Take time to dig into it and learn what the Bible says?
Do You Have Eyes To See And Ears To Hear?
*How can I receive Jesus Christ?
“For a man’s ways are in full view of the Lord, and he examines all his paths.” Proverbs 5:21
- Review: What did we learn from the last study about what Jesus did?
- First, read John 1:12 What two things must we do the become children of God?
- Then read John 3:16 What is the result of believing in Jesus Christ?
- After that read John 13:13 If we receive Jesus into our lives, who are we receiving?
- Since He is Teacher and Lord, what can we expect Him to do when He comes into our lives?
- Then read Romans 10:9-10 What is involved in receiving Jesus Christ?
- Read Matthew 16:24-25 Jesus here encourages His disciples to “count the cost” of following Him. Based on these verses, what would Him “cost” you?
- For additional discussion, please read the following:
- A. Revelation 3:20
- B. 1 John 5:11-12
- C. 2 Timothy 3:16-17
In memory of Luann Barbosa written by Marco Barbosa
God’s Word Will Be Fruitful To You When You Apply It!
When the Bible is open, it will speak to you, when you apply it to your life it will work for you. When you believe the Bible, it will save you, although you will still have problems, yet God will help you through them!
Personal Bible study needs to be a discipline that you do each and every morning. I say morning because that seems to be the best time to put aside before the business of life hits us.
Take time to pray first and ask God to speak to you and clear you mind of other thoughts you might have.
If the morning does not work for you, the point is that we need to make the time for what is important, which in this case is having a personal Bible study.
Try your best to stick to your study schedule, but if you miss a day, get right back at it the next day (or even later in the same day).
Do not try to speed read through, by doing so you will be glossing over God’s word too quickly to let it make a dent in your head and heart. While reading, ask the Bible what actual message it is trying to get across to you. If you need to re-read sections that is no problem, actually it can be a very good thing.
There will not be a quiz, so relax and put your heart and mind into it un-distracted. After you are done studying, later on in the day, mentally go over a couple of the points you learned. ~ Bill Greguska
For Encouragement Call 1-800-633-3446 or Chat