TEST YOUR FAITH
Test Your Faith So That You Know it is Real!
Test your faith quote:
“I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.” ~ C.S. Lewis
- Related Pages of Encouragement: What about your faith? / Hope
- A Special Link for a Little Extra Encouragement
Have you tested your faith recently?
Different nationalities and why do they believe in God?
Encouraging Scriptures about testing things:
- 1 Thessalonians 5:19-21 Do not quench the Spirit. Do not treat prophecies with contempt but test them all; hold on to what is good,
- Psalm 106:14 In the desert they gave in to their craving; in the wilderness, they put God to the test.
- Psalm 139:23 Search me, God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts.
Test your faith and Bible knowledge
- Can a person go to heaven unless they are without sin like God?
- Can you know for sure that you will go to heaven before you die?
- Are the ten commandments given to show people that they are sinful?
- Is the most important division in the Bible is the old and the new testament?
- If I had accepted the gift Christ gave me when he died on the cross for my sin, does that guarantee me eternal life with God?
Answers to the 5 test questions test your Bible knowledge:
1. Can a person go to heaven unless they are without sin like God? TRUE
I Corinthians 6:9 says, “know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God.” Romans 3:22 tells us that, “all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;” and Romans 3:10 says, “…There is none righteous, no, not one.” To be righteous would mean that we would be as good as God, which none of us are according to the verses above. So if we are all unrighteous, and no guilty person can dwell in the glory of God in his kingdom, how will we ever get to heaven?
2. You can know for sure that you will go to heaven before you die? TRUE
If eternal life could be lost after it was possessed, it couldn’t be called eternal, could it? Ephesians 1:13-14 teaches that “after that, you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also, after that ye believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise, Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession,”
3. Are the ten commandments given to show people that they are sinful? TRUE
Romans 3:19-20 makes it very clear that the law (10 Commandments) was given so “that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.” “…By the deeds of the law, there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.”
4. Is the most important division in the Bible is between the old and new testament? FALSE
There are things that God spoke by his holy prophets since the world began called prophecy Acts 3:21, and things that God gave to the Apostle Paul that he called a mystery, kept secret since the world began Romans 16:25 and Colossians 1:26. By revealing the mystery, God made it clear how believers in the Lord Jesus Christ today would go to heaven.
5. If I have you had decided in your own heart to accepted the gift Christ gave me when he died on the cross for my sin, does that guarantee me eternal life with God? TRUE
Only trust that Christ died on the cross as payment for your sin and know he rose from the dead overcoming death. I Corinthians 15:1-4. By believing in Jesus Christ’s payment on the cross, you are given the righteousness of God. 2 Corinthians 5:21, eternal life Romans 6:23 and so many other free gifts from Jesus Christ our Lord.
Information from KeyToTruth.com
Want to strengthen and test your faith in God
If you are interested in having your faith in God and do you trust in God while your faith has increased and to know more about what you believe and the truth about Jesus Christ, you have come to the right place. To be sure of your salvation, in private prayer, confess your sinful nature to Him, completely surrender yourself to Him and love Him as He implores you in John 14:21.
Because of your faith, you can gain encouragement and be assured that you are saved, because according to John 10: 28-29. “He knows his sheep, and his sheep know him, and no one can snatch his sheep from his hand,” even though our sinful nature causes us to sin again and again. He says that twice, so you know He means it.
Not sure about having faith in God?
It is very wise to test your confidence in God. Having faith in God is not something to do just because everyone else seems to be doing it. It’s a decision made with both your heart and your head. Don’t expose yourself to the arguments of non-Christians, or you’ll find yourself rejecting the Holy Spirit and subscribing to their beliefs. Read Matt 10:32-33, and Matt 12:30-32, Mark 3:28-29, and Luke 12:10. These verses say that blasphemy against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven.
Jesus says that all of our sins are forgiven except for sinning against the Holy Spirit. In Acts 5:1-11, Ananias and Sapphira found that out when they lied to the Holy Spirit about the amount of money they promised to give to the early Christian ministry, and they both dropped dead. Do not jeopardize your salvation by going against or displeasing the Holy Spirit.
Sharing the gospel takes boldness.
God’s Spirit must fill us with His power. If you and I are honest, our reluctance to preach the Gospel may just be a case of being a people pleaser or even being ashamed of the Gospel. Sometimes for me, I feel as if I do not want to provoke people by bringing up the words God, Jesus, Holy Spirit or Christianity, but would rather avoid an argument or confrontation of some sort, broken relationships, or possible ridicule.
But, look at it the way I try to do… if I were genuinely excited about something big in my life, wouldn’t it be only natural that I would want to share the good news (faith, or, in this case, the gospel) with as many people as I could? When I think that way, it always seems to unlock my mouth, and I speak up. Just a warning – whenever you do share the gospel with another person, do not do so with any amount of arrogance or a better than thou attitude, this can be sensed a mile away and can be a real turnoff for the person you are trying to share the truth of Jesus.
Test your faith with Charles Stanley!
Sharing the Gospel produces faith in God.
Having faith comes by hearing the Word of God. Not hearing God’s word will result in a lack of confidence. For others to believe, they are going to have to listen to the Gospel. People typically do not come to faith the very first time they hear the gospel, but it is more like a chain with many links. When you share the gospel with someone, you might be the 10th, 20th or even 30th or more person that they have heard it from.
But, if their ears and heart are open and God, through the Holy Spirit, speaks to you, it might just be the day that God takes off the blinders and opens their ears and heart to have them come to faith. Remember that it is the Holy Spirit, not you that saves a person – but we need to be obedient to make an effort to befriend and share the gospel in the first place.
How well do you need to know the other person you share your faith with?
- It is evident that building relationships with people are an important thing, but remember that you do not have to know the person that is drowning before you save their life.
- Often it takes many times of hearing the Gospel be saved. For me, I knew about God since I was a little boy, and I heard stories of how Jesus came to save me a sinner, but I needed to listen to this when my heart and mind were ready to accept it fully.
- We need the wisdom to know when we should speak to people about Christ and when using actions and not words can maximize the impact of our witness. Sometimes, when we share the good news with others, they want nothing to do with it.
- Often people say in response to our trying to witness to them that “we must earn the right to be heard.” Well, according to the Scripture, Jesus made that right for me as well. We preach in the authority and righteousness that He gained it through His life and death.
- In fact, if a person’s eternal soul is at stake, you should have some sense of urgency in your efforts.
- We should never take for granted our faith in God. In some countries, people are killed for having faith in God. Be sure to examine and test your faith!
Get help to write your own Faith Story to share with others!
“Sometimes God allows what he hates to accomplish what he loves.” ~ Joni Eareckson Tada
Please contact us if you have any questions or comments?