Helpful Marriage Tips to Encourage You!
Ten Marriage Tips For a Happy Marriage!
10 Marriage Tips for Happy Married Life
1. Make time for your spouse every day.
You and your spouse can increase the probabilities of marital success by devoting time each day with each other.
2. Compliment your spouse regularly and often.
Both in private and in front of others.
3. Love your spouse in the way he or she wants to be loved.
For example do not buy a gift for your spouse that you would like to receive, get him or her what they would like.
4. Take care of how you look.
Look your best for your spouse. This also means taking care of your health, including eating properly and exercising regularly.
5. Remain faithful without any question or doubt in your spouse’s mind.
Accept the fact that you are no longer single and how much you value your spouse and your vows.
6. Do things together.
Whether that’s ballroom dancing, taking walks, bowling, playing cards, participate in at least one activity that you both enjoy every week. If you have kids, make sure at least half of these activities are for you and your spouse only.
7. Utilize your time apart.
You take an art class while your spouse goes to the gym; you play cards and your partner visits their parents. You don’t have to love everything your partner loves, but you do have to allow him or her the freedom to pursue the hobbies they like.
8. Be best friends with your spouse.
The key to marital happiness and success is friendship. Demonstrating affection and respect for each other on a regular daily basis, and sincerely enjoying each other’s company.
9. The terms of your relationship.
Communicate, reevaluate, or at least to clarify your values from time to time to be on the same page. Most disputes that break up marriages are over sex and money.
10. Say to your spouse “I love you” every day.
This is especially important when you’re not feeling the sensation of love; at these times, you have to actively generate it. Saying those three little words, and performing loving gestures, will warm both your and your spouse’s hearts.
One of The Greatest Marriage Tips!
Chains do not hold a marriage together. It is threads, hundreds of tiny threads, which sew people together through the years. ~ Simone Signoret
- Colossians 3:19 Husbands, love your wives and do not be harsh with them.
Ephesians 5:22 Wives, submit yourselves to your own husbands as you do to the Lord.
Related Pages of Encouragement:
A Special Link for a Little Extra Encouragement
Marriage Tips Concerning Having Children, or Not.
- How many children?
- How many years apart?
- Would we possibly consider adoption?
- What are the standards of behavior we would agree upon with the children?
- Are we willing to be a team in raising the children?
- Would one parent be the disciplinary parent and the other the backup? Who would be what?
- What are the proper ways to discipline them? How many strikes before they’re disciplined?
- What are the expectations of time spent with them and when they go to bed?
- What signs of affection will you show them?
- What about their education? Homeschool? Christian school? Public school?
- Would both parents help with homework or just one primarily?
Weird Things All Couples Fight About!
Marriage Tips About Making Choices For Entertainment!
- How much money should we spend on entertainment?
- How often should we eat out? Where? Proverbs 22:9
- What kind of a vacation is right and helpful for us?
- How many luxuries? Snowmobile, boat, cabin?
- Should we own a TV? Where? What is fitting to watch? How much?
- What are the criteria for movies and theater? What will our guidance be for the kids?
Marriage Tips About How to Deal With Conflict!
- What makes you angry?
- How do you handle your frustration or anger?
- How should we bring up an issue that is bothersome?
- What if we disagree both about what should be done, and whether it is serious or not?
- Will we go to bed angry at each other? Ephesians 4:26-27
- What is our view of getting help from friends or counselors?
Love is Not Just a Feeling; it is a Choice!
- How would you rate your marriage if you are in one?
- What do you expect from a marriage before you get married?
- If you have been divorced in the past and would like some help getting
- back on your feet, go to DivorceCare.o
Please contact us if you have any questions or comments or would just like some encouragement?
It is not a lack of love, but a lack of friendship that makes unhappy marriages. ~ Friedrich Nietzsche
Hebrews 13:4 Marriage should be honored by all, and the marriage bed kept pure, for God will judge the adulterer and all the sexually immoral.