Best Dating Advice Is To Put God First!
Please contact us if you have any questions or comments, or would just like some encouragement?
Dating is not a covenant relationship, and it ought not to be. It is time to get to know the person you are dating to tell whether or not you ought to get married. ~ Bill Greguska
2 Corinthians 6:14 Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness?
Christian Dating Learn More
Counseling on Marriage – How it Can Help?
Dating Advice: Get Anchored In Jesus!
Specific Relationship Resource Links:
Good Dating Advice Is To Get To Know The Person Very Well!
One of the best ways to get to know someone when dating is by asking questions and observing their behaviors!
- Do you swim? Mention some favorite memories?
- More questions you eventually may want to know:
- Their favorite verse & why? (Note if they wish to know yours too)
- Have they ever looked at Proverbs in friendships? Would they like to with you?
- What life goal(s) do you have?
- Do they like learning new things?
- Any particular subjects interest them the most?
- What’s on your “Bucket List”? i.e., What do you want to do in life? Goals? Prayers & plans to reach them?
- Future Hope? Prov.24:20 only evildoers have no future hope!
- How do they respond to your encouragement?
- You want to know how they evaluate friendships. (their level of discretion/reasons for intimacy with others.
- Are they a worry-wart? If not, why it not?
- Do you ever discuss the sermons from church?
- What are their gifts/areas of expertise/interest?
- Things they like to share with you that would enrich your life.
How To Find A Real Christian Man? / Be A Christian Man?
Dating Advice: The Leading Of God, Not Of Your Hormones
- “Don’t judge a book by its cover.” That’s how the old saying goes. But as you start getting to know the other person, ask questions, and learn about your date before you begin to consider letting yourself fall in love.
- Make sure your values and goals do not clash; if you would love having children and your partner is not interested would be an excellent example of a conflict. Also, it is suggested that your spending habits ought not to clash with your date because money is an issue that creates arguments.
- Are there standards for movies and television like yours?
- Are they the type of person who keeps their word?
- Share on an as need basis, which means not to disclose over personal shortcomings at the beginning, yet at some point when more will need to come out in time.
- Do not get involved in any romantic relationship with someone who is a non-Christian. You can be friends, but do not date someone who does not hold similar spiritual beliefs, it can be a point of division in the long run.
Important Benefits Of Dating Advice!
When You Date The Right Person, You Will Know It!
Dating Is A Process, Not A Race!
- Observe your partner’s personality be sure that they are loyal, how they handle on their temper, are they open to what the Bible teaches, are not addicted to any drugs or alcohol, tend to be unselfish, honest in all areas of their life, like how they handle decision-making, values, respect, forgiveness, etc. But most importantly, how their faith in God influences their life.
- Practice manners from the start and keep them a high priority throughout the relationship. If you don’t hold this respectful attitude when the foundations of marriage are being laid, it will be almost impossible to start them later.
- Don’t expect your partner to be perfect, which means things the media conjure up in our minds (muscular men/shapely women). Looks are fleeting, but good character is something worth more than silver or gold.
- Date with a purpose in mind. Guard your heart, and don’t allow yourself to be disrespected. Have high standards. Don’t settle for something mediocre when God has something exceptional for you.
- God intended sex to be for marriage, and as a disciple of Christ, it’s our responsibility to protect ourselves for when we get married. The world has turned the sexual activity into a recreational sport when, in fact, God’s purpose for sex is for it to be a spiritual bonding of two married people. Don’t let the world influence your view on sex.
What If My Problems Seem Out Of Control?
Find Hope And Encouragement From Our Links!
- If you just started believing in God, we have a page specifically for you.
- If you are dealing with anger, stress, or depression, we have information that can be of help to you.
- We have phone helplines, website links, youtube videos.
- You can learn more about us and our goals and our purpose.
- If you have a drug/alcohol problem, or if you want to get right with God, you are at the right place!
- If you need to talk to someone right away, you can call 800-633-3446 or click here.
- Finally, if you have any questions or would like to get on our email list, just let us know.
For Encouragement Call 1-800-633-3446 or Chat