Gratitude For All Things In Your Life?
I mention being thankful for what you also do not have because you could have a multitude of bad things happening in your life that you do not have.
Each one of us has dodged the bullet in some way, shape, or form in life!
Being thankful helps me realize that life is not something to just put up with, but something to be thankful for and to give God credit for.
Gratitude helps because without gratitude; I have found out that life can seem, “Meaningless and pointless” ~ Bill Greguska
Here are some helpful links:
- Does the Bible mention attitude?
- Is giving thanks to God important?
- What does the Bible say about thankfulness/ gratitude?
- Why do we pray before eating meals?
- Shouldn’t all our prayers include expressions of thankfulness?
Have Gratitude Because You Are Blessed!
Often people ask how I manage to be happy despite having no arms and no legs. The quick answer is that I have a choice. I can be angry about not having limbs, or I can be thankful that I have a purpose. I chose gratitude. ~ Nick Vujicic
Philippians 4:6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
Count Your Blessings
Gains instead of your losses.
Joys instead of your woes;
Friends instead of your foes.
Courage instead of your fears.
Full years instead of your lean;
Kind deeds instead of your mean.
Love your neighbor as much as yourself.
1 Thessalonians 5:18 Give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.
Our thankfulness should not fluctuate with our circumstances or feelings. When we make a conscious decision to do what God says, however, we will begin to see people in a new perspective.
When we do God’s will we will find it easier to be thankful. Make a list of all the gifts God has given you, giving thanks to God for each one. ~ Mike Hayden
Gratitude Is A Strength You Can Not Really Live Without!
Let’s be totally real about this. Gratitude is not always easy. Developing an attitude of gratitude helps, but it takes work.
You have to be strong to be grateful, especially when things seem to be going against you and life appears to be unfair.
It takes a strong person to look at a problem in the face and say, “I will get through this, and I know that better times are coming.
I’m going to find some things to be grateful for and with God’s help makes it past this hard time.”
Many years ago, when I was having problems with drugs and alcohol and life in general, you know what I managed to be grateful for? God’s love for me.
If you’re a believer in Jesus Christ, you can always be grateful for God’s love and protection.
If you have any doubt of God’s protection during hard times, the problem is with you in how you’re looking at things, not with God.
Yes, bad things indeed do happen to good people, but Jesus said, “Surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”
He’s there. We may not feel it, but he is there. We rely on his truthfulness, not our feelings.
Related Pages Of Encouragement:
A Special Link for a Little Extra Encouragement
Finding Things To Be Grateful For!
Let us know what you are thankful for. Contact us here or below. Okay, being grateful makes such a difference, how in the world do we cultivate it? How do we find things to be grateful for?
Let’s take a closer look at gratitude.
- Do you have a place to sleep tonight? Many people don’t.
- Do you have food? Many people don’t.
- Do you have your eyesight? Many people don’t.
- Do you have the ability to hear? Many people don’t.
- Do you have the ability to walk and talk? Many people don’t.
Above are some of the real major things, but if we take some time, we can find many small things that each of us can be happy about. From a hobby or activity, we love, to at least one good friend, to a job that pays the bills, to the simple freedoms we all take for granted every and every day.
Thankfulness and gratitude come not from comparing ourselves to people who have more, but to people who have less.
Simple Tips On How To Live A Good Life!
- Accepting Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior
- Love God with your whole heart, mind, and soul
- Love your neighbor as yourself
- Personal prayer
- Attending a Bible-believing church to grow in your faith
- Personal daily reading and studying of the Bible
- Fellowship with other believers
- Joining a Bible study
- Having an accountability partner
- Helping others daily or as a volunteer weekly
- Seeking a Christian counselor when needed
- Sharing your testimony with others new in their faith
- Keeping in contact with family and friends for support
- Exercising weekly
- Eating healthy food daily
- Sleeping 7-8 hours per night
- Find joy and laughter in life
- Let go of things you can not control
- Look for the good in others and in life
- Forgive others and yourself
Nick Vujicic’s Story
For Encouragement Call 1-800-633-3446 or Chat
Please contact us if you have any questions or comments or would just like some encouragement?
When we tell the story of our own conversion, I would have it done with great sorrow. Remembering what we used to be, and with great joy and gratitude, remembering how little we deserve these things. ~ Charles Spurgeon