Are You Praying For Others?
Please contact us if you have any questions or comments, or would just like some encouragement?
Grant that I may not pray alone with the mouth; help me that I may pray from the depths of my heart. ~ Martin Luther
Matthew 26:41 “Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak.”
Praying for others is essential. God tells us to love one another, so praying for others is a part of that love.
Here Are Some Helpful Links:
- How can I become a prayer warrior?
- How should a Christian respond to unanswered prayer?
- Is there evidence that God answers prayer?
- What does it mean to pray without ceasing?
- Why is daily prayer important?
Praying For Others Should Not That Difficult!
It is not only our duty to pray for others, but also to desire the prayers of others for ourselves. ~ William Gurnall
Praying For Others Is Important!
How many times have you heard someone say that they would pray for another person?
I suggest that instead of saying that you will pray for someone, actually say a short prayer for them right there on the spot!
An important thing when praying for others is that you can share similar personal experiences that you have had and how God worked things out for you and how you handled the situation.
Your job is not to solve their problems (that is the Holy Spirits’ job) all you need to do is be there for them, listen to them, share God’s love with them.
You can share your faith in God with them in a caring respect way when you are building a relationship with someone kind of opens the door for permission to enter into their world by sharing your faith with them.
You can personally pray for those that you interact with during your quiet time in the morning, or once you get to know someone a little and if they are open to and comfortable with you praying for them, that would be wonderful.
Pray For Others That They Will Come To Know Jesus Too!
If you can not think of anyone who is not a Christian, pray to God to place someone in your life who needs to hear about Him. When praying for others, keep it simple and to the point.
There is no need to run on with words, or on the other hand, do not worry that you are not saying enough or not the right things. Allow the Holy Spirit to be the one who comforts the other person; it is not you who has the power.
Also, make a habit of reading the Bible, praying and going to church. Read more about diving in your walk with God through prayer, Scripture, and relationships. These things ought not to be done for attention or for the sake of doing them, but to help you grow in your faith in God.
Being passionate about Jesus will help others see that there’s something noticeably different about you, and they will want to know what that difference is. View the videos below about praying for others! ~ Bill Greguska
Related Pages Of Encouragement:
What If My Problems Seem Out Of Control?
We Pray You Find Hope And Encouragement From Our Links!
- If you just started believing in God, we have a page specifically for you.
- If you are dealing with anger, stress, or depression, we have information that can be of help to you.
- We have phone helplines, website links, youtube videos.
- You can learn more about us and our goals and our purpose.
- If you have a drug/alcohol problem or if you want to get right with God, you are at the right place!
- If you need to talk to someone right away, you can call 800-633-3446 or click here.
- Finally, if you have any questions or would like to get on our email list, just let us know.
For Encouragement Call 1-800-633-3446 or Chat