How Important Is A Personal Bible Study?
Five P’s For Personal Bible Study!
Personal Bible Study Lesson 1
*What are the results of sin?
- First, read Mark 7:20-23 How does rebel against God cause a person to act?
- Do you recognize these things in yourself? Notice that they include not only acts but thoughts and attitudes.
- What do these things do to a person?
- What does the word “defile” mean?
- Then read Psalm 5:4-6. What does God think about sin?
- After that, read Isaiah 59:1-2. What does sin do to our relationship with God?
- Then read Romans 3:23. What is the result of sin?
- Read Romans 5:8. From this verse, what did God do because He loves us?
- Read Isaiah 55:6-7. What are the conditions we must meet for God to pardon us for our sins?
Personal Bible Study Lesson 2
Sin Is Rebellion Against God!
*Who is Jesus Christ?
- First, read John 20:30-31. Why does John say he wrote about Jesus?
- Then read John 14:1-11 Read the passage silently, then state the claims that Jesus makes for Himself in these verses.
- After that reading, John 6:35-40 Pick out Jesus’ claims about himself in these verses.
- Then read John 5:10-18. Why did the Jews try to kill Jesus based on these verses?
- Read John 5:19-24. What response does Jesus expect from us?
- What will be the result of a proper response?
Personal Bible Study Lesson 3
Who Does Jesus Claim To Be?
*What did Jesus Christ Do?
- Review: What did we learn from the last study about who Jesus Christ is?
- First, read Mark 2:1-12 What was Jesus doing when the person with paralysis was brought to Him?
- What did Jesus do for the person with paralysis that the crowd could see?
- What did Jesus claim for Himself in this situation?
- What is the main idea of His claim plus His act of healing?
- Then read Mark 2:15-17. What did Jesus say He came for?
- After that reading Mark 10:33-34, What do we learn about Jesus and His death?
- Then read Mark 10:45 What did Jesus say the purpose of His death was?
- What does the word ransom mean?
- In the light of the previous study, from what would His death be a ransom?
- Then read Matthew 28:1-7. Did Jesus fulfill His prediction He would rise from the dead?
- Read Romans 6:20-23. What can God do for us because Jesus Christ died?
- Finally, read 1 John 5:11-12 What relationship must we have with Jesus if we are to benefit from what He did for us?
Individual Bible Study Lesson 4
Do You Have Eyes To See And Ears To Hear?
*How can I receive Jesus Christ?
- Review: What did we learn from the last study about what Jesus did?
- First, read John 1:12. What two things must we do the become children of God?
- Then read John 3:16. What is the result of believing in Jesus Christ?
- After that, read John 13:13. If we receive Jesus into our lives, who are we receiving?
- He is Teacher and Lord. What can we expect Him to do when He comes into our lives?
- Then read Romans 10:9-10. What is involved in receiving Jesus Christ?
- Read Matthew 16:24-25. Jesus here encourages His disciples to “count the cost” of following Him. Based on these verses, what would Him “cost” you?
- For additional discussion, please read the following:
- A. Revelation 3:20
- B. 1 John 5:11-12
- C. 2 Timothy 3:16-17
In loving memory of Luann Barbosa written by Marco Barbosa
God’s Word Will Be Fruitful To You When You Apply It!
Personal Bible study needs to be a discipline that you do each morning. I say morning because that seems to be the best time to put aside before the business of life hits us.
Take time to pray first and ask God to speak to you and clear your mind of other thoughts you might have.
What If My Problems Seem Out Of Control?
Find Hope And Encouragement From Our Links!
- If you just started believing in God, we have a page specifically for you.
- If you are dealing with anger, stress, or depression, we have information that can help you.
- We have phone helplines, website links, youtube videos.
- You can learn more about us and our goals, and our purpose.
- If you have a drug/alcohol problem, or if you want to get right with God, you are at the right place!
- If you need to talk to someone right away, you can call 800-633-3446 or click here.
For Encouragement Call 1-800-633-3446 or Chat