We All Need Forgiveness!
Please contact us if you have any questions or comments or want some encouragement.
The Bible tells us that Jesus came for three reasons. He came to give me forgiveness, to have a purpose in life, and to take me home with Him when I am done here on earth. Remember that others may not always forgive you, but what is extremely important is that you go to God and ask Him for His forgiveness! (1 John 1: 1-9) ~ Bill Greguska
Acts 10:43 All the prophets testify that everyone who believes in him receives forgiveness of sins through his name.
Forgiveness For Someone Who Does Not Deserve It!
What is the first thing I need to do if I want forgiveness? The first thing you need to do is to have a spirit of forgiveness with others!
It is fascinating what it says in Matthew 6:14-15 “For if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive our sins”.
To be forgiven by God is the ultimate gift that God has given us by offering His life for us in John 3:16. We need to confess our sins to God and ask to be forgiven. Be sure to keep a short account of our offense by asking to be forgiven and turn from our wrongdoing.
Do You Need Forgiveness And Grace?
1. Take your eyes off of the hurt and the person. Put your gaze on Christ.
We can’t keep looking at the hurt and the situation and replaying it repeatedly in our minds. It is wise to fix our eyes on Jesus, then dive into His Word. Turn on praise music. Do not dwell on your problem or feelings or the feelings you have about the situation. As hard as it is, choose to think of lovely, noble, accurate, and correct things.
2. Pray for the person who has hurt you.
There is no better way to bless someone than to intercede for them. Pray for God to bless them, pray for God to grow their love for Him, and pray for God to do good things in their lives. Pray, pray, and pray some more. Ask the Holy Spirit to intercede for you when words don’t come. Take your brokenness to the cross when you are hurt, mad, and broken. Ask Jesus to fill you with His supernatural love and power
3. Extend grace.
Remember the grace you’ve been shown. Ponder your own life and how you’ve been shown grace upon grace. Now, go and do likewise. What does this look like in reality?
- Letting the other person off the hook.
- Showing kindness to the person.
- Not ignoring the person.
- Not returning evil for evil.
- Bestow kindness and grace.
When we don’t forgive, bitterness and grudge take hold of us. We carry bitterness into every aspect of our lives. We grow weary and begin to die spiritually. When we look at it that way, we can start to choose forgiveness. Admittedly not many of us would select spiritual death and a turning away from Christ. Turn to Christ, beloved. Turn to Christ and be forgiven so that you can now walk in a life of forgiveness and love for others. “Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.” Hebrews 4:16
Lord, Please Forgive Me!!!
Letting go of hurt is what is called forgiveness. There are other types of forgiveness, such as between two people. When you think you have done wrong to anyone, you must take care of your business and ask for forgiveness. You may say, “I was wrong (with what I said or did). I am sorry; please forgive me. How can I make things right between us?”
When someone refuses to forgive, it is like drinking poison, thinking it will kill another person. Let go of all resentments and forgive others so you may be forgiven. You want to be forgiven, don’t you? It is essential to learn how to be forgiven by God and others. ~ Bill Greguska
Here Are Some Helpful Links:
- Do Christians have to keep asking for forgiveness for their sins?
- I am saved, and my sins are forgiven. Why not continue to sin?
- If I choose not to forgive others, does that mean my sins are not forgiven?
- What is forgiveness all about?
- Why do we need to confess our sins if they have already been forgiven (1 John 1:9)?
Find Hope And Encouragement From Our Links!
- If you just started believing in God, we have a page specifically for you.
- If you are dealing with anger, stress, or depression, we have information to help you.
- We have phone helplines, website links, and YouTube videos.
- You can learn more about us, our goals, and our purpose.
- If you have a drug/alcohol problem, or if you want to get right with God, you are at the right place!
- If you need to talk to someone right away, you can call 800-633-3446 or click here.
- Finally, if you have any questions or get on our email list, just let us know.
For Encouragement, Call 1-800-633-3446 or Chat