Take The Bible Challenge Today!
Please contact us if you have any questions or comments or would just like some encouragement?
I started to read the Bible gradually by being consistent which meant to me, and I have been reading each day when I wake up. I found that reading the Bible while in the same place each day was the best way to do this for me. Do whatever works best for you, but do it consistently. ~ Bill Greguska
Matthew 22:29 Jesus replied, “You are in error because you do not know the Scriptures or the power of God.
Details To The Bible Challenge:
- Commit to reading Your Bible for at least 5 minutes every morning before you eat breakfast.
- Discover one scripture verse to help your day or someone else’s day.
- Be sure to say a short prayer before you read.
- Find a notebook to write down any verses that jump out to you in a particular way.
- Write a short letter to God about what you read, and what is going on in your life.
- If you are not sure where to start to read, I suggest the book of Proverbs, Psalms, 1 John 1-3, James.
- After you have done this for 30 days, try for extra credit to do the same thing before you go to bed.
- If you accidentally miss a day or even two, do not worry, but get right back to it the next morning.
- I pray that this Bible challenge will help your relationship with God.
- Let us know how this Bible challenge has helped you? Contact Us
Bible Challenge About The Life Of Jesus!
Why Take The Bible Challenge?
- Matthew 22:29 Jesus replied, “You are in error because you do not know the Scriptures or the power of God.
- “Fewer than half of all adults can name the four gospels. Many Christians cannot identify more than two or three of the disciples. According to data from the Barna Research Group, 60 percent of Americans can’t name even five of the Ten Commandments. “No wonder people break the Ten Commandments all the time. They don’t know what they are,” said George Barna.” According to 82 percent of Americans, “God helps those who help themselves,” is a Bible verse. Those identified as born-again Christians did better–by one percent. A majority of adults think the Bible teaches that the most important purpose in life is taking care of one’s family…Another survey of graduating high school seniors revealed that over 50 percent thought that Sodom and Gomorrah were husband and wife. A considerable number of respondents to one poll indicated that Billy Graham preached the Sermon on the Mount.” (AlbertMohler.com)
- 80% of Americans have never read the Bible thru from cover to cover (Lifeway Research)
- 80% of Christians don’t read the Bible each day (Christianity Today)
- Those who read the Bible at least four days a week are less likely to participate in:
- Getting drunk = 57% less likely
- Sex outside marriage = 68% less likely
- Pornography = 61% less likely
- Gambling = 74% less likely (Back to the Bible)
- Those who read the Bible at least four days a week are more likely to:
- Sharing faith with others = 228% more likely
- Disciplining others = 231% more likely
- Memorizing scripture = 407% more likely (Back to the Bible)
How To Read The Bible In A More Productive Way?
The Bible tells us that Jesus Christ came to do three things. He came to have my past forgiven; you get a purpose for living and a home in Heaven. ~ Rick Warren
Joshua 1:8 Keep this Book of the Law always on your lips; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful.
How to read the Bible more effectively? The Bible is God’s word to us. It’s completely packed full of wisdom, life lessons, truth, and encouragement. To learn how to read the Bible, you first need a desire to know what is in it. Be patient and understand it is the inspired word of God!
Bible Challenge Trivia Countdown!
Tools To Use To Learn How To Read The Bible:
1. Check out the Bible Hub Tool
2. Check out Bible Gateway
3. Check out the Open Bible
Learn How To Read The Bible!
Bible Challenge How To Read The Bible And Enjoy Reading It!
When I first started reading the Bible, I found that is very hard to understand and to concentrate. Let’s be for real. If you are anything like I was, you will probably think of other things you would rather do than to read the Bible? That is how I started, but that is not how I feel today. Consider this; the Bible is the foundation of life and Godliness.
Once you commit to reading the Bible daily, if you are anything like me, you will find that you look forward to it, and the more you learn, the more it will start to make sense to you.
Bible Challenge Tips to Help You Read The Bible!
- Think of the Bible as a gourmet meal for the soul. A healthy diet can bring peace and purpose to your life, and help you deal with stressful situations in a way that would please God.
- Set up a reading routine. Put aside at least 5-10 minutes to read a chapter of the Bible. (it does not have to be an entire section, just as long as you are focusing on what you are learning.
- Getting up a little earlier or finding a quiet spot away from distractions. (possibly while sitting in the kitchen before you eat) Maybe you read it with a cup of coffee, during your lunch break or before bed. Set a time and stick to it.
- Expect that when you read the Bible, it may seem hard at first. Before you begin reading, pray and ask God to help you understand what you’re about to read. Ask Him to show you what He wants you to learn. Study Bibles are also helpful to make you more familiar with what you are reading.
- Think about three things while you read. What does what I am reading mean? What is God trying to say to me in this part if the Bible? And how can I apply what I am learning to my life?
- Ask a friend to help you with your reading by being a reading partner. Maybe you can go through a reading plan together or meet each week to talk about what you’ve read. Text or email Bible verses to each other, or use a Bible app to “friend” each other and share notes.
- Read the Bible by topic. The book of James is all about Christian living. The Psalms, a book of worship, can enrich your devotion to God, and Proverbs is full of wisdom to strengthen your relationship with others.
- Don’t beat yourself up or quit if you miss a day. Renew your commitment and pick up the next day and read the Bible as a regular part of your life.
Related Pages Of Encouragement:
A Special Link for a Little Extra Encouragement
Experience The Bible Daily!
Check out: YouVersion.com
When You Read The Bible, You Will Discover:
- God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help. Psalm 46:1
- Create in me a clean heart, O God. Psalm 51:10
- Thy word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path. Psalm 119:105
- For I know the plans I have for you. Jeremiah 29:11
- But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness. Matthew 6:33
- Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find. Matthew 7:7
- Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul. Matthew 22:37
- Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free. John 8:32
- In all things, God works for the good of those who love him. Romans 8:28
- We are more than conquerors through him who loved us. Romans 8:37
- Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world. Romans 12:2
- No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. 1 Corinthians 10:13
- If anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. 2 Corinthians 5:17
- My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect. 2 Corinthians 12:9
- Our struggle is not against flesh and blood but against the rulers. Ephesians 6:12
- Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead. Philippians 3:13
- Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything. Philippians 4:6
- And the peace of God, which passes all understanding. Philippians 4:7
- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
- Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. 1 Peter 5:7
Scriptures are from BibleHub.com
What If My Problems Seem Out Of Control?
Find Hope And Encouragement From Our Links!
- If you just started believing in God, we have a page specifically for you.
- If you are dealing with anger, stress, or depression, we have information that can be of help to you.
- We have phone helplines, website links, youtube videos.
- You can learn more about us and our goals and our purpose.
- If you have a drug/alcohol problem, or if you want to get right with God you are at the right place!
- If you need to talk to someone right away, you can call 800-633-3446 or click here.
- Finally, if you have any questions, or would like to get on our email list, just let us know.
For Encouragement Call 1-800-633-3446 or Chat