Do You Want To Stop Overeating?
Please contact us if you have any questions or comments, or would just like some encouragement?
Cereal eating is almost a marker for a healthy lifestyle. It sets you up for the day, so you don’t overeat. ~ Bruce Barton
Genesis 2:16-17 And the Lord God commanded the man, “You are free to eat from any tree in the garden; but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat from it, you will certainly die.”
9 Strategies To Stop Overeating!
Addiction Resource Links:
Well, I think probably the main reason people overeat is stress. ~ Jenny Craig
Proverbs 25:16 If you find honey, eat just enough— too much of it, and you will vomit.
Are You Overeating?
Stop Overeating Today!
Do you want to quit overeating? Do you sometimes eat just out of habit? If you are like most Americans, you probably do.
Ask God to give you the wisdom you need to cut back on certain foods, so you too can learn how to make overeating a thing of the past!
My suggestion is to set up some eating boundaries like a limit to one cookie per day, not going back for seconds, drinking more water, etc.
Eating is something we all have to do each day, yet for some people, food has become a problem in their life.
Do You Want To Quit Overeating Today?
Do you think you might eat because you are Anxious? Lonely? Tired? Bored?
I eat more food than I ought to, the thing is that I am 6’4″ and weigh 230 lbs and I look somewhat slender, the problem is that I sometimes do not watch what I eat. Having too much sugar, too much salt in our diet is not a good thing at all.
People like me seem to get away with overeating, but I realize that overeating is not healthy at all! I have been watching what I eat, but it is hard sometimes (I am sure you know what I mean!). Learn more below. ~ Bill Greguska
Some Healthy Ways To Find Encouragement Anytime!
- Pray To God!
- Call 800-633-3446!
- Chat On-Line!
- Read Your Bible!
- Watch Encouraging Videos!
- Look For A Church!
- Contact Us!
- Listen To Christian Music!
- Happy Moments Praise God
- Difficult Moments Seek God
- Quiet Moments Worship God
- Painful Moments Trust God
- Every Moment Thank God
- Got Any Questions?
Portion Control And How To Quit Overeating!
Since You Can Quit Anything With God’s Help For:
- 15 minutes
- 30 minutes
- 1 hour
- 3 hours
- 8 hours and longer
Then with God’s help, there is hope for you to quit ANY addiction or a bad habit that has put you in chains.
Go for the goal of 24 hours, then two days, four days, seven days, and so forth.
Do it One Day At A Time!
I am not saying it will be easy, but with God, all things are possible!
Here Are Some Helpful Links:
- How can I overcome a habitual sin?
- What does the Bible say about eating disorders (e.g., anorexia, bulimia)?
- What does the Bible say about overeating?
- Why did the Old Testament Law command against the eating of pork?
- Why do we pray before eating meals?
How To Quit Overeating, Eat Healthy, And Exercise
Cut Back If You Think You Are Overeating!
- Focus on finding healthy foods you enjoy. Find easy recipes that include fresh ingredients. Over time, your meals will taste much more delicious.
- Count the number of pieces of food you want to comfortably and sensibly limit yourself to, keeping in mind that food is not like cigarettes of alcohol or drugs that are not only harmful to us but are also not necessary like food is.
Take Small Steps Toward Change.
- You didn’t become overweight in one day—and you won’t get healthy in one day either. Thinking that you will lose weight overnight isn’t realistic.
- Changing your body weight means an entirely new way of life, and that will take time. Take small steps, like adding a salad to one meal a day. Small changes become new habits. You then can continue to add more healthy food choices to your diet.
- Don’t think you need to eat perfectly healthy all the time. Gradually, however, you will notice that things will be getting more comfortable for you! Don’t entirely give up the foods that you love. Just be willing to eat less of them and less often.
Your long-term goals
should be to be healthier and to feel better about yourself physically and overall. You’ll learn to make better choices. For instance, popcorn (without butter or salt) can be an excellent way to feel full without consuming a lot of calories.
Add healthy greens and foods like blueberries or salmon to your diet. Eating raw veggies (any time of the day!) can take away some of the cravings you might experience. But your new lifestyle and a new way of eating will be well worth it! Being overweight can be a thing of the past!
Consider Water And Exercise As Two Good Friends!
- Water helps to flush your body of waste products and toxins.
- Staying well hydrated will help you feel less hungry and help you make healthier food choices.
- Exercise helps your metabolism work for you. Make sure you schedule 30 minutes of some form of exercise, at least five days a week, even if it’s just walking in your neighborhood. (You don’t have to join a gym. Any form of regular exercise will do.) 1 Timothy 4:8-10
- Regular exercise motivates you to make healthier food choices, and healthier food choices often become a habit! There are many lifelong benefits to exercise, and you’ll be pleased when you begin to experience them!
- Start by focusing on healthy foods that include fresh ingredients such as vegetables and fruits. You do not have to quit eating, but make sure that you eat in moderation. You know that being overweight and not feeling good go hand in hand. Find encouragement on this page to help you stop overeating!
Related Pages Of Encouragement:
A Special Link for a Little Extra Encouragement
Get Food Under Control In Your Life!
Do You Need Help To Stop Overeating?
- It is essential to slow down when you eat, tasting the flavors and feeling the textures of the food. Think about food as nourishment, not just something to wolf down on the way to where you are going next. Chew your food enough before swallowing—at least 8 to 12 chews per mouthful. Eat your food slowly, savoring every bite.
- Reconnect with the joy of eating. Rid yourself of the negative feelings of being overweight.
- Eat with family or friends when possible. Eating with other people has many social and emotional benefits. John 6:35
Question If You Are Starving.
- Drink a glass of water to see if you are thirsty instead of hungry. During a meal, stop eating before you feel full. It takes up to twenty minutes for your brain to tell your body that it had enough food to eat, so stop before you are full.
- Make sure you eat breakfast. A healthy breakfast can jump-start your metabolism. (I drink 32 ounces of water first thing in the morning before I eat breakfast).
- A little laughter can help you to digest your food. Besides that, it has a way of making eating more enjoyable!
- Eat four or five smaller meals throughout the day instead of the three standard large meals. By eating smaller healthy snacks throughout the day, you keep your metabolism going and save yourself from feeling starved by mealtime.
- Avoid eating at night. Studies show that this simple dietary adjustment might help to regulate weight. Eat during the daytime (when you’re active); don’t eat at night (when your digestive system needs a long break)
- Eat a proper balance of carbohydrates, fat, fiber, protein, vitamins, and minerals to develop a healthy body.
- Eat healthy fruits and vegetables regularly. They are the foundation of a healthy diet, are low in calories, and are packed with vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and fiber.
What If My Problems Seem Out Of Control?
Find Hope And Encouragement From Our Links!
- If you just started believing in God, we have a page specifically for you.
- If you are dealing with anger, stress, or depression, we have information that can be of help to you.
- We have phone helplines, website links, youtube videos.
- You can learn more about us and our goals and our purpose.
- If you have a drug/alcohol problem or if you want to get right with God, you are at the right place!
- If you need to talk to someone right away, you can call 800-633-3446 or click here.
- Finally, if you have any questions or would like to get on our email list, just let us know.
For Encouragement Call 1-800-633-3446 or Chat