Am I Holy?
Please contact us if you have any questions or comments, or would just like some encouragement?
Are you holy? We can compare ourselves with others, and think we are pretty good, but when we compare ourselves to God, we can see we fall short, and we are only holy because of Him. God has offered to blot away our sins and forgive us as far as the east is from the west when we come to Him humbly and receive Him by faith to be our Lord and Savior. ~ Bill Greguska
Isaiah 64:6 All of us have become like one who is unclean, and all our righteous acts are like filthy rags; we all shrivel up like a leaf, and like the wind, our sins sweep us away.
1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.
John Beaver On Pursuing Holiness!
1 Peter 1:15-16 But just as he who called you is holy, so be holy in all you do; for it is written: “Be holy because I am holy.”
Learn About Specific Scriptures Of Encouragement!
What does the Open Bible say about holiness?
What does Biblegateway say about holiness?
In General, What Does The Word Holy Mean?
The Hebrew word ‘holy’ (qadosh) probably originally meant ‘separate’ or ‘set apart.’ The word holy means “sacred, set apart from the profane (unholy) and for God.” Baker’s Encyclopedia of the Bible says, “The original Old Testament word for holiness means ‘to cut or to separate.’ Fundamentally, holiness is a cutting off or separation from what is unclean, and consecration to what is pure.” Holiness in the highest sense belongs to God (Isaiah 6:3; Revelation 15:4).
The Holy Spirit Helps Us Gain Holiness!
When I make these mistakes and others, which I do daily, I acknowledge them and give thanks to God for my salvation in Jesus. “If we confess our sins. He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness” (I John 1:9).
Here is God’s will, the Spirit’s greatest desire for each one of us. “Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind (which is the Holy Spirit’s work in us), that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect” (Romans 12:2).
Peter Explains Holiness!
When Peter speaks in 1 Peter 1:16, he is talking specifically to believers. As believers, we need to be “set apart” from the world unto the Lord. We need to be living by God’s standards, not the world’s. God isn’t calling us to be perfect but to be distinct from the world. 1 Peter 2:9 describes believers as “a holy nation.” It is a fact! We are separated from the world; we need to live out that reality in our day-to-day lives, which Peter tells us how to do in 1 Peter 1:13-16.
What Does The Holy Spirit Do For Us?
- Directs us away from sin. Galatians 5:16
- He leads us to God’s truth. John 16:13
- Prompts us to do God’s will. Psalm. 143:10
- Guides us by His power. Zechariah 4:6
- He helps us when we are weak. Romans 8:26-27
What If My Problems Seem Out Of Control?
We Pray You Find Hope And Encouragement From Our Links!
- If you just started believing in God, we have a page specifically for you.
- If you are dealing with anger, stress, or depression, we have information that can be of help to you.
- We have phone helplines, website links, youtube videos.
- You can learn more about us and our goals and our purpose.
- If you have a drug/alcohol problem or if you want to get right with God, you are at the right place!
- If you need to talk to someone right away, you can call 800-633-3446 or click here.
- Finally, if you have any questions or would like to get on our email list, just let us know.
For Encouragement Call 1-800-633-3446 or Chat