Make God Your Priority When Dating?
Please contact us if you have any questions or comments or would just like some encouragement?
Dating is fun. It’s light: There’s courting; there’s the interesting, exciting text messaging and flirting. There’s no weight. When you start getting into relationships, you really start having to consider each other in your lives, and I think that’s really important. ~ Denise Vasi
2 Corinthians 6:14 Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness?
Specific Relationship Resource Links:
Best Tip To Dating The Right Person!
Want To Start Dating?
Taking Time To Know One Another Is Critical!
Don’t you think it makes sense to be dating the right person? Another way of looking at it is to make sure that you are the right person yourself.
Practical tips on how to find the right person! If you are interested in knowing how to date someone, you will find many helpful tips for you on this page. Good dating is based on honesty, having excellent communication, respect and being open to your date while always being free to be yourself.
The purpose of exclusive dating should be married as the ultimate goal; although some people mutually agree to be close friends without being romantically driven towards one another which is different.
Be the right person, and date the right person. Before a couple even thinks about getting married, they ought to consider going together at the very least for one year before making that commitment. Make sure you do not go too quickly. Remember that it takes some time to grow a tree. ~ Bill Greguska
Once You Find Someone, You Like, And They Like You!
This Is My Prayer That You Will!
- Guard your heart and take things slowly.
- Not get too emotional.
- Not get carried away by run-away thoughts that are too far ahead of the relationship.
- Keep all that happens in an open palm, 1Peter 5:7.
- Just be grateful for being able to walk alongside, breathe the same air, take one step at a time and wait wait WAIT on the LORD.
- Be an observer, a collector of information, a learner, realizing that each person is a DEEP WELL and no one but God is Omniscient!
- Remember that physical kissing or even holding hands can cloud rational thoughts!
- So pray that God reveals in His time all you need to know about your date to you, and all they need to know about you so you both can make a rational decision about going further.
Dating? Why Am I Still Single?
Here Are Some Helpful Links:
- Is sex okay before marriage?
- Sex only okay after marriage?
- Should a Christian use a dating service to find a spouse?
- What does the Bible say about dating?
- What is the difference between dating and courting?
Do Not Rush Things When Dating!
Please slow down when you are dating because if you feel pressure and want to get married. If you go too fast, you will likely make emotional decisions that you will possibly regret later on.
Get to know and like the person you are dating. How to get the other person is by seeing them in different settings to see how they react.
A person can and will put their best foot forward for a while, but in the end, you will get the real person, which is why it is essential to take time getting to know and understand the person you are dating. Marriage is a lifelong commitment, not just something to take light heartedly and end up in a divorce.
Related Pages Of Encouragement:
- Be a good friend
- Be more friendly
- Healthy relationships
- How can you describe what love is?
- What is love?
A Special Link For a Little Extra Encouragement
In Dating, How To Get To Know Each Other!
Don’t Be Naive, Because Roses Do Have Thorns Too!
- Do not pursue a serious dating relationship until you are ready to marry. Until people are mature enough to get married, they ought not to be in a serious romantic relationship. But, in the meantime, they should use their time growing as a person.
- Be yourself and especially guard your heart until you know another person. Make sure the other person is worth your time and energy to get possibly involved in a deeper relationship.
- Talking about marriage right off the bat is an excellent way to scare off someone you care about, especially if they do not feel as attracted to you as you are to them.
- When you date a friend, you will be able to see your date in many situations such as how they handle stress, how they treat their family and others.
- A sense of humor is not only enjoyable but is an excellent tool to be able to handle what life hands out.
Concerning Dating, What Should Your Mind Be Set On?
Ephesians 5:3 But among you, there must not be even a hint of sexual immorality, or of any kind of impurity, or of greed, because these are improper for God’s holy people.
30 Questions To Get To Know The Person You Are Dating Better?
Here are a few suggestions, not necessarily in this order, but as it naturally comes up or in a lull in the conversation, when prompted by the Holy Spirit:
- How did you come to know the Lord? i.e., What were the circumstances that brought you to the realization or understanding of the Gospel/Good News?
- What are your favorite things to do?
- What books have marked your life? – as a child; as an adult? (Were you read to as a child?)
- Mention some influences that made a positive impact on your life?
- What places have you lived/traveled?
- What friendships made a difference in your life?
- Have you learned some valuable lessons from people/friendships?
- Was there a teacher/class from school that you remember with fondness & why?
- What was/were the hardest year(s) in school? [Dr. James Dobson says the Middle School years are often the hardest and many bear the scars of those years.]
- Siblings? Birth order?
- Favorite time of the year?
- Do you have a favorite color/number?
- What’s your favorite bird & why?
- Are your parents alive?
- Did you take vacations with your family? Where? Favorite places, etc.
What If My Problems Seem Out Of Control?
Find Hope And Encouragement From Our Links!
- If you just started believing in God, we have a page specifically for you.
- If you are dealing with anger, stress, or depression, we have information that can be of help to you.
- We have phone helplines, website links, youtube videos.
- You can learn more about us and our goals and our purpose.
- If you have a drug/alcohol problem, or if you want to get right with God you are at the right place!
- If you need to talk to someone right away, you can call 800-633-3446 or click here.
- Finally, if you have any questions, or would like to get on our email list, just let us know.
For Encouragement Call 1-800-633-3446 or Chat