Please contact us if you have any questions or comments or would just like some encouragement?
- Talk with someone who cares! Free Christian Counseling!
- Find Biblical Encouragement and practical help!
- Seek wise counsel
- Or if you rather text JESUS (53787) To talk to a Christian who cares!
- Be careful not to watch too much liberal media news. It can be biased and have political agendas. But rather spend that time with God in His word and prayers.
Avoid Bad Counseling From Good Intended People!
When I was going through my divorce, a Christian from church volunteered to come to my house to talk with me. It turned out that he spoke so much and did not understand the hurt and pain that I was experiencing. All he wanted to do was quote scriptures at me over and over relentlessly. Unfortunately, I had to ask him to leave my house. This bad experience taught me that when people seek counsel, they need to be heard—and directed after being listened to. People can mean well but do more harm than good. Be careful who you allow to counsel you. Avoid bad counseling at all costs! Let the Lord be your direct line of counsel. Allow the Lord to put the right people in your life to help you. ~ Bill Greguska
Bad Counseling Exposed!
Mistake #1: Bad Counseling Is Giving Advice Without Truly Listening
- My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to become angry. (James 1:19)
- The first to present his case seems right till another comes forward and questions him. (Proverbs 18:17)
Mistake #2: Bad Counseling Is Displaying A Judgmental Spirit
- For this reason, he had to be made like his brothers in every way so that he might become a merciful and faithful high priest in service to God and that he might make atonement for the people’s sins. Because he suffered when he was tempted, he can help those who are being tempted. (Hebrews 2:18)
- For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are—yet was without sin. (Hebrews 4:15)
Mistake #3: Bad Counseling Is Talking Too Much
Mistake #4: Bad Counseling Is Giving Worldly Advice
- See to it that no one takes you captive through hollow and deceptive philosophy, which depends on human tradition and the basic principles of this world rather than on Christ. (Colossians 2:8)
- All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting, and training in righteousness so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work. (2 Timothy 3:17)
- For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. (Hebrews 4:12)
Mistake #5: Bad Counseling Is Not Suggesting Homework
Find Hope And Encouragement From Our Links!
- If you just started believing in God, we have a page specifically for you.
- If you are dealing with anger, stress, or depression, we have information to help you.
- We have phone helplines, website links, YouTube videos.
- You can learn more about us and our goals, and our purpose.
- If you have a drug/alcohol problem, or if you want to get right with God, you are at the right place!
- If you need to talk to someone right away, you can call 800-633-3446 or click here.
- Finally, if you have any questions or get on our email list, just let us know.