Overeating Can Be Corrected, Learn How!
Here is something I would like you to consider: Do you want to quit overeating? Do you sometimes eat just out of habit? If you are like most people, you probably do. Ask God to give you the wisdom you need to cut back on certain foods, so you too can learn how to quit overeating!
Eating is something we all have to do each day, yet for some people, eating has become a problem in their life. Quit overeating today! Do you think you might eat because you are Anxious? Lonely? Tired? Bored? ~ Bill Greguska
How to Quit Overeating: Eat Healthy And Exercise
- Focus on finding healthy foods you enjoy. Find easy recipes that include fresh ingredients. Over time, your diet will become healthier and healthy foods will taste much more delicious.
- Count the number of pieces of food you want to comfortably and sensibly limit yourself to, keeping in mind that food is not like cigarettes of alcohol or drugs that are not only harmful to us but are also not necessary like food is.
- Take small steps toward change. You didn’t become overweight in one day—and you won’t get healthy in one day either. Thinking that you will lose weight overnight isn’t realistic. Changing your body weight means an entirely new way of life, and that will take time. Take small steps, like adding a salad to one meal a day. Small changes become new habits. You then can continue to add more healthy food choices to your diet.
- Don’t think you need to eat perfectly healthy all the time. Gradually, however, you will notice that things will be getting easier for you! Don’t completely give up the foods that you love. Just be willing to eat less of them, and less often.
Your long-term goal should be to be healthier and to feel better about yourself physically and overall. You’ll learn to make better choices. For instance, popcorn (without butter or salt) can be an excellent way to feel full without consuming a lot of calories. Add healthy greens and foods like blueberries or salmon to your diet. Eating raw veggies (any time of the day!) can take away some of the cravings you might experience. But your new lifestyle and a new way of eating will be well worth it! Being overweight can be a thing of the past!
How to Eat Healthily And Lose Weight?
Well, I think probably the main reason people overeat is stress. ~ Jenny Craig
Proverbs 25:16 If you find honey, eat just enough— too much of it, and you will vomit.
Think of Water And Exercise as Two Good Friends
- Water helps flush your body of waste products and toxins.
- Staying well hydrated will help you feel less hungry and help you make healthier food choices.
- Exercise helps your metabolism work for you. Make sure you schedule 30 minutes of some form of exercise, at least, five days a week, even if it’s just walking in your neighborhood. (You don’t have to join a gym. Any form of consistent exercise will do.) 1 Timothy 4:8-10
- Regular exercise motivates you to make healthier food choices, and healthier food choices often become a habit! There are many lifelong benefits to exercise, and you’ll be pleased when you begin to experience them!
Related Pages of Encouragement:
A Special Link for a Little Extra Encouragement
Portion Control and How to Quit Overeating!
To Quit Overeating is Critical to Your Health!
A healthy diet is based on balance and sensible reduction. The goal of eating healthy is to develop a diet and a way of eating that you can keep up for life. Healthy eating habits can be learned, and you can also learn how to quit overeating, but keep in mind that you have been eating the way you have been for a while, and it will take some time to relearn your bad habits.
How to Quit Overeating, And Find a Friend!
Eat Can Be Critical to Your Life! Consider This:
- It is important to slow down when you eat, tasting the flavors and feeling the textures of the food. Think about food as nourishment, not just something to wolf down on the way to where you are going next. Chew your food enough before swallowing—at least 8 to 12 chews per mouthful. Eat your food slowly, savoring every bite.
- Reconnect with the joy of eating. Rid yourself of the negative feelings of being overweight.
- Eat with family or friends when possible. Eating with other people has many social and emotional benefits. John 6:35
- Question if you are starving. Drink a glass of water to see if you are thirsty instead of hungry. During a meal, stop eating before you feel full. It takes up to twenty minutes for your brain to tell your body that it had enough food to eat, so stop before you are full.
- Make sure you eat breakfast. A healthy breakfast can jump-start your metabolism.
- A little laughter can help you to digest your food. Besides that, it has a way of making eating more enjoyable!
- Eat four or five smaller meals throughout the day instead of the three standard large meals. By eating smaller healthy meals throughout the day, you keep your metabolism going and keep yourself from feeling starved by mealtime.
- Avoid eating at night. Studies show that this simple dietary adjustment might help to regulate weight. Eat during the daytime (when you’re active); don’t eat at night (when your digestive system needs a long break)
- Eat a proper balance of carbohydrates, fat, fiber, protein, vitamins, and minerals to develop a healthy body.
- Eat healthy fruits and vegetables regularly. They are the foundation of a healthy diet, are low in calories, and are packed with vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and fiber.
Please contact us if you have any questions or comments or would just like some encouragement?
Cereal eating is almost a marker for a healthy lifestyle. It sets you up for the day, so you don’t overeat. ~ Bruce Barton
Genesis 2:16-17 And the Lord God commanded the man, “You are free to eat from any tree in the garden; but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat from it you will certainly die.”