An Accountability Partner Can Help!
Please contact us if you have any questions or comments, or would just like some encouragement?
Like the expression says, “When the cat is away, the mice do play.” Without accountability, we are all like mice trying to do whatever feels good to do which is not always beneficial for us, we all need an accountability partner. ~ Bill Greguska
Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.
What Good Is It To Have An Accountability Partner?
“Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective.” — James 5:15-16
What Did An Accountability Partner Meant To Me In My Life?
I have tried to quit drinking and using drugs on my own, but until I had someone keeping me accountable (an accountability partner) and encouraged me to keep on trying, I was hopelessly drifting at sea. If you have been in that same boat, I was in, or in that boat right now, I strongly encourage and urge you to heed some good advice and find yourself someone that you can make yourself accountable to.
When you share a problem with someone else, the immediate result will be that the load will become lighter! Do not waste another day, think of someone you know and trust and that cares about you and ask him or her (it is best to keep it within the same sex to avoid sexual attraction while sharing personal information). You can contact us temporarily while you are looking for an accountability partner of your own.
Ask your best friend or close friend to help you in this area. If you can not think of anyone that might be able to help you, then find a group of people with similar difficulties and join in with them, (AA and NA can be a source of support if you have an alcohol or drug problem as I did. No matter what you are struggling with, be sure that you find a person or a group of people to help you grow. ~ Bill Greguska
What Are Accountability Questions Designed To Do?
Below are some key Accountability questions you can ask yourself or have a mentor ask you. These are designed for small groups and mentoring for those from high school youth to seasoned adults. They are for men’s groups, women’s groups, and so forth.
Because of the number of questions, all you need to do is choose three or four items for each week. If there is a particular struggle area, add that one, too. Also, incorporate one of the critical passages above and spend significant time in prayer:
- Did you spend time with God through His Word, prayer, quiet time, devotions, and other spiritual disciplines?
- Did you pray for others this week?
- Are you satisfied with the time you spent with our Lord this week?
- Did you go to church or any other related gatherings?
- Are you struggling with pornography or “romance novels?”
Accountability Partner Scriptures
- Proverbs 25:12
- Proverbs 27:17
- Ecclesiastes 4:8-12
- Romans 14: 13-23
- 2 Corinthians 12:19
- 2 Corinthians 13:6
- Galatians 6: 1-6
- Colossians 3:16
- Ephesians 4:9-13
- 1 Thessalonians 5:14
- James 5:15-16
- Hebrews 3:13
- 2 Peter 1:10
Accountability Partner For Teens
- Are you spent daily time in God’s Word and in prayer this week?
- Have you had any flirtatious or lustful attitudes, tempting thoughts or exposed yourself to any explicit materials such as internet, television, movies, music, etc. that would not glorify God?
- Have you honored your mother and father?
- Have you remained pure in your dating relationships?
- Are you telling any half-truths or outright lies, putting yourself in a better light to those around you?
Accountability Partner For Men
- Do you spend daily time in God’s Word and prayer?
- Have you flirted, or had lustful attitudes, tempting thoughts, or exposed yourself to any explicit materials which would not glorify God?
- Is your goal to pursue the hearts of your wife and kids?
- Have you shared the Gospel with an unbeliever this week?
- Do you give your body daily physical exercise and proper eating/sleeping habits?
Accountability Partner For Women
- Have you spent regular time in prayer? When?
- Have your thoughts been pure? Have you resisted lustful, envious thoughts, or exposed yourself to explicit materials?
- Do you have three relationships that you nurtured mostly?
- Do your words build up or tear down others or yourself?
- Have you exposed yourself or contributed to gossip?
Accountability Partner For Couples
- Have we prayed together this week? As a couple? As a family?
- Have we encouraged our children and each other this week? Compliments? Did you brighten someone’s day?
- How much time did you spend with God this week, not counting Sunday?
- Did you get your 5-second kiss/hug today? Did you give the kids a 5-second hug?
- Do you stay on or go above your spending on your budget?
What If My Problems Seem Out Of Control?
Find Hope And Encouragement From Our Links!
- If you just started believing in God, we have a page specifically for you.
- If you are dealing with anger, stress, or depression, we have information that can be of help to you.
- We have phone helplines, website links, youtube videos.
- You can learn more about us and our goals and our purpose.
- If you have a drug/alcohol problem, or if you want to get right with God, you are at the right place!
- If you need to talk to someone right away, you can call 800-633-3446 or click here.
- Finally, if you have any questions, or would like to get on our email list, just let us know.
- I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it. ~ Charles R. Swindoll
- Please consider paying it forward to others by telling them about NeedEncouragment.com. Also, consider bookmarking this encouragement website for future reference. Enjoy the rest of the site!
- Please contact us if you have any questions or comments or would like some encouragement or learn more about the idea of an accountability partner?
- Instead of giving someone a piece of your mind, share with them a part of your heart.
- The love of God is not based on you, God’s love is placed on you!
- I encourage you to start rekindling or strengthening your relationship with God today! Matthew 19:26
- Trust God, for He has a plan for your life. Jeremiah 29:11
- Please contact us if you have any questions or comments. Learn more about us by viewing our website.
For Encouragement Call 1-800-633-3446 or Chat