Are You Interested In Praying For Others?
Praying For Others…
How many times have you heard someone say that they would pray for another person?
I suggest that instead of saying that you will pray for someone, actually say a short prayer for them right there on the spot!
An important thing when praying for others is that you can share similar personal experiences that you have had, and how God worked things out for you and how you handled the situation.
Your job is not to solve their problems (that is the Holy Spirits job) all you need to do is be there for them, listen to them, share God’s love with them.
You can share your faith in God with them in a caring respect way. Building a relationship with someone kind of opens the door for permission to enter into their world by sharing your faith with them.
You can personally pray for those that you interact with during your quiet time in the morning, or once you get to know someone a little and if they are open to and comfortable with you praying for them, that would be wonderful.
Pray For Others That They Will Come To Know Jesus Too!
If you can not think of anyone who is not a Christian, pray to God to place someone in your life who needs to hear about Him. When praying for others, keep it simple and to the point.
There is no need to run on with words, or on the other hand, do not worry that you are not saying enough or not the right things. Allow the Holy Spirit to be the one who comforts the other person it is not you with the power.
Also, make a habit of reading the Bible, praying and going to church. Read more about diving in your walk with God through prayer, Scripture, and relationships. These things ought not to be done for attention or for the sake of doing them, but to help you grow in your faith in God.
Being passionate about Jesus will help others see that there’s something noticeably different about you, and they will want to know what that difference is. View the videos below about praying for others! ~ Bill Greguska
Here are some helpful links:
- How can I become a prayer warrior?
- How should a Christian respond to unanswered prayer?
- Is there evidence that God answers prayer?
- What does it mean to pray without ceasing?
- Why is daily prayer important?
Praying For Others Does Not Mean A Lot Of Words!
It is not only our duty to pray for others, but also to desire the prayers of others for ourselves. ~ William Gurnall
*Thing You Can Do When You Pray For Someone…
1. Tell Them About God’s Plan When You Share Your Faith!
God loves you and wants you to experience the peace and life He offers. The Bible says, “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life” (John 3:16). He has a plan for you.
2. When You Share Your Faith Tell Them Sin Is The Problem!
Being at peace with God is something that just happens, it is something we choose to do, or not do. By nature, we are all separated from Him. The Bible says, “For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God” (Romans 3:23). God is holy, but we are human and don’t measure up to His perfect standard. We are sinful, and “the wages of sin is death” (Romans 6:23).
3. Refer To God’s Remedy When You Share Your Faith!
God’s love bridges the gap of separation between you and Him. When Jesus Christ died on the cross and rose from the grave, He paid the penalty for your sins. The Bible says, “He took all our sins’ in His body on the cross so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; ‘by His wounds, you have been healed” (1 Peter 2:24).
4. When You Share Your Faith Pray That They Receive Christ!
You cross the bridge into God’s family when you accept Christ’s gift of salvation. The Bible says, “But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God” (John 1:12).
Praying For Others Is Not As Hard As You Might Think!
Related Pages Of Encouragement:
A Special Link for a Little Extra Encouragement
What If My Problems Seem Out Of Control?
We Pray You Find Hope And Encouragement From Our Links!
- If you just started believing in God, we have a page specifically for you.
- If you are dealing with anger, stress, or depression, we have information that can be of help to you.
- We have phone helplines, website links, you tube videos.
- You can learn more about us and our goals and our purpose.
- If you have a drug/alcohol problem, or if you just want to get right with God you are at the right place!
- If you need to talk to someone right away, you can call 800-633-3446 or click here.
- Finally, if you have any questions, or would like to get on our email list, just let us know.
For Encouragement Call 1-800-633-3446 or Chat
Please contact us if you have any questions or comments or would just like some encouragement?
Grant that I may not pray alone with the mouth; help me that I may pray from the depths of my heart. ~ Martin Luther
Matthew 26:41 “Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak.”