What Gives You Confidence?
Please contact us if you have any questions or comments or want encouragement.
To find confidence can sometimes be a job in itself. Often many people try to find faith in themselves or self-worth by what other people think of them, what type of job they have, and what kind of house or car they own. The natural way to increase your confidence is by increasing your faith and trust in God.
When I keep doing what is right, building confidence will naturally be the fruit I will bear. The way I can assess my day regularly is when I put my head on the pillow at night and look back on my day to see if I did all I could do, and if I did my best, then I can sleep at ease, and it will strengthen my confidence. My assessment is essential, but ultimately, God’s judgment is what counts. God has given you and me a gift called life, and what we do with it is our gift back to God through our gratitude. Remember: Knowing God is in control is the best form of confidence one can imagine! ~ Bill Greguska
Hebrews 10:35 So do not throw away your confidence; it will be richly rewarded.
Need To Relax?
Visit All Our Pages
How To Pray?
Video On How To Pray More Effectively?
Free Christian Counseling
But What Is The Real Test?
When we consider the good you have done for others is an indicator, but the real test is if you have done the will of God for the day that He has given you. I have two words that I try to remind myself of because they seem to find confidence.
These two terms are Confident and Comfortable. When I am confident and comfortable in who I am in God, I am on the top of my game, and I feel good about myself! Then my confidence shines in a friendly, humble way, and others I am around can notice it too. We all need to keep an eye on that we are human, and if we let our confidence turn into E.G.O., which stands for EASE GOD OUT. Then that is a different problem called pride which is not good either. ~ Bill Greguska
Here Are Some Helpful Links:
- How can I be sure I am praying according to the will of God?
- Trusting in God results in having confidence!
- What are some encouraging Bible verses?
- What does the Bible say about confidence?
- Why do so many people struggle with a lack of faith?
God Has A Plan For Your Life, So Have Confidence!
Find Confidence By Taking Good Care Of Yourself!
- Make a creative plan for yourself with a reward. A method such as, as soon as I get done with this project (whatever that may be), I will reward myself and encourage myself with (something that you have wanted to do for a while).
- Get into what you are doing. If you don’t feel motivated or enthusiastic, it will likely show what you do. The trick is to give yourself reasons to be motivated and put it into practice. Be your own best friend.
- Pray regularly. Do not reserve praying just for Sundays or when things are going wrong. Pray regularly and get to know God intimately.
- Reevaluate your goals. Set a significant and specific intent; this will motivate you much more than small goals. An extensive plan can inspire and encourage you better than a little one. Make sure it is realistic.
- Gain momentum with small goals. So, if you don’t feel like doing anything, start with something little and work your way up. Pick a particular area, such as organizing your desk or closet, and when you accomplish it, you will find that your success will boost you to the next challenge.
- Build up your speed. Start slow and build momentum instead of jumping in with both feet at full speed. You must imagine that you can do what you are setting out to do, or you don’t get started. Even if it’s at a plodding pace, getting started is better than not getting started.
- Who do you listen to ultimately? There are only five different sources of voice that we hear from in life. We can hear the voice of others, or we can listen to our voice, or we can listen to God’s voice, or we can listen to the voice of Satan, tempting us. The important thing is to figure out whose voice we hear and ultimately decide who we look to.
- Cut back on TV or whatever keeps you from your goals. If TV, or anything else, is holding you back, start to take steps to put your life back into perspective. If something does not encourage you, you can see clearly that it is doing the opposite and discouraging you. 1 Corinthians 10:23
- Bite-size pieces. I have heard it said, “How do you eat an elephant?” The answer is one bite at a time, just like tackling any other life project. Break down your task or project into small steps.
- Discover what makes others and yourself happy. Once you do this, you will find that you will be experiencing more joy and happiness in your life just by asking yourself the question, “What makes others and yourself happy?”
Do not allow situations or people to get under your skin and discourage you. Have faith that God has a plan for your life; your job is to figure out God’s will and then carry it out.
Scriptures To Help Give You Confidence!
- Proverbs 18:10 – The name of the LORD is a strong tower; the righteous man runs into it and is safe.
- Psalm 18:1–2 – I love you, O LORD, my strength. The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer, my God, my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.
