Please contact us if you have any questions or comments or would just like some encouragement?
How To Build Closer Friendships?
More Links Concerning Friends:
Friendships Are The Hardest Ships To Sail! But They Are So Worthwhile!
Romans 12:18 If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone.
Many people will walk in and out of your life, but only true friends will leave footprints in your heart. ~ Eleanor Roosevelt
- Be with those who help you be you. You are wired the way you are for a reason to make this world a better place and to bring God glory with your unique set of gifts. Surround yourself with people who want to nurture that person.
- Be with those who believe in your dreams. We need cheerleaders on our journey. We need people who will see the best in us. We need friends who will help us stand up when we fall because they believe in our dreams as much as we do.
- Be with those who make you better, not bitter. There is enough negativity in the world; try not to insulate yourself with people who see the worst in everything. Negativity is contagious, but so is positivity. Find positive people, and be one of those people.
- Be with those who aren’t afraid to hold you accountable. Often, the people who believe in you the most — the ones “who help you be you” — are the same people who aren’t afraid to speak the truth when it needs to be told. Keep those friends especially close.And lastly, it’s not enough to surround yourself with these people. BE one of those friends to the people in your life.
Biblical Friendship Information Here!
A Friend Points You to God Compared to Someone Who Pulls You Away From God!
- What are some of your responsibilities in being a good friend to someone?
- What does forgiveness have to do with friendship?
- What are the three most essential things in a healthy friendship?
- What do you need to do if you have hurt a friend’s feelings?
- What does the statement “Do on to others as you would have them do to you.” Mean to you?
- What is the biggest strength you feel you have regarding friendship?
- What is a weakness you have that you have concerning friendship?
Three Christian Types of Friends Found in the Bible And Your Life?
- Everyone needs a friend like Apostle Paul (Mentor)
- Everyone needs to be a friend like Timothy (Mentee)
- Everyone needs a friend like Barnabas (Encourager)
Unfavorable Friends Can Be Classified:
- Conditional friend– a requirement placed on a relationship dependent on a specific need being met.
- Counterfeit friend– gives the impression of being a friend but isn’t someone who can be trusted.
- Fair-Weather friend– disappears during a time of need but will return once a bad time or situation passes.
- Leech friend– drains an individual of their energy.
- Occasional friend– friendly during certain times, but suddenly stops being friendly without any reason or notice. Later, the person will be friendly (again) on their terms.
- Negative friend– consider themselves friends but is always pessimistic about things related to the friendship or what their friend does.
- Noncommittal friend– goes back and forth on their belief(s), support, assistance, etc.
- Situational friend– an individual suddenly becomes friendly once a particular event occurs that there might be a personal benefit.
- Spiteful friend– jealous of someone’s efforts to achieve or actual success.
- Toxic friend- gives an impression of providing support but actively works to undermine their efforts.
Scriptures About Friendship
A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for a time of adversity.
A man of many companions may come to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother.
Greater love has no one than this that someone lay down his life for his friends.
Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another.
Two are better than one because they have a good reward for their toil. For if they fall, one will lift up his fellow. But woe to him who is alone when he falls and has not another to lift him up! Again, if two lie together, they keep warm, but how can one keep warm alone? And though a man might prevail against one who is alone, two will withstand him-a threefold cord is not quickly broken.
1 Corinthians 15:33
Do not be deceived: “Bad company ruins good morals.”
1 Thessalonians 5:11
Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing.
“He who withholds kindness from a friend forsakes the fear of the Almighty.
Whoever walks with the wise becomes wise, but the companion of fools will suffer harm.
A dishonest man spreads strife, and a whisperer separates close friends.
And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near.
Make no friendship with a man given to anger, nor go with a wrathful man, lest you learn his ways and entangle yourself in a snare.
Two are better than one because they have a good reward for their toil. For if they fall, one will lift up his fellow. But woe to him who is alone when he falls and has not another to lift him up!
Whoever covers an offense seeks love, but he who repeats a matter separates close friends.
And as you wish that others would do to you, do so to them.
That is that we may be mutually encouraged by each other’s faith, both yours and mine.
Better is open rebuke than hidden love. Faithful are the wounds of a friend; profuse are the kisses of an enemy.
“This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this that someone lay down his life for his friends. You are my friends if you do what I command you.
No longer do I call you servants, for the servant does not know what his master is doing, but I have called you friends, for all that I have heard from my Father I have made known to you.
Love one another with brotherly affection. Outdo one another in showing honor.
For if while we were enemies we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, now that we are reconciled, shall we be saved by his life.
Bear one another’s burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.
Rejoice with those who rejoice, weep with those who weep.
“Do two walk together unless they have agreed to meet?
Bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive.
When a man’s ways please the Lord, he makes even his enemies to be at peace with him.
Let your foot be seldom in your neighbor’s house, lest he have his fill of you and hate you.
1 John 4:21
And this commandment we have from him: whoever loves God must also love his brother.
Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.
2 Corinthians 6:14
Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers. For what partnership has righteousness with lawlessness? Or what fellowship has light with darkness?
Find Hope And Encouragement From Our Links!
- If you just started believing in God, we have a page specifically for you.
- If you are dealing with anger, stress, or depression, we have information that can help you.
- We have phone helplines, website links, and YouTube videos.
- You can learn more about us, our goals, and our purpose.
- If you have a drug/alcohol problem or want to get right with God, you are at the right place!
- If you need to talk to someone right away, you can call 800-633-3446 or click here.
- Finally, if you have any questions or want to get on our email list, just let us know.