An Accountability Partner Can Really Help!
Please contact us if you have any questions or comments or would just like some encouragement?
Having an accountability partner in sexuality, alcohol and drug abuse, or working out at the gym, budgeting money, and whatever specific personal needs a person might have. Having someone in your corner for encouragement and accountability is a very wise thing to have going for you. Often an accountability partnership can go both ways to help one another, which can be a win-win situation for you and a friend. ~ Bill Greguska
Our first type of “accountability partner” would be that of our parents. After that, off it can be that of a big brother, big sister, cousin, friend, or even to an extent, coach, teacher, pastor, or even possibly a counselor. It is very wise to find yourself a mentor to bounce things off to understand better why you should or should not do certain things. A mentor has the experience (mileage in life) to know right from wrong. (assuming that your mentor is a Christian). Sexual accountability can be very beneficial if you have someone you can trust. That is wise to direct you in the right direction—without accountability in sexuality areas, working out at the gym, alcohol, and drugs budgeting money. We all need an accountability partner.
Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways, submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.
What Good Is It To Have An Accountability Partner?
“Therefore, confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective.” — James 5:15-16
What Are Accountability Questions Designed To Do?
Below are some key Accountability questions you can ask yourself or have a mentor ask you. These are designed for small groups and mentoring for those from high school youth to seasoned adults. They are for men’s groups, women’s groups, and so forth.
Because of the number of questions, you need to choose three or four items each week. If there is a particular struggle area, add that one, too. Also, incorporate one of the critical passages above and spend significant time in prayer:
- Did you spend time with God through His Word, prayer, quiet time, devotions, and other spiritual disciplines?
- Did you pray for others this week?
- Are you satisfied with the time you spent with our Lord this week?
- Did you go to church or any other Christian fellowship related gatherings?
- Has your thoughts drifted away from the goals you have set up in your life?
- If so, how can your help to get your thinking back on track?
Accountability Partner Scriptures
- Proverbs 25:12
- Proverbs 27:17
- Ecclesiastes 4:8-12
- Romans 14: 13-23
- 2 Corinthians 12:19
- 2 Corinthians 13:6
- Galatians 6: 1-6
- Colossians 3:16
- Ephesians 4:9-13
- 1 Thessalonians 5:14
- James 5:15-16
- Hebrews 3:13
- 2 Peter 1:10
Accountability Partner For Teens
- Are you spent daily time in God’s Word and in prayer this week?
- Have you had any flirtatious or lustful attitudes, tempting thoughts, or exposed yourself to any explicit materials such as the internet, television, movies, music, etc., that would not glorify God?
- Have you honored your mother and father?
- Have you remained pure in your dating relationships?
- Are you telling any half-truths or outright lies, putting yourself in a better light to those around you?
Accountability Partner For Men
- Do you spend daily time in God’s Word and prayer?
- Have you flirted, or had lustful attitudes, tempting thoughts, or exposed yourself to any explicit materials which would not glorify God?
- Is your goal to pursue the hearts of your wife and kids?
- Have you shared the Gospel with an unbeliever this week?
- Do you give your body daily physical exercise and proper eating/sleeping habits?
Accountability Partner For Women
- Have you spent regular time in prayer? When?
- Have your thoughts been pure? Have you resisted lustful, envious thoughts or exposed yourself to explicit materials?
- Do you have three relationships that you nurtured mostly?
- Do your words build up or tear down others or yourself?
- Have you exposed yourself or contributed to gossip?
Accountability Partner For Couples
- Have we prayed together this week? As a couple? As a family?
- Have we encouraged our children and each other this week? Compliments? Did you brighten someone’s day?
- How much time did you spend with God this week, not counting Sunday?
- Did you get your 5-second kiss/hug today? Did you give the kids a 5-second hug?
- Do you stay on or go above your spending on your budget?
Find Hope And Encouragement From Our Links!
- If you just started believing in God, we have a page specifically for you.
- If you are dealing with anger, stress, or depression, we have information to help you.
- We have phone helplines, website links, YouTube videos.
- You can learn more about us and our goals, and our purpose.
- If you have a drug/alcohol problem, or if you want to get right with God, you are at the right place!
- If you need to talk to someone right away, you can call 800-633-3446 or click here.
- Finally, if you have any questions or get on our email list, just let us know.
- I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it. ~ Charles R. Swindoll
- Please consider paying it forward to others by telling them about NeedEncouragment.com. Also, consider bookmarking this encouragement website for future reference. Enjoy the rest of the site!
- Please contact us if you have any questions or comments or want some encouragement or learn more about an accountability partner?
- Instead of giving someone a piece of your mind, share with them a part of your heart.
- The love of God is not based on you. God’s love is placed on you!
- I encourage you to start rekindling or strengthening your relationship with God today! Matthew 19:26
- Trust God, for He has a plan for your life. Jeremiah 29:11
- Please contact us if you have any questions or comments. Learn more about us by viewing our website.
For Encouragement, Call 1-800-633-3446 or Chat