- Psalm 27:1 – The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?
- Psalm 28:7 – The LORD is my strength and my shield; in him, my heart trusts, and I am helped; my heart exults, and with my song, I give thanks to him.
- Psalm 61:1–2 – Hear my cry, O God, listen to my prayer; from the end of the earth, I call to you when my heart is faint. Lead me to the rock that is higher than I.
- Psalm 91:1–2 – He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will abide in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say to the LORD, “My refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.”
- Psalm 94:19 – When the cares of my heart are many, your consolations cheer my soul.
- Psalm 121:1–2 – I lift up my eyes to the hills. From where does my help come? My help Evans comes from the LORD, who made heaven and earth.
Have Confidence In The Plan God Has For You!
Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your powers, you cannot be successful or happy. ~ Norman Vincent Peale
Please contact us if you have any questions or comments or want encouragement.
I’ve always believed that success for anyone is all about drive, dedication, and desire, but for me, it’s also been about confidence and faith. ~ Stephen Curry
Proverbs 31:11 Her husband has full confidence in her and lacks nothing of value.
Help Others Who Are Looking to Find Confidence Too!
If you or your friend stumble, avoid criticism and being judgmental. Instead, be constructive and supportive of them. Listen and let them vent about their failure.
There is a difference between being there for them and rescuing them. Yes, there may be a time to save a friend or family member, but do not fall into being an enabler. Point others to God and His promises, and if you are the one who is struggling, do the same thing and point yourself to God through prayer and reading scriptures. Talking to a pastor or trusted Christian friend, too, can be very helpful.
Three Tips To Boost Your Confidence
Know The Right Way To Find Confidence
I have found that if I am aware of my self-esteem and how it works, and then God can help me improve it, things become easier to help someone else. This does not mean pushing your advice onto them, but having confidence in how God made you, makes it easier to help others. Be careful to say things in loving ways to others when you try to help build their confidence. Be sure not to beat yourself up for faults or weaknesses. The bottom line, love God, love others, and love yourself.
Some Specific Scriptures To Encourage You:
Proverbs 3:26 ESV
For the Lord will be your confidence and will keep your foot from being caught.
Isaiah 41:10 ESV
Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
2 Corinthians 3:5 ESV
Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God,
1 John 3:20-21 ESV
For whenever our heart condemns us, God is greater than our heart, and he knows everything. Beloved, if our heart does not condemn us, we have confidence before God;
Hebrews 13:6 ESV
So we can confidently say, “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear; what can man do to me?”
Philippians 4:13 ESV
I can do all things through him who strengthens me.
Romans 15:13 ESV
May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit, you may abound in hope.
1 John 4:18 ESV
There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love.
Proverbs 28:26 ESV
Whoever trusts in his own mind is a fool, but he who walks in wisdom will be delivered.
Hebrews 10:35-36 ESV
Therefore do not throw away your confidence, which has a great reward. For you have need of endurance, so that when you have done the will of God, you may receive what is promised.
Psalm 20:7 ESV
Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the Lord our God.
1 John 3:22 ESV
And whatever we ask, we receive from him because we keep his commandments and do what pleases him.
Proverbs 14:26 ESV
In the fear of the Lord one has strong confidence, and his children will have a refuge.
Isaiah 30:15 ESV
For thus said the Lord God, the Holy One of Israel, “In returning and rest you shall be saved; in quietness and in trust shall be your strength.” But you were unwilling,
Hebrews 10:35 ESV
Therefore do not throw away your confidence, which has a great reward.
Romans 8:28 ESV
And we know that for those who love God, all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.
Find Hope And Encouragement From Our Links!
- If you just started believing in God, we have a page specifically for you.
- If you are dealing with anger, stress, or depression, we have information to help you.
- We have phone helplines, website links, and YouTube videos.
- You can learn more about us, our goals, and our purpose.
- If you have a drug/alcohol problem or want to get right with God, you are at the right place!
- If you need to talk to someone right away, you can call 800-633-3446 or click here.
- Finally, if you have any questions or get on our email list, just let us know.
For Encouragement, Call 800-633-3446 or Chat
Leave A Comment