Silliness Helps To Keeps Us Healthy And Sane!
Please contact us if you have any questions or comments or would just like some encouragement?
My mom did not like it when I had too much silliness in me, which is understandable, but on the other hand, she also told me that if I did not laugh about certain things, I would be bound to cry about them some point or another. The bottom line, it is often better to laugh about something than have to cry about it. ~ Bill Greguska
Ecclesiastes 3:4 a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn, and a time to dance.
Enjoy Silliness On The Crazy Side With Jim Carrey!
Steven Wright Special Video!
Would You Like To See Some Funny Dancing?
Funny NFL Football Bad Lip Reading Videos
Enjoy Silliness, But What If It Gets Inappropriate?
Does Laughter Lighten Your Load?
A little laughter can bring much joy to your life. Try it and share it with others! You must be discerning about whether or not humor is appropriate.
Colossians 4:6 says, “Let your speech always be with grace, as though seasoned with salt so that you will know how you should respond to each person.”
You must always have control over yourself and also your words because the tongue is the quickest weapon and sometimes lashes out without thinking. James 3:8 says that the tongue is “a restless evil, full of deadly poison,” so we must keep it tamed!
When in doubt, you need to ask the Holy Spirit for wisdom before saying or doing un-Godly things. The Bible says that the Holy Spirit will guide us and help us know God’s truth, John 16:13.
Yes, all good things come from God, which includes appreciating humor and sharing jokes with our friends. Of course, it’s certainly not a sin to laugh!
But we also need to be aware of our words, others’ feelings, and different situations where humor may or may not be appropriate. A good rule of thumb is that when in doubt, it is best to refrain.
Related Pages Of Encouragement:
A Special Link for a Little Extra Encouragement
Laughter Makes The World Go Around!
- Vanna White and Bill Greguska. Click here for the Jib Jab video.
- Funny video explaining exciting fun riddle trick #1
- Funny video explaining vital fun riddle trick #2
- Another video explaining strategic fun riddle trick #1
- ”You don’t stop laughing because you grow old. You grow old because you stop laughing.” Michael Pritchard.
- Is joking a sin? What does the Bible say about telling jokes?
- How do I know if a joke is funny and that it is proper? 1 Corinthians 10:23
- Does God have a sense of humor?
Enjoy Silliness With The Three Stooges~ Curly’s Best!
I just got one last thing. I urge all of you, all of you, to enjoy your life, the precious moments you have. To spend each day with some laughter and some thought to get you’re emotions going. ~ Jim Valvano
Proverbs 15:13 A happy heart makes a face cheerful, but heartache crushes the spirit.
One-Line Statement For You To Think About
- Why do we press harder on the remote control when we know the batteries are dead?
- At the ballpark, why are they called” stands” when they are made for sitting?
- Why doesn’t glue stick to the inside of the bottle?
- Ever wonder why “slow down” and “slow up” mean the same thing?
- Why do we sing “Take me out to the ballgame” when we’re already there?
- I got a job at a bakery because I kneaded the dough.
- Don’t worry about old age; it doesn’t last.
- If Fed Ex and UPS were to merge, would they call it Fed UP? ~ Unknown comedian.
- Two silk worms raced. They ended up in a tie.
- How can a “wise man” and a “wise guy” be opposites?
- Atheism is a non-prophet organization.
- Sign on the lawn at a drug rehab center said: “Keep off the Grass.”
- I didn’t like my beard at first. Then it grew on me.
- The soldier who survived mustard gas and pepper spray is now a seasoned veteran.
- You can tune a piano, but you can’t tuna fish.
- I stayed up all night to see where the sun went, and then it dawned on me.
- How can “fat chance” and “slim chance” mean the same thing?
- A dentist and a manicurist were married. They fought tooth and nail.
- With her marriage, she got a new name and a dress.
- Did you hear about the fellow whose whole left side was cut off? He’s all right now.
Is God’s View Of Silliness The Same As Yours?
If your humor is lighthearted, doesn’t hurt you or anyone else (disrespects anyone), and does not go against God’s commands for our lives (in any profound way). Then that is what I would have to consider appropriate humor.
There is so much on T. V. and movies that God does not think is funny. Colossians 3:8. I realize that humor at the expense of someone else’s feelings, or that only tears them down instead of building them up, is also something that God says we should not do Colossians 4:6; Ephesians 4:29?
Silliness Is Good, But Is Sarcasm, Okay?
Sharp wit and lighthearted sarcasm and can be fun ways to use the creativity that God gave us. Humor can be an excellent way to make someone laugh and feel better; in this dangerous world we live in (when appropriate, of course).
God can use you to help bring joy to others with the heart and humor that He has given you. Although cutting remarks at the expense of someone else is not using humor, how God would have intended. Proverbs 26:18-19.
Riddles That Might Possibly Stump You!
Q: You walk into a room with a match, a kerosene lamp, a candle, and a fireplace. Which do you light first?