446 or click here.
- Finally, if you have any questions, or would like to get on our email list, just let us know.
For Encouragement Call 1-800-633-3446 or Chat