Make God Your Priority When Dating?
What About Dating?
Don’t you think it makes sense to be dating the right person? Another way of looking at it is to make sure that you are the right person yourself.
Practical tips on how to find the right person! If you are interested in knowing how to date someone, you will find many helpful tips for your on this page. Healthy dating is based on honesty, good communication, respect and being open to your date while always being free to be yourself.
The purpose of exclusive dating should be married as the ultimate goal; although some people mutually agree to be good close friends without being romantically driven towards one another which is different.
Be the right person, and date the right person. Before a couple even thinks about getting married, they ought to consider going together at the very least for one year before making that commitment. Make sure you do not go too quickly, remember that it takes some time to grow a tree. ~ Bill Greguska
Here Are Some Helpful Links:
- Is sex okay before marriage?
- Sex only okay after marriage?
- Should a Christian use a dating service to find a spouse?
- What does the Bible say about dating?
- What is the difference between dating and courting?
Concerning Dating, What Should Your Mind Be Set On?
Never let a fool kiss you, or a kiss fool you. ~ Joey Adams
Ephesians 5:3 But among you, there must not be even a hint of sexual immorality, or of any kind of impurity, or of greed, because these are improper for God’s holy people.
Taking Time To Really Know One Another Is Critical!
Do Not Rush Things When Dating!
Please slow down when you are dating because if you feel pressure and just want to get married. If you go too fast, you will likely make emotional decisions that you will possibly regret later on.
Get to know and like the person you are dating. How to get the other person is by seeing them in different settings to see how they react.
A person can and will put their best foot forward for a while, but in the end, you will get the real person, which is why it is important to take time getting to know and understand the person you are dating. Marriage is a lifelong commitment, not just something to take light heartedly and end up in a divorce.
Best Tip To Dating The Right Person!
Related Pages Of Encouragement:
- Be a good friend
- Be more friendly
- Healthy relationships
- How can you describe what is love?
- What is love?
A Special Link For a Little Extra Encouragement
In Dating, How To Get To Know Each Other!
- Do not pursue a serious dating relationship until you are ready to marry. Until people are mature enough to get married, they ought not to be in a serious romantic relationship. But, in the meantime, they should use their time growing as a person.
- Be yourself and especially guard your heart until you know another person. Make sure the other person is worth your time and energy to get possibly involved in a deeper relationship.
- Talking about marriage right off the bat is a good way to scare off someone you care about, especially if they do not feel as attracted to you as you are to them.
- When you date a friend, you will be able to see your date in many situations such as how they handle stress, how they treat their family and others.
- A sense of humor is not only enjoyable but is an excellent tool to be able to handle what life hands out.
Dating Is A Process, Not A Race!
- Observe your partner’s personality be sure that they are loyal, how they handle on their temper, are they open to what the Bible teaches, are not addicted to any drugs or alcohol, tend to be unselfish, honest in all areas of their life, like how they handle decision-making, values, respect, forgiveness, etc. But most importantly how their faith in God influences their life.
- Practice manners from the start and keep them a high priority throughout the relationship. If you don’t keep this respectful attitude when the foundations of marriage are being laid, it will be almost impossible to start them later.
- Don’t expect your partner to be perfect which means things the media conjure up in our minds (muscular men/shapely women). Looks are fleeting, but good character is something worth more than silver or gold.
- Date with a purpose in mind. Guard your heart and don’t allow yourself to be disrespected. Have high standards. Don’t settle for something mediocre when God has something exceptional for you.
- God intended sex to be for marriage, and as a disciple of Christ, it’s our responsibility to protect ourselves for when we get married. The world has turned the sexual activity into a recreational sport when, in fact, God’s purpose for sex is for it to be a spiritual bonding of two married people. Don’t let the world influence your view on sex.
Follow The Leading Of God, Not Of Your Hormones
- “Don’t judge a book by its cover.” That’s how the old saying goes. But as you start getting to know the other person, ask questions and learn about your date before you begin to consider letting yourself fall in love.
- Make sure your values and goals do not clash; if you would love having children and your partner is not interested would be a good example of a conflict. Also, it is suggested that your spending habits ought not to clash with your date because money is an issue that creates arguments.
- Are there standards for movies and television like yours?
- Are they the type of person who keeps their word?
- Share on an as need basis, which means not to disclose over personal shortcomings at the beginning, yet at some point when more will need to come out in time.
- Do not get involved in any romantic relationship with someone who is a non-Christian. You can be friends, but do not date someone who does not hold similar spiritual beliefs, it can be a point of division in the long run.
What Are Some Of The Important Benefits Of Dating?
Don’t Be Naive, Because Roses Do Have Thorns Too…
When You Date The Right Person, You Will Know It!
What If My Problems Seem Out Of Control?
Find Hope And Encouragement From Our Links!
- If you just started believing in God, we have a page specifically for you.
- If you are dealing with anger, stress, or depression, we have information that can be of help to you.
- We have phone helplines, website links, youtube videos.
- You can learn more about us and our goals and our purpose.
- If you have a drug/alcohol problem, or if you just want to get right with God you are at the right place!
- If you need to talk to someone right away, you can call 800-633-3446 or click here.
- Finally, if you have any questions, or would like to get on our email list, just let us know.
For Encouragement Call 1-800-633-3446 or Chat
Please contact us if you have any questions or comments or would just like some encouragement?
Dating is fun. It’s light: There’s courting; there’s the interesting, exciting text messaging and flirting. There’s no weight. When you start getting into relationships, you really start having to consider each other in your lives, and I think that’s really important. ~ Denise Vasi
2 Corinthians 6:14 Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness?