Want More Optimism In Your Life?
Please contact us if you have any questions, comments, or encouragement.
There was much truth in the quote of Henry Ford when he said, “Whether you think you can, or you think you can’t–you’re right.” I also like Charles Swindoll’s quote in which he said, “Life is 10 percent what happens to me, and 90 percent how I react to it.”
Yet, we need to understand that God is the one who gives us the ability to do things, although our frame of mind influences the results. To live life to the fullest, a person needs to have optimism in their circumstances and, more importantly, faith in God’s will for their life. ~ Bill Greguska
Romans 12:12 Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.
Optimism, Like Happiness, Is A Choice And A State Of Mind!
Can Optimism And Depression Live Simultaneously?
Is your glass half full or half empty? Optimism will tell you your glass is half full. It is a fact that I have been depressed in my life before. Thank God people around me have pointed me to Jesus Christ. That was the best encouragement I could have received. Generally, I have been an optimistic person throughout my life, even while going through two major depressions.
Without a doubt, it must have been the Holy Spirit working in me. Making those two dark seasons of my life work out according to God’s plan and purpose. To find encouragement, one must also be optimistic, for who in the world goes fishing thinking that there are no fish in the water. ? optimism is hoping and knowing in your heart that God provides for us. He gives us what we need because his word promises us that! ~ Bill Greguska
How Can We Practice Optimism?
- Pause With God- Stop and catch ourselves when we start allowing the devil to influence our thinking. Cast all your anxiety onto God.
- Pray To God- Once we realize that our attitude needs some adjustment. We need to ask God to fill our thoughts with truth and the knowledge of His powerful ability and rest in His care.
- Praise God- If the glass is half full, we still must praise Him for what He’s given with gratitude! We can praise Him for His goodness, love, grace, provision, and protection.
- Have Peace With God- We must choose and pursue peace instead of allowing our minds to pound against the waves. We need to trust in the Lord and His promises.
- Soak In God’s Word- It’s so effortless and unfruitful to sit and worry. It’s much harder and more worthwhile to fill ourselves with God’s Word. We can try to memorize some verses or learn where to find them, which will help us struggle with pessimism. God will bring the right scriptures to mind when we need them.
Learned Optimism Can Help The Way We Process Our Thoughts!
Can Optimism Be Considered An Act Of Faith?
Optimism is “anticipating the best possible outcome to what might happen.” Optimists usually feel that “good things” will happen to them in the future or that what they hope for will happen. Generally, people lean toward either being optimistic or pessimistic, no matter what they believe about God. People typically see their glass as either “half full” or “half empty.”
So, optimism does not mean the same as faith in God. It can be just their personality and have nothing to do with religion. Optimistic people often find more joy in life and are usually more pleasant to be around because they refuse to worry about things they cannot control. However, just because a person appears optimistic does not necessarily mean they have great faith in God.
Some Specific Scriptures To Encourage You:
Joshua 1:9 ESV
Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”
Romans 8:28 ESV
And we know that for those who love God, all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.
Philippians 4:13 ESV
I can do all things through him who strengthens me.
Proverbs 4:23 ESV
Keep your heart with all vigilance, for from it flow the springs of life.
Ephesians 4:29 ESV
Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear.
1 Corinthians 13:7 ESV
Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
John 3:16 ESV
“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.
Psalm 118:24 ESV
This is the day that the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.
Ephesians 6:11 ESV
Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil.
2 Timothy 3:1-5 ESV
But understand this, that in the last days, there will come times of difficulty. For people will be lovers of self, lovers of money, proud, arrogant, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, heartless, unappeasable, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not loving good, treacherous, reckless, swollen with conceit, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having the appearance of godliness, but denying its power. Avoid such people.
Philippians 4:12 ESV
I know how to be brought low, and I know how to abound. In any and every circumstance, I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance, and need.
2 Timothy 3:16 ESV
All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness,
John 14:27 ESV
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.
Jeremiah 29:11 ESV
For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.
1 Thessalonians 5:6 ESV
So then, let us not sleep, as others do, but let us keep awake and be sober.
Philippians 4:6 ESV
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God.
Find Hope And Encouragement From Our Links!
- If you just started believing in God, we have a page specifically for you.
- If you are dealing with anger, stress, or depression, we have information that can help you.
- We have phone helplines, website links, and YouTube videos.
- You can learn more about us, our goals, and our purpose.
- If you have a drug/alcohol problem or want to get right with God, you are at the right place!
- If you need to talk to someone right away, you can call 800-633-3446 or click here.
- Finally, if you have any questions or get on our email list, just let us know.
For Encouragement, Call 1-800-633-3446 or Chat