Each of us has things that distract us. The question is, what are we going to do about it? I have found ways to stay on track by avoiding certain situations. I have also noticed specific ways of remembering other things so that when my day gets busy, I don’t forget about important details because of a distraction or multiple distractions. You may think multitasking can be helpful, and to a degree, it can be, but I do not suggest multitasking.
I suggest little things that can become good habits, such as putting something right in front of the door at home or work when you know for sure you will need it. Another good practice to start can be to do certain things at a particular time, such as reading your emails and social media, being disciplined to stick with your new good habit, and working on getting rid of bad habits at the same time. Distractions and bad habits can be changed if you have the honesty, open-mindedness, and willingness to change things!
You Need To Plan To Get Ahead!
If you set your priorities up ahead of time, you will be much more likely to get what you need to do with preferences, including setting boundaries. When we allow distractions to hijack us, we get off track and become a victim of distractions. Set back and analyze what causes you the most distractions, and then cut it off at the pass. This can be done gently and kindly by telling others that you will help them, but not now. You might also want to carry a notebook in your pocket with a pen and write quick notes to yourself so you do not forget and break your word to others.
Below you will see seven ways that Kris Reece clearly describes how we allow different types of distractions to get us off course and even further away from God ~ Bill Greguska.
Distractions Can Be A Problem For Many People!
1. The Comparison Trap
4. People Pleasing
5. Toxic Thinking
7. Lack of Fairness
Find Hope And Encouragement From Our Links!
- If you just started believing in God, we have a page specifically for you.
- If you are dealing with anger, stress, or depression, we have information to help you.
- We have phone helplines, website links, youtube videos.
- You can learn more about us and our goals and our purpose.
- If you have a drug/alcohol problem or if you want to get right with God, you are at the right place!
- If you need to talk to someone right away, you can call 800-633-3446 or click here.
- Finally, if you have any questions or want to get on our email list, just let us know.
For Encouragement Call 1-800-633-3446 or Chat