Denying Yourself Is A Good Thing!
Please contact us if you have any questions or comments, or would just like some encouragement?
Denying yourself means to say no to something pleasurable to have something better for you in the long run, usually having to do with doing God’s will not our own will. ~ Bill Greguska
Luke 9:23 Then he said to them all: “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross daily and follow me.
What Is Denying Yourself And Pick Up My Cross Mean?
Learn About Specific Scriptures Of Encouragement!
What does the Open Bible say about denying yourself?
What does Biblegateway say about self-discipline?
Denying Yourself Is The Start Of Something Good!
Realize that being a disciple of Jesus Christ means denying yourself and our sinful desires.
Possibly the hardest requirement of being a disciple of Jesus Christ to deny yourself. We are all born with selfishness built right in us, it does not have to be taught, and resisting our natural desires is an ongoing battle. Denying self is key to being a follower of Jesus Christ. Read Romans 13:14. “Rather, clothe yourselves with the Lord Jesus Christ, and do not think about how to gratify the desires of the sinful nature.” Repete this scripture to yourself and let it sink in.
Denying Yourself Means Saying No
To What Your Flesh Wants To Do!
Read this from Romans 13:8-14 because it also speaks volumes, “Let no debt remain outstanding, except the continuing debt to love one another, for he who loves his fellowman has fulfilled the law. The commandments, “Do not commit adultery,” “Do not murder,” “Do not steal,” “Do not covet,” and whatever other commandments there might be, that can be summed up in this one rule: “Love your neighbor as yourself.” Love does not harm its neighbor. Therefore love is the fulfillment of the law. And do this, understanding the present time.
What If My Problems Seem Out Of Control?
Find Hope And Encouragement From Our Links!
- If you just started believing in God, we have a page specifically for you.
- If you are dealing with anger, stress, or depression, we have information that can be of help to you.
- We have phone helplines, website links, youtube videos.
- You can learn more about us and our goals and our purpose.
- If you have a drug/alcohol problem or if you want to get right with God, you are at the right place!
- If you need to talk to someone right away, you can call 800-633-3446 or click here.
- Finally, if you have any questions or would like to get on our email list, just let us know.
For Encouragement Call 1-800-633-3446 or Chat