We All Need Forgiveness!
Others may not always forgive you, but what is essential is that you go to God and ask for His forgiveness! Here are some encouraging scriptures about forgiveness.
Please contact us if you have any questions or comments or would just like some encouragement?
The Bible tells us that Jesus Christ came to do three things. He came to have my past forgiven; you get a purpose for living and a home in heaven. ~ Rick Warren.
Acts 10:43 All the prophets testify about him that everyone who believes in him receives forgiveness of sins through his name.
Forgiveness For Someone Who Does Not Deserve It!
Forgiveness Is Priceless!
If I want forgiveness, what is the first thing I need to do? The first thing you need to do is to have a spirit of forgiveness with others!
It is fascinating what it says in Matthew 6:14-15 “For if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive our sins”.
To be forgiven by God is the ultimate gift that God has given us by offering His life for us in John 3:16. We need to confess our sins to God and ask to be forgiven. Be sure to keep a short account of our offense by asking to be forgiven and turn from our wrongdoing.
Three Ways to Bless Those Who Have Hurt Us
We can’t keep looking at the hurt and the situation and replaying it over and over in our minds. It is wise to fix our eyes on Jesus, then dive into His Word. Turn on praise music. Do not dwell on the problem or the feelings you have about the situation. As hard as it is, choose to think of things lovely, noble, true, and right.
2. Pray for the person who has hurt you.
There is no better way to bless someone than to intercede for them. Pray for God to bless them, pray for God to grow their love for Him, pray for God to do good things in their lives. Pray, pray, and pray some more. When words don’t come, ask the Holy Spirit to intercede for you. When you are hurt, mad, and broken, take your brokenness to the cross. Ask Jesus to fill you with His supernatural love and power.
3. Extend grace.
Remember the grace you’ve been shown. Ponder your own life and how you’ve been shown grace upon grace. Now, go and do likewise. What does this look like in reality?
- Letting the other person off the hook.
- Showing kindness to the person.
- Not ignoring the person.
- Not returning evil for evil.
- Bestow kindness and grace.
When we don’t forgive, the bitterness and the grudge take hold of us. We carry bitterness into every aspect of our lives. We grow weary and begin to die spiritually. When we start to look at it in that way, we can start to choose forgiveness. Admittedly not many of us would select spiritual death and a turning away from Christ.
Turn to Christ, beloved. Turn to Christ and be forgiven so that you can now walk in a life of forgiveness and love for others.
“Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.” Hebrews 4:16
Lord, Please Forgive Me!!!
Forgiveness Is More Important Than You May Think!
There are other types of forgiveness, such as between two people. When you think that you have done wrong to anyone, you need to take care of business and ask to be forgiven. You may use the words, “I was wrong, (with what I said or did) I am sorry, please forgive me. How can I make things right between us?”
When someone refuses to forgive someone else, it is like they are drinking poison, thinking that it will kill the other person. Let go of all resentments and forgive others so that you may also be forgiven. You want to be forgiven, don’t you? It is essential to learn how to be forgiven by God and others. ~ Bill Greguska
Here Are Some Helpful Links:
- Do Christians have to keep asking for forgiveness for their sins?
- I am saved, and my sins are forgiven. Why not continue to sin?
- If I choose not to forgive others, does that mean my sins are not forgiven?
- What is forgiveness all about?
- Why do we need to confess our sins if they have already been forgiven (1 John 1:9)?
What If My Problems Seem Out Of Control?
Find Hope And Encouragement From Our Links!
- If you just started believing in God, we have a page specifically for you.
- If you are dealing with anger, stress, or depression, we have information that can help you.
- We have phone helplines, website links, youtube videos.
- You can learn more about us and our goals and our purpose.
- If you have a drug/alcohol problem, or if you want to get right with God, you are at the right place!
- If you need to talk to someone right away, you can call 800-633-3446 or click here.
- Finally, if you have any questions or get on our email list, just let us know.
For Encouragement Call 1-800-633-3446 or Chat